Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

Dont know 100% if its how they sat the heel or the actual patent cut. Going off experience working on the Kobes my first attempt at setting the heel went bunk and can be seen whenever the heel cup and back panel doesnt come together in a nice swoop which produced this lower looking heel cup misaligned look that can be seen on plenty of Vs. Just a guess however, only way to know for sure is to detach the heel and compare cut lines.
Oh I see that makes perfect sense now. Because I was thinking how in the hell do they not make the same size cut with machines but maybe they do and it’s just how it’s put together. One of the things I look for when buying 11s is the heel areas looking as identical as possible. It’s really disappointing how many pairs I’ve seen that don’t come close at all. It’s a shame how many pairs I’ve passed on because of it. It’s ironic that the stockX pair I couldn’t see at all and they came in perfect lol

Oh I see that makes perfect sense now. Because I was thinking how in the hell do they not make the same size cut with machines but maybe they do and it’s just how it’s put together. One of the things I look for when buying 11s is the heel areas looking as identical as possible. It’s really disappointing how many pairs I’ve seen that don’t come close at all. It’s a shame how many pairs I’ve passed on because of it. It’s ironic that the stockX pair I couldn’t see at all and they came in perfect lol
Goes back to what you mentioned some time ago about how some UAs are looking spot on. Comes down to QC and when you have some of these shops who prep pairs as ordered they put more TLC into it so that the quality matches if not supersedes that of the mass produced product in order to move more units. For me my first attempt was a bit rushed producing the uneven look where as when i took additional time and stretched out the gluing process now the cup sits nice and flush. Ill share a comparative shot once i get back in later.
Take for instance the pair i got from Footaction actually looked better than the ones i got off the SNKRS drop. You could imagine depending on workloads/production dates some workers were rushed where as others had time afforded to really push out an even flush product. Crazy how much more we know about these things now than back in the day, guess we can thank forums like this and good ol internet expansion for that lol.

I copped both SLAM editions of the 11's a while ago (I'm a completionist :lol:). I copped 4 pairs each of both shoes. I was very satisfied on how they came out for both releases.
20200821_193215.jpg

I copped both SLAM editions of the 11's a while ago (I'm a completionist :lol:). I copped 4 pairs each of both shoes. I was very satisfied on how they came out for both releases.
20200821_193215.jpg
You the MVP for that!! They did a damn good job on the magazine right? Beautiful photography and well written articles, definite must have for completionist indeed 👊🏼👊🏼

Do y’all really recommend going up in these?

Last Jordans I bought were “Flu” game 12’s in 2016.
But that JB big biting me again, I’m now looking for Concord and Black/Red 11’s. Maybe FR 5’s.
Heck im considering Space Jams too! Ugh these prices smh

but anyways, I’m a Nike TTS 11.5 average feet. Should I go 11.5 or 12 then? Protro Kobe’s I’ve been going 11.5, and they’re perfectly snug fit.

Last edited:

But that JB big biting me again, I’m now looking for Concord and Black/Red 11’s. Maybe FR 5’s.

but anyways, I’m a Nike TTS 11.5 average feet. Should I go 11.5 or 12 then? Protro Kobe’s I’ve been going 11.5, and they’re perfectly snug fit.

TTS for all of those.

Everyone's foot is different but I'd definitely go up a half a size just to be safe.

Something a little different .....

I picked up some Jordan’s from Goodwill a few weeks ago and just now got to washing them. These are the 2001 black/red retros that had a ridiculous amount of dog **** and cat hair on the soles. The owner donated them instead of cleaning them I guess. I had the manager give me a discount because of that and paid only $10.
95FDC989-489B-49E7-BF87-1458D63E732B.jpeg

After the wash and dry
90D4CEF1-3F6F-4292-9B5D-4EAC27C99C91.jpeg

I paid $20 for the 2001 snakeskin pair because they weren’t crapped on. The only thing missing are the laces which I’ll be picking up from ebay. I’m considering doing a sole swap from some icey blue Jordan Future’s
1678210F-98D7-4EF0-922F-FB00CCC517E5.jpeg

Something a little different .....

I picked up some Jordan’s from Goodwill a few weeks ago and just now got to washing them. These are the 2001 black/red retros that had a ridiculous amount of dog **** and cat hair on the soles. The owner donated them instead of cleaning them I guess. I had the manager give me a discount because of that and paid only $10.
95FDC989-489B-49E7-BF87-1458D63E732B.jpeg

After the wash and dry
90D4CEF1-3F6F-4292-9B5D-4EAC27C99C91.jpeg

I paid $20 for the 2001 snakeskin pair because they weren’t crapped on. The only thing missing are the laces which I’ll be picking up from ebay. I’m considering doing a sole swap from some icey blue Jordan Future’s
1678210F-98D7-4EF0-922F-FB00CCC517E5.jpeg

Dont use just the sole of the Jordan futures I tried that with my space jams from 2000 and the out sole of the futures are too small to wrap up the midsole! If you do swap make sure to use the futures midsole and outsole together with the snakeskin upper.

Back
Top Bottom