Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Yea a lot of us have. I compared the 2 to the box label on the shadow X

7F041CDE-02B9-4B12-A080-02C8C4EC0F54.jpeg

Thanks for the reply appreciate it.

Really appreciate your response.

Only real issues are the lines in the patent leather, everything else is like it should be based on all my extensive research comparisons.

I too am leaning towards them Slipping past quality control but still being authentic.

I've been wondering: anyone who has bought fakes, isn't there one easy way to tell--and that's the smell? I know that might sound silly but I'm dead serious. New Nikes have a particular smell to them, it's easily recognizable on these concords as well. Back in 2011, I bought an extra pair of concords off of eBay that I knew the price was too good to be true, but wanted to see. As soon as I took them out of the box and the smell hit me, I knew they were fake. Dude refunded me immediately when I told him they were fake, too. Or is someone going to come in here and tell me that fake factories have now replicated the exact adhesive concoction Nike uses and, as a result, the fakes smell legit, too? In the case of fake Nikes, it really might be accurate to ask, do they pass the smell test? LOL

I've been wondering: anyone who has bought fakes, isn't there one easy way to tell--and that's the smell? I know that might sound silly but I'm dead serious. New Nikes have a particular smell to them, it's easily recognizable on these concords as well. Back in 2011, I bought an extra pair of concords off of eBay that I knew the price was too good to be true, but wanted to see. As soon as I took them out of the box and the smell hit me, I knew they were fake. Dude refunded me immediately when I told him they were fake, too. Or is someone going to come in here and tell me that fake factories have now replicated the exact adhesive concoction Nike uses and, as a result, the fakes smell legit, too? In the case of fake Nikes, it really might be accurate to ask, do they pass the smell test? LOL

i believe this topic was brought up in a different thread briefly recently. from my personal experience, all my nikes smell the same, regardless of the sport, basketball or baseball or running. i have never bought a pair of fakes so i can't comment on those, but the most consistent aspect in any nike shoe production has got to be the smell!!!

i believe this topic was brought up in a different thread briefly recently. from my personal experience, all my nikes smell the same, regardless of the sport, basketball or baseball or running. i have never bought a pair of fakes so i can't comment on those, but the most consistent aspect in any nike shoe production has got to be the smell!!!
There have been different smells in my experiences. For example, gold toe & bc3 chemical smell. Both my bc3 pairs had that chemical paint smell. One direct from Nike & one from champs both shipped.

^^LOL. Interesting points.

But yea these Concords do have a distinctive scent to them, its actually pretty close to how the ogs smelled.

Yup.

Yup.

There have been different smells in my experiences. For example, gold toe & bc3 chemical smell. Both my bc3 pairs had that chemical paint smell. One direct from Nike & one from champs both shipped.

And ... yup. It's not necessarily that every model Nike makes smells the same, but every pair of the SAME model pretty much always smells the same. So some 1s might smell different than some 3, but they smell the same as other 1s and 3s smell the same as other threes, especially when we're talking the same colorway.

Overall, exactly my point. If you buy Nikes, you know exactly what they smell like. It's been pretty much the same for YEARS. Decades, even. And especially if you have a pair of legit shoes and then get another pair of the same--like people getting extra concords--you should know immediately just by smelling them if they smell right or not. If not, I've gotta believe they're not legit. And like I said, don't tell me the fake makers have even got the smell correct now.

Maybe this is just the **** I think of when I'm flying over the Atlantic and have run out of things to do LOL

Dont know what fakes smell like. Always imagined they smell like old gym socks. But with the sci-fi cloning they're doin these days who knows. All you needed back in the day was one Mr. Magoo eye & you were ok. So I stay retail or bust. If I catch an L I cut my loses & put it towards the next & keep movin. But I'm an old head, I can imagine if I was younger in this era how the need would be alot more important to me, pushing me to go other avenues. I know this because if the Infrared 6's drop & I don't cop retail then I imagine i'll be dragging myself to stockx :ohwell:

Dont know what fakes smell like.

Like glue b. Dead giveaway.

That is, if they even have a smell at all...

That’s why ppl can’t just trust StockX. ****** really use the smell test like it’s the holy grail of legit checks.

Fakes getting better and not all smell like a glue factory.

A guy on here who worked at SX for like 3 days actually stated that this was super high on their list for verifying authenticity.

now that you guys had mentioned it, you are correct that not all nikes smells exactly the same, but they are very similar, and you guys are correct also that the same model and colorway should smell almost exactly the same.
i went to my shoes and started sniffing on the deadstock ones not contaminated by my foot, and you guys are right.

i've never bought a pair of fakes but now i'm curious about their smell, i wonder if they just smells like chinese brands like LiNing or Anta because those shoes out of the box don't smell that great imho.

Stock x def has fakes pass through daily but you’re likely to not receive a fake shoe.

I personally wouldn’t buy a limited high priced shoe on stock x past a month after release. Raffle winners and what not dump their pairs within release day to a few weeks after. Anything after that time table is def a gamble IMO. I wouldn’t buy OW Jordan 1s off stock x now but I would buy them once The dropped happened

Dont know what fakes smell like. Always imagined they smell like old gym socks. But with the sci-fi cloning they're doin these days who knows. All you needed back in the day was one Mr. Magoo eye & you were ok. So I stay retail or bust. If I catch an L I cut my loses & put it towards the next & keep movin. But I'm an old head, I can imagine if I was younger in this era how the need would be alot more important to me, pushing me to go other avenues. I know this because if the Infrared 6's drop & I don't cop retail then I imagine i'll be dragging myself to stockx :ohwell:
Nike should really either start making these things in the US or start using some id tag to scan for authenticity. They seem to just be ignoring how close these fakes are getting to the real thing. Making them here would solve all of this. Tagging them would put a nice dent in it for now until they copy that too. Just get Nike the hell out of China wtf, why are they so stubborn lol

Another less reliable way perhaps is how the laces have been laced. There are 2 sides to the shoe, lateral and the medial. Nike always laces shoes lateral side over medial side. That is the lace coming from the lateral side should always be on top of the lace from the medial side. Every single pair. If you see your laces aren’t that way, then something has been done to the laces. Either someone had unlaced them and relaced or perhaps it’s an indication that they may be suspect as fake especially if they don’t smell right like you mentioned.

what happens if i had my legit pair out of box and the smell airs out/dissapates before i send em off to stock x for sale? smelling the shoe is a great way to tell fakes but in no way should you put 100% of your eggs in that basket due to varying factors.

what happens if i had my legit pair out of box and the smell airs out/dissapates before i send em off to stock x for sale? smelling the shoe is a great way to tell fakes but in no way should you put 100% of your eggs in that basket due to varying factors.

Any I the only one that feels like the cushioning in these are a lot stiffer than any of the retroes from 2001?

Back
Top Bottom