Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

You have Tinker contact information? I got a list of questions I need answers for :pimp:

Yes I have been in contact with Tinker, but I need you guys to understand the relationship we’re not best friends lol, I have asked him a few questions he’s a busy guy and told me he was traveling this week and really didn’t have time for a million questions I’m sure you
I dont know, I saw that they used cordura on the converse carhartts and it looked identical to me

Carhartt_x_Converse_One_Star_Ox_sneaker_politics_Ifinal_version10.jpg

maybe not

Since cordura is a brand name, in the xi description I don’t see them mentioning the actual name cordura they refer to the material as a ballistic mesh these days. As you can see on that shoe they used actual brand name cordura and it’s noted..this is not the same with the XIs which makes me feel like the XIs dont use brand name cordura but something very similar perhaps. Like I mentioned before maybe the first round of ogs were actual cordura because at the time there either may have not been a comparable material. Companies like Nike are know to reproduce materials just for their own use to cut costs.

As far as a list of questions for Tinker I respect the mans time and I’m sorry but I’m not going to ask him a million random questions sorry guys ..the mesh question seemed like a good one to ask and the topic has come up before and I felt as a community we needed an answer so I asked him..as far as what color socks he’s wearing or how many packets of surgar he likes in his coffee I’m not gonna bug him with all that. As debates come up or questions that we really can’t figure out ourselves I may decide to ask. But he’s Tinker Hatfield and I’m lucky as hell in my eyes for home to communicate with me so I’m not going to ruin that lol ..I may need more shoes signed lol

Yes I have been in contact with Tinker, but I need you guys to understand the relationship we’re not best friends lol, I have asked him a few questions he’s a busy guy and told me he was traveling this week and really didn’t have time for a million questions I’m sure you

Since cordura is a brand name, in the xi description I don’t see them mentioning the actual name cordura they refer to the material as a ballistic mesh these days. As you can see on that shoe they used actual brand name cordura and it’s noted..this is not the same with the XIs which makes me feel like the XIs dont use brand name cordura but something very similar perhaps. Like I mentioned before maybe the first round of ogs were actual cordura because at the time there either may have not been a comparable material. Companies like Nike are know to reproduce materials just for their own use to cut costs.

As far as a list of questions for Tinker I respect the mans time and I’m sorry but I’m not going to ask him a million random questions sorry guys ..the mesh question seemed like a good one to ask and the topic has come up before and I felt as a community we needed an answer so I asked him..as far as what color socks he’s wearing or how many packets of surgar he likes in his coffee I’m not gonna bug him with all that. As debates come up or questions that we really can’t figure out ourselves I may decide to ask. But he’s Tinker Hatfield and I’m lucky as hell in my eyes for home to communicate with me so I’m not going to ruin that lol ..I may need more shoes signed lol

Atleast ask him why we cant have the fat airbag back on the 93s....

Thats something only he could have the answer to

as far as soles and mid soles these are made with actual molds and Nike produces these in their rubber and plastic factory the process used is called injection molding and extrusion molding along with the air units after Nike makes them they are shipped to the factories making the shoes to be used in the manufacture process of the actual shoes

Atleast ask him why we cant have the fat airbag back on the 93s....

Thats something only he could have the answer to
like he said he probably won’t unless it’s really necessary and if that’s the case you might as well ask why doesn’t any air max 93 through air max deluxe doesn’t have fat air bags not just the 93s

as far as soles and mid soles these are made with actual molds and Nike produces these in their rubber and plastic factory the process used is called injection molding and extrusion molding along with the air units after Nike makes them they are shipped to the factories making the shoes to be used in the manufacture process of the actual shoes
hqdefault.jpg

lol

I know all that, but they shrank the air bag considerably from what they used to be and i want to know why.

like he said he probably won’t unless it’s really necessary and if that’s the case you might as well ask why doesn’t any air max 93 through air max deluxe doesn’t have fat air bags not just the 93s
its a universal question that would be an answer for all models with a tinier bag

the guy designed the thing to be a certain way and they bastardized his design over the years...he might appreciate the concern i dont know

That's where youre wrong.

RIP Steve Jobs

Off topic but Steve Jobs would have never let them release the iPhone Xs/XsMax without any real changes besides being a little faster. I’m completely skipping this generation

Last edited:
Anyone with fabric design and manufacturing experience knows that different dye systems and light conditions can affect secondary color flares. Red flare on Reactive dyed black fabric is very common, especially under a fluorescent light source. If they used a Vat dye system, then it would flare green. Tinker would surely know this...

So, intentional or not, it’d be nice to see it again. It’ll definitely help distinguish it from other retros and even the 2016 sample

I'm in for sure. My pair from a few years ago on a random finish line restock is about 1/2 size too small and are squeaking terribly

So, intentional or not, it’d be nice to see it again. It’ll definitely help distinguish it from other retros and even the 2016 sample
As long as it’s not OD I wouldn’t mind that feature coming back intentional or not. tell jb we want a og feature and they OD on it

Off topic buy Steve Jobs would have never let them release the iPhone Xs/XsMax without any real changes besides being a little faster. I’m completely skipping this generation
And Tinker Hatfield wouldnt let them release the air max 93 with that pathetic air bag. Could you imagine how these shoes would look now if he got the reigns 2 or 3 years ago?

Well, we know theres a chance that NT couldve had a part in making sure its back on there by the time christmas '19 rolls around. If Tinker was unaware before, its certainly on his mind now. Theres a chance he makes a call. A small one, obviously, but you never know and theres still time. We put this bug right into The Man's ear. Which is kind of crazy to think about as far as reach goes.

If its back on there Id cop just for this thread/exchange's impact alone.

Quite simply my all time fav shoe. I’m guessing these will have the og high patent leather cut, but the white lining on the edge and bright red soles are what’s key. They. Better. Not. Mess. These. Up.

Well, we know theres a chance that NT couldve had a part in making sure its back on there by the time christmas '19 rolls around. If Tinker was unaware before, its certainly on his mind now. Theres a chance he makes a call. A small one, obviously, but you never know and theres still time. We put this bug right into The Man's ear. Which is kind of crazy to think about as far as reach goes.

If its back on there Id cop just for this thread/exchange's impact alone.

He’s definitely aware of it now, he was even kinda surprised we wanted to know about a detail like this I explained to him a lot of us are more die hard about details than most would think

That won’t be a problem for me. It’ll be the last 11 i buy until the jams come back. Unless the Cool Grey looks too good. 11s aren’t as big a necessity for me as others. Last one I bought was 2010. $250 or $240 is ridiculous.

Bro you already know the next cg's gonna be done the right way. The last ones were Garbo.

I really can't see, besides money, how they can do more space jams. They were as perfect as possible last time, with the anniversary and boxing and commercials. Maybe when the 2nd movie drops. But honestly, they need to vault jams for a while.

Bro you already know the next cg's gonna be done the right way. The last ones were Garbo.

I really can't see, besides money, how they can do more space jams. They were as perfect as possible last time, with the anniversary and boxing and commercials. Maybe when the 2nd movie drops. But honestly, they need to vault jams for a while.
Every 11 is vaulted in a way. There’s no need to officially do so.

He’s definitely aware of it now, he was even kinda surprised we wanted to know about a detail like this I explained to him a lot of us are more die hard about details than most would think
right the f on dude! Thanks so much for letting him know that! That's awesome. :smile:

for some reason this means as much to me as winning concords today

Back
Top Bottom