Air Jordan 1 x UNION LA Thread

Haven’t looked at my Storm Blues in while but all this recent tumbling talk got me curious 😂. I think I’m good bought them from StockX like a month after the drop for $700.
80EED783-CDE3-4A09-9A07-7DD0AD535126.jpeg

Haven’t looked at my Storm Blues in while but all this recent tumbling talk got me curious 😂. I think I’m good bought them from StockX like a month after the drop for $700.
80EED783-CDE3-4A09-9A07-7DD0AD535126.jpeg

Yeah you straight. See how the red ankle collar leather and the blue heel leather both look smooth to the touch?

If you don't have a legit pair to compare to and know what to look for, it's pretty hard to tell. But some replica batches have huge flaws. I know one of the better Black Toe Union replica batches have a flaw where the tongue is sort of pinkish. And one of the better Storm Blue Union replica batches had overly tumbled leather. As I mentioned in my other post, it's possible that some legit pairs are tumbled, but it was a known flaw in one of the replica batches that the leather is overly tumbled.

Just looking out for @commandocando because I'd hate to see that s/he got ripped off because I know resale for these ain't cheap.
People who sell replicas as real are scumbags :smh:

agree. It’s one thing to sell reps, but another to sell reps as being authentic.

In addition as folks have pointed out about the pebbled looking leather, the shoe box looks disproportionate.

Selling reps/fake stuff is illegal, but I dunno if we could ever get to the point where it’s stopped

I know a guy who did 3 years in federal prison for selling fake jerseys on eBay. He got greedy and went too big.

Sold both my double up pairs last year, but recently re-acquired another pair of BT off StockX. You guys got me a little paranoid with this fake talk, but I think I’m straight. I compared them to my other pair and everything seems to check out. Only difference I noticed is every pair I’ve gotten has always smelled strong when I opened up the box except this time lol. They didn’t smell at all. although I don’t think that’s really an indicator of anything.
its also a size 7. The shape of the smaller sizes always throws people off.
7ED2817E-02CE-4262-813E-4D3847B61D92.jpeg
767BDC9D-53CC-48E2-B2AF-E7760CF3BE96.jpeg
931F4CBA-041F-4845-A8B8-99DD4D6D866D.jpeg

3F2413D0-59E8-4349-8C61-7E75FBFFB29A.jpeg

28C211E9-DCC3-473C-B68C-7A91D66F1E12.jpeg

the ankle area has some tumbling but definitely a smooth finish.

Just from quickly glancing at them, they look good to me. I know a lot of people say fakes are getting really good, but most of the fakes posted on NT look "off" immediately to me. These don't. I think you're good.

yeah I agree. I’m glad I have a pair to compare it to also. when these first came out, fakes weren’t very good so they were easy to spot. I just keep hearing about how good they’ve gotten now and it made me a little uneasy. I just wanted a few extra eyes to take a look just to be safe.
Unions are beautiful tho. Probably one of my favorite shoes ever. I would triple up if I had the money to do so lol.

Unions going to be at $1500 soon and then you'll be saying I should have bought at $800
lol was just going back through earlier posts and this is spot on
very similar situation with the new union 4s, first couple pages people trashing on them then people start buying them up and prices sky rocket

Looks good to me it looks like the shoes came from urban necessities because my pair has the same qr code sticker lol

lol was just going back through earlier posts and this is spot on
very similar situation with the new union 4s, first couple pages people trashing on them then people start buying them up and prices sky rocket

regret not copping the black toes in my size 9 for 550 when they first released thinking i'd be content with just the storm blues.

can you elaborate? or link to some of those vids?

There’s a popular video online of some guy taking fakes in to UB and I think a couple of them passed authentication?

I’ve said it several times but I’ll repeat: ANYTHING that relies on humans is subject to human error. This includes authenticating sneakers. This goes for EVERY consignment shop. So, do your due diligence and review your sneaker after purchase (BEFORE cutting any tags or wearing).

This is not to discourage buying from consignment shops. The probability of getting a real pair from a reputable consignment shop is still much, much, MUCH higher than from eBay, Facebook, offer up, etc.

welp my top 3 gold unions 1s have just became trade bait. was saving them to wear for the next Saints Superbowl appearance but now I think that may be a WHILE :rolleyes

They were just sold at union, dude must think it was some kind of a collaboration :lol:

thought it was a collab they released at complexcon at the union booth but they did have a wider release few months later "dude". if I'm wrong cool. Lol NTers love the semantics.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom