AIR JORDAN 11 “GRATITUDE” / THANK YOU - 12/09/2023

I'm good on these.

Good luck to you guys though.

I still have 2 1/2 packs from 2006 probably unwearable now though.

I just want the Gammas for XI's.

I think the Columbia XI's would have been better as these DMP 11's are just Concords with a gold Jumpman. Unless they release them as the samples with the Jumpman on the eyelets laceholder.

I didn’t know that people actually liked the Gamma’s until then end of last year when people started to guess which 11’s would be next. They stink imo, but to each their own. I’m in for two pairs of DMP’s. Missed out in 06, but I remember my cousin copping and me seeing them for the first time. A must.

Despite the hype The original DMP 11 was by far the worst quality Jordan 11 ever made so to get these In a better shape With better materials will be good for everyone
You’re nuts :lol:
The 2011 Concords were utter trash compared to the DMPs. Had both, wore both. Still have my DMPs. Literally threw my used 2011s in the trash once the 2018s landed. Never wanted to see them again. Sold my DS pair and laughed anyone would pay $500 for them.

By today’s standards, those releases back in the mid to late 00’s, early 2010’s were trash. The fire red 3’s from 06 were the flag bearer for crappy quality. The CDP 11s, although the patent cut sucked and the 23 rubbed off, I loved the shade of red used on the outsole, but they still stink—again by todays standards. The 2009 Space Yam 11s are another pair that had the silly patent cut but you’re lying through yo teeth if you didn’t think you was the ish when you got a pair of those, especially for retail.

In b4 TLDR/cool story bro : A lot of heads claim that that the Galaxy Foams was the drop that changed everything.....I'm like people really forget about that DMP drop , my story is I was not going thru that hell of camping out for these when I already saw dudes in sleeping bags inside the mall , called a mom and pop shop the owner tells me shell charge me $500 flat , I hop on the train get there, ask for them and then she wants to charge me tax on top of it (I had the bread and when you already paying $500 for some kicks what's an extra $40 but it was the principal of it all) walked out heated safe to say I missed out on the drop flash forward about 1 year later I meet this gentleman that lived at the building I worked at and he was a crazy in finance type sneaker head , he invited me to his crib and when I saw he had 2 DMP's packs DS ,I said you have to let one go, he loved them so much that he refused, every time I would see him I would heckle him to sell em to me. Couple of months in and my daughter is born , he's like I have a gift for you come to my apt...he says here , just give me retail....bruhhhh I ran so fast to the ATM had the soles of my kicks printed on the back of my head... suffix to say I ran those down to the ground Love the DMP's and will go for these after passing an all holiday releases for the past 5-6 years I think( last cop was Concord 45's)

I can’t believe I’m saying this … The gold JORDAN on the eyelets would possibly get me to consider buying a pair. I was super relieved the OG DMPs didn’t have it, but that’s when the shoe was a substitute for Concords. Having three pairs of Concords in my closet today, the letters might make these different enough to change my mind. I dunno. 🤷‍♂️🤣

spoonmanofthehour spoonmanofthehour dont forget to lock down my pair
1674351836752.gif

Stubby toe is on target with the OGs but that bacon strip patent and backwards jumpman is just weird.

It didn’t bother me that much. I’m also not a person that’s a stickler for close things are to the OG. I’ve got my preferences but most things don’t bother me

Stubby toe is on target with the OGs but that bacon strip patent and backwards jumpman is just weird.

It didn’t bother me that much. I’m also not a person that’s a stickler for close things are to the OG. I’ve got my preferences but most things don’t bother me

The thing about the original DMPs is, in my opinion (and I still have my pair), the fact they were proportional and had a good overall shape. I didn't really even realize for quite some time that the patent was actually as low as it was. But unlike the garbage 2011 Concords, the DMPs LOOKED right on feet. They looked right sitting on my shoe rack in my closet. The toe shape was excellent, too. Never expected to reach a day where people were now calling that version a trash retro.
The other garbage XI retros with the low patent ... it wasn't JUST the low patent that was wrong on them. The entire upper was scaled different and had a weird banana shape. That's why they look so jacked up, it's not simply a matter of them having lower-cut patent.

Last edited:
The thing about the original DMPs is, in my opinion (and I still have my pair), the fact they were proportional and had a good overall shape. I didn't really even realize for quite some time that the patent was actually as low as it was. But unlike the garbage 2011 Concords, the DMPs LOOKED right on feet. They looked right sitting on my shoe rack in my closet. The toe shape was excellent, too. Never expected to reach a day where people were now calling that version a trash retro.
The other garbage XI retros with the low patent ... it wasn't JUST the low patent that was wrong on them. The entire upper was scaled different and had a weird banana shape. That's why they look so jacked up, it's not simply a matter of them having lower-cut patent.

You hit the nail on the head! It was all about the the proportion of them on foot that pulled everything together. Silver anniversary 11s weren’t too bad either, they’re Half way between the DMPs and the modern 11 shape we are used too. 2008 CDP 11s weren’t terrible either. Ironically the 11 DMPs were better quality than both the CDPs and anniversary’s by a long shot
BC8FCFB3-6B2C-4789-B1E7-3C0FFAAF9E20.jpeg

DMPs from 2006 are not trash at all imo. I do think they are overrated though. I f they came with that same pl height now. I would not be interested. Todays XI shape with DMP colors are going to look pretty nice. Def interested if they come with the metallic gold jumpman or the flat color look to them. No letters though. Sole needs to be ICE, no blue or milk tint.

Fact of the matter is the DMP was a step down from the 1st gen. 11 retros, even though maybe not a bad as the 08-15 mids.

when this package drop it was a defining moment for me with sneaker buying...

up until this point when something good released I was able to go on Eastbay at 12AM EST and buy my shoes

didn't work out that way...January 28, 2006 that changed
Easy pass if they do.
since I whiffed online I ended up buying a pair off ebay that had the gold lettering and when I received them the gold had already bled onto the eyelets

I couldn't handle it and sold them

images

Are the lettering removable? Ive seen pics some with and some w/o
Likely are.

Some were released / sold before the recall due to the bleeding before drop and some were sold on release date regardless I believe.

Most pairs and the “official” release had no letters. That’s why you see some with and some without.

Back
Top Bottom