Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

The tariff is there to force china to make a move with the trade deal, it isnt forever. When a deal is struck then the tariff is over. Relax

At the end of the day this is going to benefit us. Just be a little patient. Might end up actually saving us money on chinese goods. Or itll force Nike to bring it all back home and leave china in the past

Imagine framing an unnecessary trade war that we’re inevitably going to lose and will cost US families at least 33 billion as something that will “benefit us”.

Imagine framing an unnecessary trade war that we’re inevitably going to lose and will cost US families at least 33 billion as something that will “benefit us”.
explain how itll cost us families 33 b...

and how isnt it necessary?

explain how itll cost us families 33 b...

and how isnt it necessary?

Straight from the New York Times article “How Much Will the Trade War Cost You By the End of the Year”? which was published September 1st, 2019 (yesterday): “Other estimates, which did not include the upcoming tariffs, ranged from $400 to $1,000 per household annually.” https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/business/economy/trade-war-costs.html

There are roughly 83 million households. 83M x 400 = 33 billion.

So not only is 33 billion the absolute minimum, it doesn’t even include the cost of the latest tariffs.

It’s unnecessary because it could’ve been wholly avoided by negotiating through the World Trade Organization. Furthermore, 45 has already screwed over the middle class by passing the tax cut bill, which only stood to benefit the wealthy while squeezing the middle class. So shrinking tax breaks for the middle class + upping prices for the things they buy = the economy over they last 2 months which is showing early markers of an oncoming recession.

Not to mention the astronomical increase in the national debt that 45 and literally every other Republican “cared” so deeply about while President Obama was in office.

The tariff is there to force china to make a move with the trade deal, it isnt forever. When a deal is struck then the tariff is over. Relax

At the end of the day this is going to benefit us. Just be a little patient. Might end up actually saving us money on chinese goods. Or itll force Nike to bring it all back home and leave china in the past

nah it won't it really won't :lol:

Straight from the New York Times article “How Much Will the Trade War Cost You By the End of the Year”? which was published September 1st, 2019 (yesterday): “Other estimates, which did not include the upcoming tariffs, ranged from $400 to $1,000 per household annually.” https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/business/economy/trade-war-costs.html

There are roughly 83 million households. 83M x 400 = 33 billion.

So not only is 33 billion the absolute minimum, it doesn’t even include the cost of the latest tariffs.

It’s unnecessary because it could’ve been wholly avoided by negotiating through the World Trade Organization. Furthermore, 45 has already screwed over the middle class by passing the tax cut bill, which only stood to benefit the wealthy while squeezing the middle class. So shrinking tax breaks for the middle class + upping prices for the things they buy = the economy over they last 2 months which is showing early markers of an oncoming recession.

Not to mention the astronomical increase in the national debt that 45 and literally every other Republican “cared” so deeply about while President Obama was in office.

very well said actually

You never answered the how part of my question...

You just seemed to elaborate on the original claim.

And how does the tax cut bill put a ‘squeeze’ on the middle class?

Genuine questions.

What ‘things’ are we talking about here that qualify for these upped prices? Essential goods or more plastic superficial chinese trash we shouldnt really be buying in the first place?

You seem to think people buying these Chinese goods have a gun to their heads. What if.... they simply stop buying chinese products? Do your numbers still hold up?

Tax cut didn't give any money to the middle class that was already being squeezed by the lax regulatory laws that he has been passing and removing Obama consumer protections as well. the tax cut was a scam and the fact people couldn't write off as much stuff as they could before hurt homeowners and others. lots of people were shocked to see their tax bill go up. most if not all of them people were middle class.

we on a sneaker site and no one should have gall to tell folks you shouldn't be buying Chinese stuff. the damn Jordan come from china my guy. also its really really hard to buy things not made in China like the phone or computer ur using to interact on here prob was made in china. its a global production market your not going to bully ur way and change it. 45 ain't smarter or bolder than any other prez in fact its the opposite he just doing low level bully tactics. which on global scale don't work

Pretty sure the astronomical increase in the natl debt was during the obama admin so im not sure what youre getting at here.[/QUOTE]

repub use the debt to rally their base no one really cares. if they did they would decrease military spending and other things. they don't they just us it as a reason to attack a group of people usually thouse who are in need of assistance aka the poor. mean while keep giving out tax cuts that cut revenue with one hand and cut social programs with the other. i mean look at the cost of education like thats stupid

oh and 45 is on pace to blow oboma spending away if he gets re elected. that and he golfs to much but blames Obama for golfing, which i always and will always think is funny

ok im done its getting to political but seriously guys. nike and other companies are sending letters about this they wouldn't do that if it did hurt their bottom line and they will pass the cost to consumers. they always do. most shoes are already mad for this year. the holiday 11's aren't completely done. so i guess they nervous about that.

You never answered the how part of my question...

You just seemed to elaborate on the original claim.

And how does the tax cut bill put a ‘squeeze’ on the middle class?

Genuine questions.

What ‘things’ are we talking about here that qualify for these upped prices? Essential goods or more plastic superficial chinese trash we shouldnt really be buying in the first place?

You seem to think people buying these chinese goods have a gun to their heads. What if.... they simply stop buying chinese products? Do your numbers still hold up?

