Air Jordan 1 x UNION LA Thread

Are you not counting or remembering the whole NT Viktor empty box fiasco? What ever came of that anyway, were you able to recover your funds?
Maybe he was in HS during that time haha. Damn, I didn't even pay attention to the username until your post, but man, all of NT still remembers that whole fiasco

Are you not counting or remembering the whole NT Viktor empty box fiasco? What ever came of that anyway, were you able to recover your funds?

lol nah I aint count it cause the 4s I actually had in hand, I got my money back 3 days later.

I think some of these resellers with consignment style shops are baiting and switching on a lot of gullible people. I know one in my town that is suspect at best. Maybe one slipped through the cracks, but I doubt it. The way he reacted makes me think he’s either an idiot being taken advantage of or he thought I was an idiot.

Mixing stock isn't new, especially when these new consignment stores in all over the country in malls and other places, the guys at flight and stadium accept fake shoes from time to time because the AAA reps are that good.

Humans aren’t infallible, so even the most trustworthy consignment stores can let fakes through. A big difference is how some of those stores handle those situations. It seems like StockX will fight you tooth & nail in order to not admit they made a mistake. Whereas Flight Club, Stadium Goods, & GOAT will accept returns for credit no questions asked, I believe.

Flight club, Goat, Stadium will admit to it, I’ve seen instances someone in here got a fake pair of infrared 6s from Flight club, he got his money back however stockx.. stockx is the worst customer service I have ever seen. Stadium is kinda trash too I sold something there for a large amount of money and they didn’t want to cut the check.. Funds must have been low.

Humans aren’t infallible, so even the most trustworthy consignment stores can let fakes through. A big difference is how some of those stores handle those situations. It seems like StockX will fight you tooth & nail in order to not admit they made a mistake. Whereas Flight Club, Stadium Goods, & GOAT will accept returns for credit no questions asked, I believe.
Right. It’s all about how you handle the situation. If I call out obvious fakes, there is a obvious way to handle the situation.

Colored laces in the set. Has anyone seen blue laces in the Black Toes to match its stitching so it's like the yellow on the Storms? I don't have a blue set so I didn't get to try it out.
2CE30550-4FBC-42C3-B9D7-E1EDEEFC42CF-BFA4C40B-F941-4868-9DBC-4BA1F01EEC46.JPG

Yeah, I took them out. I like the alternate sail/black in them the most. I just put them in to take a picture with the yellow in the Storms, which were also put back to sail/black.

Hoping I could get some help legit checking these. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20200629_183336.jpg
    IMG_20200629_183336.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20200629_184545.jpg
    IMG_20200629_184545.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20200629_184600.jpg
    IMG_20200629_184600.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20200629_184625.jpg
    IMG_20200629_184625.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20200629_184631.jpg
    IMG_20200629_184631.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20200629_184641.jpg
    IMG_20200629_184641.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20200629_184646.jpg
    IMG_20200629_184646.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_20200629_184653.jpg
    IMG_20200629_184653.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 810
Hoping I could get some help legit checking these. Any help would be appreciated.

I'd stay away - unless you already bought it :nerd:

Ask the seller if s/he ever took the laces out and relaced them, because the laces aren't laced up in the direction of the factory default. The pair in question have both pairs laced to the right first then left. Should be laced out first then the medial side second for both pairs. So if s/he says that it was never relaced, that's a big red flag already.

But if the seller does say that it was relaced, then the toebox holes are mad slanted. Look at the lace holes on the pair on the right. The second row of holes from the bottom damn near slants downards - the entire design of the holes on toebox is slanted on that pair.

Also, the leather on the heel is really tumbled on this pair. Should be smoother with maybe a bit of wrinkle only.

And I don't know if this is just because it's a bigger size, but the tip of the Wings logo shouldn't extend that far forward. Maybe somebody with a size 11 can chime in on this part. Mines is a size 8 directly from Union, and the tip of the Wings logo on my pair doesn't extend that far forward past the vertical stitching by the lace holes.

Last edited:
I'd stay away - unless you already bought it :nerd:

Ask the seller if s/he ever took the laces out and relaced them, because the laces aren't laced up in the direction of the factory default. The pair in question have both pairs laced to the right first then left. Should be laced out first then the medial side second for both pairs. So if s/he says that it was never relaced, that's a big red flag already.

But if the seller does say that it was relaced, then the toebox holes are mad slanted. Look at the lace holes on the pair on the right. The second row of holes from the bottom damn near slants downards - the entire design of the holes on toebox is slanted on that pair.

Also, the leather on the heel is really tumbled on this pair. Should be smoother with maybe a bit of wrinkle only.

And I don't know if this is just because it's a bigger size, but the tip of the Wings logo shouldn't extend that far forward. Maybe somebody with a size 11 can chime in on this part. Mines is a size 8 directly from Union, and the tip of the Wings logo on my pair doesn't extend that far forward past the vertical stitching by the lace holes.

I appreciate the detailed response. I'll have to ask about the re-lacing. I was concerned about the wings logo as well but saw a few pairs online where it did extent that far out...I'm hoping it's size-dependent. The guy I'm buying them from is as legit as they come (actually works at a sneaker boutique where I live), and he's giving me a really good deal on them..Might have to pass, though. Thanks again.

The rough cut of the leather on the right toe box looks iffy as well. They’ve been at least tried on. You can see the folding on the right heel from some one walking in them. I’d give them the smell test. Real Unions smell like real leather; some of the most ‘Jordan 1’ smelling shoes I’ve come across. If you take a good, deep breath and get a contact high from the glue, you know they’re fugazi.

The rough cut of the leather on the right toe box looks iffy as well. They’ve been at least tried on. You can see the folding on the right heel from some one walking in them. I’d give them the smell test. Real Unions smell like real leather; some of the most ‘Jordan 1’ smelling shoes I’ve come across. If you take a good, deep breath and get a contact high from the glue, you know they’re fugazi.
Also, that box is damaged at the bottom. Don’t know why, but every fake pair has those crushed corners and compression marks. Maybe they shipped them stacked incorrectly?

Thanks!! They're a used pair, do you think that would explain the issues you raised? Leather seems very good on them, honestly.

Back
Top Bottom