Air Jordan 11 Low IE OG black red

Ok, just making sure you’re still psyched for these. Your absence had me concerned.

🤣 I’m on some rare PTO time in northern Michigan. But I haven’t had much to say lately, as 2021 is turning out pretty low-key for me, as I expected. AMMs are the only thing I’ve gone HAM on this year. In for probably four pairs of these and that’s my year. Not even sure I’ll get cool greys. Probably will but won’t really care if not. Just want one pair, for once LOL

I knew JB wouldn't get the shape right.
AD54A9C0-6418-47C0-9097-2021.jpeg

I don't even care about the shape on these. I hope it's just terrible pics, but why the hell are they so shiny? It's so bad in those pics, it almost makes the nubuck panels clash with the leather. It's really, really weird to me.
This is one of the rare instances when we’re getting a first retro so long after the OG that the differences are far more glaring and obvious. We’ve ONLY seen these with proper full-grain leather and a slim toe for the last 25 years, so the the split-grain leather and bulbous toe are more apparent. Most Jordan retros are way off from the OG, but they’ve transitioned there, while these make one jump.

🤣 I’m on some rare PTO time in northern Michigan. But I haven’t had much to say lately, as 2021 is turning out pretty low-key for me, as I expected. AMMs are the only thing I’ve gone HAM on this year. In for probably four pairs of these and that’s my year. Not even sure I’ll get cool greys. Probably will but won’t really care if not. Just want one pair, for once LOL
You’ll get Cool Grey’s. Don’t be dumb. :lol:

This is one of the rare instances when we’re getting a first retro so long after the OG that the differences are far more glaring and obvious. We’ve ONLY seen these with proper full-grain leather and a slim toe for the last 25 years, so the the split-grain leather and bulbous toe are more apparent. Most Jordan retros are way off from the OG, but they’ve transitioned there, while these make one jump.

Often I’m one to bang on about how a retro is off from the OG, but in this case I’m not sure why anyone is surprised with the shape/materials. This might be one big jump for this specific colorway, but we’ve seen a billion “IE” retros over the years, including two almost-OG retros of this colorway. They’re all the same. I knew odds were extremely low Nike would bring these out with a suddenly new mold closer to the OG shape. Sucks, but I’m not disappointed because I assumed this was what was coming. I’m still just as hyped as ever to finally be able to have new pairs of these after 25 years.

Often I’m one to bang on about how a retro is off from the OG, but in this case I’m not sure why anyone is surprised with the shape/materials. This might be one big jump for this specific colorway, but we’ve seen a billion “IE” retros over the years, including two almost-OG retros of this colorway. They’re all the same. I knew odds were extremely low Nike would bring these out with a suddenly new mold closer to the OG shape. Sucks, but I’m not disappointed because I assumed this was what was coming. I’m still just as hyped as ever to finally be able to have new pairs of these after 25 years.
I think people are definitely expecting too much. I think from the photos the leather looks pretty decent, the shape looks good overall and the colors look good overall. Very few retros in JB history are near dead match. I think overall it looks like a solid retro and I have a feeling in hand will look even better.

I think people are definitely expecting too much. I think from the photos the leather looks pretty decent, the shape looks good overall and the colors look good overall. Very few retros in JB history are near dead match. I think overall it looks like a solid retro and I have a feeling in hand will look even better.

Yeah, I’m not too worried about how they look in the official photos with that weird shine. As da hen da hen said, it’s almost certainly the lighting/photoshop work. These will almost certainly still make me feel happy and geeked to have on my feet.

2003 pair…this one wasn’t even close…
847C8D87-17EF-4C4E-9B24-3BE3E4F34C3B.jpeg
D6C6AD40-23B9-47B5-B824-DC877D31B25C.jpeg
C3F732DE-BEB8-43EC-A492-088C2A73CFFE.jpeg
A723065D-C941-406B-A626-00D4EAA0EF44.jpeg
190307A9-9C07-45E3-B562-400D4FE73FDA.jpeg

hope the new pair isn’t as glossy as those pictures
Bonus pics
A488F3DE-04A2-4229-A9B4-CFE14ED69D5C.jpeg
F6A244DB-DD9E-439A-BF62-7B1702173F2A.jpeg

below, bottom and right is 2003 pair… other pair is 2015? I don’t even remember…same size though, 2015 pair looks longer and higher
273F1830-AF49-4A1C-87EB-2B21F1C41038.jpeg
6B0D81E6-9EEB-4547-8CBC-B4DB9F87ABC6.jpeg
E9583216-2074-4A60-8DD6-D18F458C8F4A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom