Air Jordan 1 x UNION LA Thread

Finally got my hands on a pair of Storm Blues. ****ing lovely😍 definitely not disappointed
C126C9FE-1A1E-453D-BFD9-8E04F50535AA.jpeg

I originally had on Air Max 1 Animal 2.0s, but my daughter made me switch and suggested these lol.

I forgot that I was going to wear the green gusto sacais. Oh well.

One can never go wrong w the Union 1s however!

Attachments

• 52F1BCFF-D282-4EFA-A8C8-468B8E42769B.jpeg
    52F1BCFF-D282-4EFA-A8C8-468B8E42769B.jpeg
    574.8 KB · Views: 490
Everytime I come to this thread I get more and more pissed off for passing on a pair of these for $500 right after the release 😩😩

Everytime I come to this thread I get more and more pissed off for passing on a pair of these for $500 right after the release 😩😩
If you don't mind me asking for what colorway was you being offered for that price? Doesn't really matter now since either colorway copped for $500 would be a steal but I'm just curious lol.

If you don't mind me asking for what colorway was you being offered for that price? Doesn't really matter now since either colorway copped for $500 would be a steal but I'm just curious lol.

Yea it was black time for sure. I had a great lien on them and passed smdh.

hate to be the person to say it but those look fake. the leather shouldnt be pebbled like that.

The heel panel is pretty tumbled on that pair also which was an issue on a batch of replicas :nerd:

commandocando commandocando
I snapped a photo of my pair directly from Union so you can see what we talking about. See how the red leather and blue leather are smooth and not pebbled/tumbled?

It's entirely possible that some pairs are tumbled, maybe somebody else in here with a pair can chime in?

sb.jpg

Last edited:
If those are replicas, then that's scary

If you don't have a legit pair to compare to and know what to look for, it's pretty hard to tell. But some replica batches have huge flaws. I know one of the better Black Toe Union replica batches have a flaw where the tongue is sort of pinkish. And one of the better Storm Blue Union replica batches had overly tumbled leather. As I mentioned in my other post, it's possible that some legit pairs are tumbled, but it was a known flaw in one of the replica batches that the leather is overly tumbled.

Just looking out for commandocando commandocando because I'd hate to see that s/he got ripped off because I know resale for these ain't cheap.
People who sell replicas as real are scumbags :smh:

Last edited:
If you don't have a legit pair to compare to and know what to look for, it's pretty hard to tell. But some replica batches have huge flaws. I know one of the better Black Toe Union replica batches have a flaw where the tongue is sort of pinkish. And one of the better Storm Blue Union replica batches had overly tumbled leather. As I mentioned in my other post, it's possible that some legit pairs are tumbled, but it was a known flaw in one of the replica batches that the leather is overly tumbled.

Just looking out for commandocando commandocando because I'd hate to see that s/he got ripped off because I know resale for these ain't cheap.
People who sell replicas as real are scumbags :smh:

Woah! My Storm Blues appear to be have tumbled leather. Last year, I traded DS Travis Scott 1 Lows plus some cash for some DS Storm Blues from a very reputable local source. I'm not going to lie, you have me a little concerned right now lol.

Woah! My Storm Blues appear to be have tumbled leather. Last year, I traded DS Travis Scott 1 Lows plus some cash for some DS Storm Blues from a very reputable local source. I'm not going to lie, you have me a little concerned right now lol.

That was a nice trade depending on the cash :nthat:

That was a nice trade depending on the cash :nthat:

Both shoes were DS, the TS 1 Lows were size 10 and the Storm Blues are a size 9.5. I got the TS Low 1s for retail and added $330. I went through some notes and the Unions came directly from the Union drop (he sent me his order confirmation) so I'm not too concerned about the authenticity of my pair now/again lol.

Both shoes were DS, the TS 1 Lows were size 10 and the Storm Blues are a size 9.5. I got the TS Low 1s for retail and added $330. I went through some notes and the Unions came directly from the Union drop (he sent me his order confirmation) so I'm not too concerned about the authenticity of my pair now/again lol.
What if mans had a real pair with order confirmation from Union, and also grabbed fake pairs to flip? Not saying that’s what happened but when it comes to the almighty dollar you never know...

haven't seen one pair of blk or blue union fakes get the stitching right. im sure there's some good ones I just haven't seen anyway.

What if mans had a real pair with order confirmation from Union, and also grabbed fake pairs to flip? Not saying that’s what happened but when it comes to the almighty dollar you never know...

Definitely true and possible. He runs a local consignment shop and is very reputable so I’m not worried. I just never realized overly tumbled leather was an indicator for fake/replica Storm Blues. I just wear my shoes without worry.

Here's the heel of my pair. Purchased from Union. There's some tumbling in the red and blue leathers. Nothing crazy though.

IMG_20200722_165349.jpg
Yeah this is fine. It's slightly tumbled but still relatively smooth overall. Look at the red leather on your ankle collar compared to the pair that commandocando commandocando posted. It's a very different kind of tumbling.

both my unions have pretty good tumbling
20200722_180111.jpg

This look smooth overall with very minimal tumbling.

Hm, I think I understand what you’re saying.

Legit pairs may look tumbled but they’re still smooth to the touch.

Whereas his pair looks pebbled, bumpy to the touch?

Back
Top Bottom