Air Jordan 1 XQ OG Retro 555088-040

To clarify... Did NT make up the nickname it the "Atlanta Hawk" colorway or was there actual labeling of that nickname by JB?
I dont think Nike chooses any of the shoe nicknames. But they confirmed a rivalry pack earlier this year. Piston and lakers mids were a part of this pack as well as the Clover OGs and a confirmed ATL OGs

To clarify... Did NT make up the nickname it the "Atlanta Hawk" colorway or was there actual labeling of that nickname by JB?
These are a retro of an extremely limited china release from 2007. Jordan 1 XQ. Google it. They have nothing to do with the Atlanta Hawks unless I severely overlooked this info..

Nike is releasing a bunch of china related shoes in china. This is a part of that collection.

Last edited:
Those were all the rage back in 07. They do look very nice with NA. I guess we get the shaft. (Again)

These are a retro of an extremely limited china release from 2007. Jordan 1 XQ. Google it. They have nothing to do with the Atlanta Hawks unless I severely overlooked this info..

Nike is releasing a bunch of china related shoes in china. This is a part of that collection.
Hopefully that means they will release a few Shanghai SB retroes here as well.

Anyway I would only cop if the money is extra right.

I dont think Nike chooses any of the shoe nicknames. But they confirmed a rivalry pack earlier this year. Piston and lakers mids were a part of this pack as well as the Clover OGs and a confirmed ATL OGs

Yeah I understand that. In one of the 1 High threads, Bubrub and LAOKRATWR and few others including myself were discussing about why these colors and the significance. One of them mentioned it could be because of the "rivalry" with Nique since they already had Knicks and Celtic 1st out. Turns out, it was the XQ back from 2007 but there is still "Atlanta Hawk" in the title of thread. That's why I'm asking, just for confirmation why it's still there.

lol. I know. I said that with my first post here on this thread.

I was actually really digging these back in 2007. Now that they have NIKEAIR branding on, definitely gonna try and cop now that I have a chance. Though quality probably won't be as good

But the title of thread says "Atlanta Hawk". I'm just going to assume that nickname (though misleading for new people who dont know) is just for us who were in the earlier threads that talked about it and now finally realize what they are.

Getting really misunderstood on NT today and not sure if anyone is understanding what I'm getting at. :lol:

Apologies NT fam, I'm done. I'll just shut it about this topic and move on.

I thought these kicks were gonna have the oldschool atlanta hawk basketball team colorway with nike air on the tongue.

ill update the title. what should it read exactly? Air Jordan 1 OG XQ Retro?

ill update the title. what should it read exactly? Air Jordan 1 OG XQ Retro?
yeah when they were providing info bout the jordan 1 rivals nicknames....the dude was like something based on the hawks colorways....

so my bad to my fellow nters.....like the mids that drop this week with the sonics color base are the supersonics...

Haha I remember when my boy had fakes of these back in 07. He was so disappointed when I broke the news to him in geometry class :lol:

Hopefully that means they will release a few Shanghai SB retroes here as well.

Anyway I would only cop if the money is extra right.
yes they will, i'm currently prepare for it

about the name of these shoes in China they called it Air Jordan 1 XQ , XQ abbreviation喜庆(Xi Qing) means festival in english. here is the announcement board for release date in nike store shanghai
ixFb1jhE1g0nW.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom