Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

If a shoe that drops a million pairs drops every year and still sells out in a day or two, it’s a hype shoe. No other shoe does that.

11s are hype and popular(many have them). What other shoe is like that?

If a shoe that drops a million pairs drops every year and still sells out in a day or two, it’s a hype shoe. No other shoe does that.

I don't care, I just want my pair and for people who actually want to wear these to secure a pair. Nothing more, nothing less.

No other shoe. No matter what color they realease they will sell.

Chuck Taylors are timeless. They seem to survive after all these years. Are the XI comparable? Or is it the 1. Or maybe the 3. What is the Jordan version of the Chuck in your opinion. What J will last in popularity no matter what?

IMO. The Concord XI is that shoe.

Last edited:
The reason I ask this is, with a convo with my daughter, I asked her if she likes ALL her chucks. She said, Idk. I then said, why did you want all of them? The response was they were popular. To me, this is uncanny. Why would you ever want something you really dont like but get/want anyway? Just because everyone else has it? That to me is nuts. Even as a kid, I wanted because I wanted it. Not because someone else did. For her to casually say she wanted those pair of shoes because everyone else wants them was mind blowing for me personally.
I get hype, but at the end of the day, If I dont like them. I would never ask for them. Is that really how today is? Just wanting because everyone else does?
When I was in Middle and High School, I wore and got what "I" liked. Didnt give af what others thought about it. Im asking out loud as a father trying to understand this sh--. lol.

Teenage girls are ALL about what other girls wear. 2 years ago every girl had to have a pair of adidas Superstars. Now every girl has to have a pair of AF1s.

Last week I've seen two Caucasian females wearing Jordan 1s and Air More Uptempos

The reason I ask this is, with a convo with my daughter, I asked her if she likes ALL her chucks. She said, Idk. I then said, why did you want all of them? The response was they were popular. To me, this is uncanny. Why would you ever want something you really dont like but get/want anyway? Just because everyone else has it? That to me is nuts. Even as a kid, I wanted because I wanted it. Not because someone else did. For her to casually say she wanted those pair of shoes because everyone else wants them was mind blowing for me personally.
I get hype, but at the end of the day, If I dont like them. I would never ask for them. Is that really how today is? Just wanting because everyone else does?
When I was in Middle and High School, I wore and got what "I" liked. Didnt give af what others thought about it. Im asking out loud as a father trying to understand this sh--. lol.

Hmmmm. Is that really surprising, J? I remember when crap like Girbaud jeans and Triple Fat Goose were the rage in my school. (Age check LOL) I didn't actually think any of that was important or looked that good but I'd be lying if I said I didn't ever feel inferior not having those brands on my body. Just because being a kid puts you in a daily competition to at least a little degree of being "cool." Shoes are, to almost everyone except shoe geeks, the same as jeans, shirts, jackets, whatever. Doesn't surprise me in the least. If I'm totally honest, my interest in shoes started when I started at a new school in 8th grade and everyone was into basketball and Jordans and Nikes. When I got my first pair, the fire red 4s in '89, it was as much about the "in thing" and trying to fit in as it was about me independently just loving that shoe. I could sit here almost 30 years later and say it was total BS, except the flip side is, I started playing ball on the team and getting immersed into the culture, and it turned out I loved it. And here I am at 40 still into it. Kids get exposed to a ton of things and fads; some of them stick and some don't . But I totally get your daughter (or if it was your son or any other kid or gender) wanting stuff because it's the "in thing" in her daily environment. Not saying it's good or bad. It just ... is.

because i have no need for the pair now that the new ones are coming out and i dont know how long til they start falling apart

Ah, you’re selling yours ok. I thought you were trying to buy one. I misunderstood.

Hmmmm. Is that really surprising, J? I remember when crap like Girbaud jeans and Triple Fat Goose were the rage in my school. (Age check LOL) I didn't actually think any of that was important or looked that good but I'd be lying if I said I didn't ever feel inferior not having those brands on my body. Just because being a kid puts you in a daily competition to at least a little degree of being "cool." Shoes are, to almost everyone except shoe geeks, the same as jeans, shirts, jackets, whatever. Doesn't surprise me in the least. If I'm totally honest, my interest in shoes started when I started at a new school in 8th grade and everyone was into basketball and Jordans and Nikes. When I got my first pair, the fire red 4s in '89, it was as much about the "in thing" and trying to fit in as it was about me independently just loving that shoe. I could sit here almost 30 years later and say it was total BS, except the flip side is, I started playing ball on the team and getting immersed into the culture, and it turned out I loved it. And here I am at 40 still into it. Kids get exposed to a ton of things and fads; some of them stick and some don't . But I totally get your daughter (or if it was your son or any other kid or gender) wanting stuff because it's the "in thing" in her daily environment. Not saying it's good or bad. It just ... is.

peer pressure is poweful!

sorry, i am just commenting on the "in thing" only, not about you getting into basketball, that bit was cool!

The most popular jordan will most likely be the 1. With the amount of high OG, highs, lows, and mids released every year, those will outlive the others. Can’t be the Concord since that’s one colorway of a model. Chucks are cheap that’s why everyone has them. 1s(inclusive of all variations) have been pretty available since 2007 and are typically the cheapest Jordan retro in store. Jordan brand has kept the 1 as the flagship model for over a decade

No it really isnt surprising that much when I really thought about it. My girl is a follower to an extent and it annoys me a little. My son is the opposite and beats to his own tune and dont care at all lol. In Middle school, everyone was into Cons and Barkelys. In high school everyone had Pennys and Foams. I never had that feeling of wanting something I just "kinda liked" just because everyone else had em. My quote last night was kind of a rant.

Back
Top Bottom