Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

I guess hardly anyone noticed that Thabo Sefolosha is rocking some air max running shoes out there. lol No custom insole on the planet can make a running shoe feel like a hoops shoe.

I guess hardly anyone noticed that Thabo Sefolosha is rocking some air max running shoes out there. lol No custom insole on the planet can make a running shoe feel like a hoops shoe.

I actually saw a story on this! Pretty amazing he would risk potential injury wearing those, especially given the pace of the modern NBA.

What about traction and breathability though? Some older models have amazing traction (AJ 1s) but breathability seems to benefit from newer materials. You have a point about structure and stability though-Posite based materials aren’t breathable at all but provide a lot of it. Maybe a lot of this simply depends on the player type and what position they play?
I've never had a problem with traction in many of the shoes that I choose to ball in. I have never concerned myself with ventilation in a shoe either, but I can understand why that may be a concern for some. I have played in the flightposite when they first came out years ago, and they weren't bad. Hey, I know what I need, and what I like to play in. Thabo is doing his thing in an Air Max running shoe, and that is cool to me.

I actually saw a story on this! Pretty amazing he would risk potential injury wearing those, especially given the pace of the modern NBA.
You risk injury every time you walk upon any sports field. I think that we've all seen bad injuries, with the most modern equipment. The NFL went from wearing leather helmets to wearing what they are wearing now, and they still have a concussion issue.

Because for me no other shoe means as much as these and this is the first time we’ve received a true to form retro.

I’ll probably go through a couple by balling in them and the rest I’ll wear/just keep. What’s crazy is I sold 4 2011 pairs to be able to purchase all of these 2018 pairs lol.
I guess I can’t judge, which I wasn’t more as a joke. I like to hoard certain shoes too I mean I had 4-5 pairs of 2013 bred 1s oddly enough and those will last a long long time

Thabo Rocks AM1’s because of the injuries he got via NYPD. Remember he heavily rocked Nike Basketball Heat

Thabo Rocks AM1’s because of the injuries he got via NYPD. Remember he heavily rocked Nike Basketball Heat
Of course. Funny enough what this does prove is that the supposed more technically advanced shoes, do not work for him. So much for those being superior for the modern player. He went back in time to get right like McFly.

You mean air max 90s? Don’t blame them, one of the most comfortable Nikes I ever owned

Typo. Yes. I agree. He said that the comfort alone worked for him since he still feels the effects of his injuries that nyc inflicted on him.

Of course. Funny enough what this does prove is that the supposed more technically advanced shoes, do not work for him. So much for those being superior for the modern player. He went back in time to get right like McFly.

I agree. It’s all gimmicks and bull****.

I always find it funny to see people who have a difficult time wrapping their mind around hooping in Bulls era Jordans :lol:
People act like they were wearing canvas with leather wrapped around their feet. lol. Tech has changed and improved for sure but the human foot is still the same. Shoes from 90s tech can def be worn today to play in.

I know I’m the latest to the party ever but f@ck it I’m an adult and I be having **** to do lol
C0FEF35A-6C58-44E5-A7D5-DDAB29452FF3.jpeg

I had to get the full family man pack. My double/triple up days are over. Doesn’t make sense for me anyways at this point because I barely get an opportunity to wear my kicks regardless.
E549F9A3-CD96-4D14-A22F-4E956A444E2C.jpeg

Extremely happy with these. Best pair of XI’s I’ve bought in forever. Love how they actually added the padding back to the upper amongst all of the other changes.
4B7A05A7-F63E-4E49-95B0-0FACD87A8BB3.jpeg

They go straight to the hall of fame. I have plenty more XI’s but these are the only pairs I care about. 2016 jams are extremely underrated imo.
008D781C-19EF-4E2B-8D17-541A7797BBA8.jpeg
08F8B6FB-FCB0-46C1-8DA5-561F4E981FB9.jpeg

B9A51D66-A02C-4FA4-97AA-11D453885E91.jpeg

I challenge anyone to show me a pair of concords more piss yellow than these. I think I got the belt in that category. :rofl:

All I need now is a pair of i.e’s true to the OG and a pair of remastered cool greys. I have the 2010’s but that bs can’t make it into my XI hall of fame lol.

I know I’m the latest to the party ever but f@ck it I’m an adult and I be having **** to do lol

I had to get the full family man pack. My double/triple up days are over. Doesn’t make sense for me anyways at this point because I barely get an opportunity to wear my kicks regardless.

Extremely happy with these. Best pair of XI’s I’ve bought in forever. Love how they actually added the padding back to the upper amongst all of the other changes.

They go straight to the hall of fame. I have plenty more XI’s but these are the only pairs I care about. 2016 jams are extremely underrated imo.

I challenge anyone to show me a pair of concords more piss yellow than these. I think I got the belt in that category. :rofl:

All I need now is a pair of i.e’s true to the OG and a pair of remastered cool greys. I have the 2010’s but that bs can’t make it into my XI hall of fame lol.
My goodness..:pimp::pimp:

Those og playoffs though.....goat sneaker right there.

What about traction and breathability though? Some older models have amazing traction (AJ 1s) but breathability seems to benefit from newer materials. You have a point about structure and stability though-Posite based materials aren’t breathable at all but provide a lot of it. Maybe a lot of this simply depends on the player type and what position they play?
Breathability is a non factor unless your dealing with foams. Besides, all these knit upper shoes are hotter than hell whe playing in them anyways. I’ll take some cordura mesh and patent leather over that ish all day!

Because for me no other shoe means as much as these and this is the first time we’ve received a true to form retro.

I’ll probably go through a couple by balling in them and the rest I’ll wear/just keep. What’s crazy is I sold 4 2011 pairs to be able to purchase all of these 2018 pairs lol.

Dude, I am with you. I love loads of sneakers and loads of them have meaning to me but ... this one is just different. I effed up because I had two DS pairs of the 2011s sitting in my closet since I somehow managed to get through on the NDC release back in '11. Then about a year and a half ago, I finally started wearing a pair around the house. I missed the boat when resale was $500-plus, I should have unloaded both then. But I did sell my other pair about five weeks before these released for $395. Regret ever wearing the other pair, especially since the stitched-in "insole" piece below the actual insole came unglued after a couple months and makes them squeak with every step. Wish I never wore them and had sold that pair, too, but I still came out ahead. These new ones are SICK. Need my fourth pair. If I had more closet space, I very well might have done what you did and gunned for ... well, maybe not 10, but five or six. I think I'm going to just be cool with four but ... you never know.

Back
Top Bottom