Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

Yeah I can already tell the game is about to get real stupid in 2020 and beyond. May be a perfect time for me to taper off on this hobby a bit (enjoy what I already have) so that I don’t feel the need to even care what they do. From everything I hear and read all is see is people/companies trying their best to make it harder for me to get shoes :smh:. As if it isn’t already a pain :rolleyes.

Last edited:
Thinking out loud here. But if they stop letting these independent shops selling Js and only focus on the Bigs like FTL, Champs, Eastbay, FNL, etc. Wouldnt they be an easier grab through them? Genuine question here.

Thinking out loud here. But if they stop letting these independent shops selling Js and only focus on the Bigs like FTL, Champs, Eastbay, FNL, etc. Wouldnt they be an easier grab through them? Genuine question here.

I mean these small shops surely aren't getting that much allocations right?

This will cause a lot of mom & pops to shut down.

Assuming the production numbers are the same yes, it would be fewer stores, but more stock at each store. I’m surprised Nike hasn’t utilized their factory stores more for launch product to increase DTC sales.

Assuming the production numbers are the same yes, it would be fewer stores, but more stock at each store. I’m surprised Nike hasn’t utilized their factory stores more for launch product to increase DTC sales.
My thought exactly. They haven't said anything about cutting production numbers, just streamlining the distribution network. I don't see this making it any harder to get shoes. Nike is pushing hard to increase revenue, it's not cutting ****. Black/red 11s are going to be the biggest release of all time in terms of numbers. I haven't bought a pair of shoes from an independent shop basically ever. And the past three or four years have been nothing but easy to cop with minimal effort on my part. This is a non-event in my opinion. If it turns out I'm wrong, I'll be happy to say so.

Funny you posted this today dhtowng dhtowng because I was thinking about this probably like a day or so ago. For one, there is just too much to a point where I can't continue to keep up and they apparently love making it impossible to get certain kicks. The plus to this has been that most OG's have the opposite effect.

Being able to grab a lot of OG's will make it easier to taper off too or be extremely selective. They're taking some of the fun out of this when releases become frustrating over and over again. You know its bad when dudes are 1. tired of doing raffles 2. they don't want to do them because the overwhelming loss ratio is weighing folks down mentally/emotionally. :smh:

They even got the lil white part at the top of the patent leather

161t2o.gif

We don't even have any mom and pops where I live. The one we had get their JB deal pulled for selling before RD about 15 years ago after someone who missed out snitched.

Funny you posted this today dhtowng dhtowng because I was thinking about this probably like a day or so ago. For one, there is just too much to a point where I can't continue to keep up and they apparently love making it impossible to get certain kicks. The plus to this has been that most OG's have the opposite effect.

Being able to grab a lot of OG's will make it easier to taper off too or be extremely selective. They're taking some of the fun out of this when releases become frustrating over and over again. You know its bad when dudes are 1. tired of doing raffles 2. they don't want to do them because the overwhelming loss ratio is weighing folks down mentally/emotionally. :smh:

I’ve been only copping OG CW’s for years now and it’s great. I don’t care about any of these new CW’s or theses over rated collabs, all I want are what Mike wore. And for the most part OG’s have been easy to grab.

getting weighed down emotionally and mentally
cause u cant get a pair of shoes
is so trash
some of yall need to get yall priorities straight

What if you get pissed about missing a shoe and your priorities ARE ALREADY straight. Is that OK?:D
its just a shoe???
why would u be emotionally and mentally weighed down
cause u missed out
not saying u cant be "all man, damn i missed out"
but being an emotional wreck
and it messing up ur mental state is just nuts :lol:

its just a shoe???
why would u be emotionally and mentally weighed down
cause u missed out
not saying u cant be "all man, damn i missed out"
but being an emotional wreck
and it messing up ur mental state is just nuts :lol:
I dont think he was getting that deep with his quote.

Back
Top Bottom