AIR JORDAN 11 “GRATITUDE” / THANK YOU - 12/09/2023

IMG_8583.jpeg

Finally made my homemade DMP package

XIs never had zoom air. 12s were the first to have zoomed air
You’re right that was misspeak from me. But it was a full length air unit which I can’t recall seeing on any XI tear downs in the past decade which seems to make a significant difference in distributing pressure. I don’t think it’s just a softer phylon material being used on this one.

You’re right that was misspeak from me. But it was a full length air unit which I can’t recall seeing on any XI tear downs in the past decade which seems to make a significant difference in distributing pressure. I don’t think it’s just a softer phylon material being used on this one.

Meh, pretty sure it's the softer phylon they randomly decided to put on some pairs and not others. My cool grays are noticeably softer than the rest of my modern XI retros. I didn't buy the Gratitudes but it sounds like they're the same or quite similar. Those tiny (in terms of thickness) non-Zoom air units don't do much in my opinion, at least not the versions Nike uses nowadays.

The recent XI retros do have full length air.
IMG_8909.png

They also switched to a softer Phylon starting with the cool gray.

Meh, pretty sure it's the softer phylon they randomly decided to put on some pairs and not others. My cool grays are noticeably softer than the rest of my modern XI retros. I didn't buy the Gratitudes but it sounds like they're the same or quite similar. Those tiny (in terms of thickness) non-Zoom air units don't do much in my opinion, at least not the versions Nike uses nowadays.
The 2021 Cool Greys and Gratitude def have the softest/spongiest midsoles out of the majority of 11's that released in the past few years. After comparing both I would say Gratitude's midsole is softer though.

never had the Cool Greys so I can't make that comparison. but in general, the XI's felt all the same with a meh cushioning. the Gratitudes definitely felt better but unfortunately, JB had to ruin that with a lame upper.

never had the Cool Greys so I can't make that comparison. but in general, the XI's felt all the same with a meh cushioning. the Gratitudes definitely felt better but unfortunately, JB had to ruin that with a lame upper.

Different recent colorways have different midsoles. No idea why. Cool grays are super soft. My Concords and black/reds are OK but definitely firmer. And then my black/red IE lows are like cement in comparison.

Anyone else's WL82s feel like bricks? That's the only pair of 11s I have that are uncomfortable with extended wear. Well, Cool Greys hurt my ankles for some reason, just like Timbs with suede collars.

Anyone else's WL82s feel like bricks? That's the only pair of 11s I have that are uncomfortable with extended wear. Well, Cool Greys hurt my ankles for some reason, just like Timbs with suede collars.
Basing from my own trial and others who had them, the WL iterations were bricks. Had teammates who only wore them one time before selling them off. They were unplayable like the 9s.

Basing from my own trial and others who had them, the WL iterations were bricks. Had teammates who only wore them one time before selling them off. They were unplayable like the 9s.
I wear them but they are fine with me as I mix them with the 11 cherry whenever I wear them

Back
Top Bottom