Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

I try to avoid talking to all sneaker store associates lol. I used to work at NTNY, but a lot of us knew our stuff, other stores...not so much. I generally just walk into a store to actually feel a shoe in hand. I get tired of picture shopping online. Whenever they ask me if I need help I just hit em with the "no thanks, I'm good" real quick.

Yeah I got mad employee stories :lol:

There’s nothing wrong with being a noob. Nothing at all. But know your **** or shut your mouth.
This can be said about anything in life. Probably the reason I don't like most people.
Too many people talk about things that they saw 2 days ago and read a social media blip about.
Then they go on acting like they went to a 4 year school on the matter.
The best is when you know they're full of it and just let them carry on while laughing deeply inside.

This can be said about anything in life. Probably the reason I don't like most people.
Too many people talk about things that they saw 2 days ago and read a social media blip about.
Then they go on acting like they went to a 4 year school on the matter.
The best is when you know they're full of it and just let them carry on while laughing deeply inside.
I hate laughing and bottling it deeply inside. I let them know it.

As somebody who works, (and manages) the industry, I honestly could give a **** whether the employee knows what shoe is dropping December 8th, what Mike wore in the 88 All Star Game, or how many pairs they have in their closet. I've always been taught dudes like that are the last ones you wanna hire. I care more about customer service and knowing what Asics shoe to suggest an old lady for her early morning walks.

You sound one of the last ones I wanna work for.

Knowing info and back stories is great but if you don't know the tech in the shoes or what is better for people to wear in certain situations or certain foot problems than you're near worthless as an employee at a shoe store for the company like Asics new balance nike Adidas etc. Foot stores Idk what they teach but they seem to care more about "street knowledge"

Knowing info and back stories is great but if you don't know the tech in the shoes or what is better for people to wear in certain situations or certain foot problems than you're near worthless as an employee at a shoe store for the company like Asics new balance nike Adidas etc. Foot stores Idk what they teach but they seem to care more about "street knowledge"
Any shoe store, (Foot Locker, Champs, FNL, etc.) are supposed to be taught customer service and tech knowledge come first above all else. If you walk into a store and all the associate knows is what Ye wore, that is on the manager.

I hate laughing and bottling it deeply inside. I let them know it.
I play poker for a living, so I think it has just become more natural over the years.
When I was much younger, I would have had to "call them out"
That may not make sense, but it's an internal pride type of thing.
I enjoy knowing when someone has a **** hand and wants to continue to play it all the way down.

He's making it sound like its one or the other

I'm saying if I were to choose between a dude who has good customer service and knows your typical NT knowledge, but isn't really an expert on the tech side or a dude who has great customer service, doesn't know **** about what Mike wore, and knows running tech inside and out, I'm choosing the 2nd guy.

****, I would hire a guy who doesn't know anything but is eager to learn about shoe tech and isn't interested in what Mike wore over a dude who is a huge Jordan fan and knows everything there is to know about him and his shoes.

As somebody who works, (and manages) the industry, I honestly could give a **** whether the employee knows what shoe is dropping December 8th, what Mike wore in the 88 All Star Game, or how many pairs they have in their closet. I've always been taught dudes like that are the last ones you wanna hire. I care more about customer service and knowing what Asics shoe to suggest an old lady for her early morning walks.
Ok, but you would care if your employee was calling the pair your wearing fake right. Or if you went into your store for a release you knew was today for an employee to say "no these dub zeros are dope buy these" those aren't droppin today. They don't need to know the history I agree. But they don't need to act like they do either. The old lady aint coming to Finish Line. The 20 to 30+ year olds are.

Who’s in here saying they need to know the latest ****? They’re sales pitch is too transparent they’re OBVIOUSLY working in a high pressure sales environment and at the end of the day it’s due to trash management. Them not knowing **** about anything performance wise or other is just the icing on the cake

I play poker for a living, so I think it has just become more natural over the years.
When I was much younger, I would have had to "call them out"
That may not make sense, but it's an internal pride type of thing.
I enjoy knowing when someone has a **** hand and wants to continue to play it all the way down.
ahhh... that makes a lot of sense though.

:lol:

Ok, but you would care if your employee was calling the pair your wearing fake right. Or if you went into your store for a release you knew was today for an employee to say "no these dub zeros are dope buy these" those aren't droppin today. They don't need to know the history I agree. But they don't need to act like they do either. The old lady aint coming to Finish Line. The 20 to 30+ year olds are.
Well first of all employees have no right to be calling any body's shoes fake whether they're legit or fake cuz it's none of their business.
And old ladies do shop at those stores. It's not their core demographic, but they're there.

Well first of all employees have no right to be calling any body's shoes fake whether they're legit or fake cuz it's none of their business.
And old ladies do shop at those stores. It's not their core demographic, but they're there.
I agree, just venting. Too many bad experiences with younger employees that make me shy away from going to retail stores. That's all. A lot of shady things happen as you may already know.

Killed my 2011 pair, definitely in for 2 pairs. Would be my first time ever trying to double up. One of my fav if not my fav shoes to wear

These associates better know about the concords this December. Every Holiday 11 should warrant a team meeting lol

Myself as well. Especially when they ask you if your pair is fake when the pair I have on was purchased in the vary store they work in. The only time I ever got righteous on a employee is when I was told my pair was fake. I was wearing white varsity 6s. I asked him how old he was. He told me his age and I let him know I have been purchasing Jordans in this store longer than he s been alive. He was young and cocky like most of us were. But I couldn't stand for his lack of knowledge and cockiness at the same time. I got several more but I wont derail.

right on!

exactly!

knowing the tech is just half of customer service, which is very important, but knowing the history behind a product will provide confidence for your customers. and if you can actually show love of the product, that item is sold!

Back
Top Bottom