I assumed you knew how the tariffs you’re defending worked. Silly me, but I guess that’s no different from the majority of people supporting anything 45 spews out his mouth.. or tweets.

Anyway, let me make it clear to you: Tariffs up prices on Chinese imported goods. It’s supposed to make US citizens stop buying Chinese made stuff to hurt their economy, because they’ll cost more. The problem is that US manufactures make a lot of stuff in China, with Apple’s iPhone being a major example. Apple fortunately has stated that they will eat the cost of the tariffs - for now. But that could easily change. Hope you like an extra $100 on the iPhone 12 should the tariffs continue!

That’s how it hurts US households, they end up paying the difference in what the tariffs are causing. The hope is that our economy is strong enough to withstand that while the tariffs are in effect.

The problem with that though, is 45’s middle class tax scam in the form of the aforementioned tax bill.

I don’t feel like typing all of that out, so you can check out why it was bad for the middle class here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnwa...s-middle-class-retired-and-poor/#6493c2c16c1e

There are a ton of different sites that have all come to the same conclusion that the tax cuts have benefited the wealthy while hurting the middle class. Even anecdotally tax returns were much smaller this year than in past years.

You might wanna read up on the type of things you’re supporting, maybe take some time reading trusted sources about our government and the polices 45’s enacting, that way you don’t have to be educated in a Jordan 11 thread on a sneaker forum.

I assumed you knew how the tariffs you’re defending worked. Silly me, but I guess that’s no different from the majority of people supporting anything 45 spews out his mouth.. or tweets.

Anyway, let me make it clear to you: Tariffs up prices on Chinese imported goods. It’s supposed to make US citizens stop buying Chinese made stuff to hurt their economy, because they’ll cost more. The problem is that US manufactures make a lot of stuff in China, with Apple’s iPhone being a major example. Apple fortunately has stated that they will eat the cost of the tariffs - for now. But that could easily change. Hope you like an extra $100 on the iPhone 12 should the tariffs continue!

That’s how it hurts US households, they end up paying the difference in what the tariffs are causing. The hope is that our economy is strong enough to withstand that while the tariffs are in effect.

The problem with that though, is 45’s middle class tax scam in the form of the aforementioned tax bill.

I don’t feel like typing all of that out, so you can check out why it was bad for the middle class here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnwa...s-middle-class-retired-and-poor/#6493c2c16c1e

There are a ton of different sites that have all come to the same conclusion that the tax cuts have benefited the wealthy while hurting the middle class. Even anecdotally tax returns were much smaller this year than in past years.

You might wanna read up on the type of things you’re supporting, maybe take some time reading trusted sources about our government and the polices 45’s enacting, that way you don’t have to be educated in a Jordan 11 thread on a sneaker forum.
In the case of sneakers (and certainly various other products), the manufacturers face the issue of, will the majority of consumers absorb the additional costs? I have a hard time seeing Nike raising prices much on shoes that are $220 as is. Maybe it would work on OG 11 retros, but just a couple years ago it raised the price on a lot of hoops shoes and they sat. The next year, prices came down. There’s a ceiling on what most people will pay for sneakers.

And yeah, the new tax laws definitely affect the middle class. I and many people I know hadn’t owed tax to the IRS in years. This tax season? We all had to write checks, though NOTHING had changed on our ends. Some of those checks were for damn near $10K ...

I get on here to get away from thinking about conversations like these. Deal with that enough on a day to day. I am buying because I like em, need em. The price for today is what it is. Everybody has a choice to turn the other way. 2 cents.

Big facts! #agreed

I get on here to get away from thinking about conversations like these. Deal with that enough on a day to day. I am buying because I like em, need em. The price for today is what it is. Everybody has a choice to turn the other way. 2 cents.
For sure brotha. Personally my main point was, I don’t see tariffs affecting the price of sneakers much. Probably not at all.

with the way nike has structured their business its going to become increasingly part of the discussion. We're at a breaking point and somethings going to change soon good or bad for us or them

theres not much to talk about regarding the 11s right now, might as well fill in the gap

In the case of sneakers (and certainly various other products), the manufacturers face the issue of, will the majority of consumers absorb the additional costs? I have a hard time seeing Nike raising prices much on shoes that are $220 as is. Maybe it would work on OG 11 retros, but just a couple years ago it raised the price on a lot of hoops shoes and they sat. The next year, prices came down. There’s a ceiling on what most people will pay for sneakers.

And yeah, the new tax laws definitely affect the middle class. I and many people I know hadn’t owed tax to the IRS in years. This tax season? We all had to write checks, though NOTHING had changed on our ends. Some of those checks were for damn near $10K ...
unfortunately for nike they decided to find out the maximum retail price they could get away with and promptly stick it to the consumer before all of this china tax reform, before they ever saw it coming. Now they have no room to move. Ill bet a bag of donuts that this wont affect the consumer. If they try to put it on us theyre going to have a rude awakening. The only small amount of people like us that might put up with it are already sitting on a lifetimes worth of sneakers as it is. Which is why I believe the people running these companies and the media are trying to scare us into helping their greedy aces out. And its that relentless disrespect and manipulation that angers me.

Last edited:
6234E924-1379-4F7A-A542-BFD9BD424D60.png

Back
Top Bottom