Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

Interesting prototype never saw it on foot before.

CC4132CA-8CB3-405F-9AFD-3878AA2DA155.png
Looks photo shopped. Never seen this. The shoes he wore in 95 were normal.

Ndstruct feel to em.

Fits the time period, love seeing all the small design details that get used throughout the in line models each year. It's like dating fossils loll "these have plastic wings on them so they must be around '89-90" loll

The prototypes remind me of the Nike Ndestrukt's. Probably gave that model to nike to make a poor man's version of the XI's. Nevertheless, the nIke Ndestrukts White/blue patent leather were dope.

When I see all these one off prototype/PE shoes I always wonder where they ended up and who has em now.
Probably either in the attic/basement of a family friend or at Nike WHQ.

loll speaking of prototypes and seeing your avatar I gotta say my favorite proto of all time was the XXI. The prototype design is definitely not for everyone but they looked something straight out of Akira to me.

0292D2E3-6807-4C49-BDA3-E40796296A75.jpeg 2CAA265B-6A3E-4B65-B6D6-6DBA92836944.jpeg
The XX2 sample stands out to me when I think of “dumbed down” release versions.

086024B8-D175-4C68-A350-446E241D893C.jpeg

Ndstruct feel to em.

The prototypes remind me of the Nike Ndestrukt's. Probably gave that model to nike to make a poor man's version of the XI's. Nevertheless, the nIke Ndestrukts White/blue patent leather were dope.

Speaking of the Ndestrukt's, they remind me even more of the Nike Zoom Sharkley's from 2009. They were basically an N'destrukt/CB 94 fusion. Here's a couple pics if y'all don't remember.

sharks.jpg

4462423103_dcc1e11f17.jpg

I still own the black, blue and white ones. It's the ONLY pair I bought, and actually liked. All of Cincy had them too.

:lol:

GS got all the nice colorways.

:rolleyes

They were on Nike ID for a minute, too. I STILL regret not designing a few pairs. I wanted to make a black & orange Bengals colorway badly.

Speaking of the Ndestrukt's, they remind me even more of the Nike Zoom Sharkley's from 2009. They were basically an N'destrukt/CB 94 fusion. Here's a couple pics if y'all don't remember.

sharks.jpg

4462423103_dcc1e11f17.jpg

I still own the black, blue and white ones. It's the ONLY pair I bought, and actually liked. All of Cincy had them too.

:lol:

GS got all the nice colorways.

:rolleyes

They were on Nike ID for a minute, too. I STILL regret not designing a few pairs. I wanted to make a black & orange Bengals colorway badly.

Sharkley's were actually really good hooping shoes. Great lockdown feel and nice responsive zoom.

Probably either in the attic/basement of a family friend or at Nike WHQ.

The XX2 sample stands out to me when I think of “dumbed down” release versions.

086024B8-D175-4C68-A350-446E241D893C.jpeg
Wow that 22 sample is pretty sweet i’d take those over the release 22s I think. I never liked the 22s back in the day but now looking back the white and black colorways are both decent. I’d buy a retro of either.

I’m going to stick with one pair. At this point in my life I’ve got way too many shoes to justify having 3 pairs of the same shoe. That one pair will last me many years.

I get this. Always thought I would buy as many as I could but after a while, stuff adds up. Hard to wear everything I want to, like I want to. I will go for two for sure. One pair to put in a display, the other to wear obviously.
Yeah, two pairs of these and I'm good. Unlike the concords, the soles obviously don't yellow. And the black uppers are easy to keep clean and looking good. I could probably make just one pair last for years and years. I can wear whatever shoes I want in my office, but stick mostly to Huaraches and Air Maxes as I tend not to like how most of my Jordans look with the pants I wear to work. Going to get two pairs mostly just because. Plus you never know, it's unlikely but I could manage to mess up the first pair accidentally :lol:

Back
Top Bottom