Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Man I get why the pedantic amongst us differentiate but honestly, as much as I'm a stickler for dumb **** that doesn't actually matter, even I call them Space Jams. There was barely any difference in the first damn place back in '95 when he wore the PEs in the playoffs and what he wore in the movie. What the quibblers want to call true Space Jams (the OG retail release) were actually different than what Mike ACTUALLY WORE in the damn movie. I'm over it.

I hate to admit it but they are the black concords PEs. They threw everyone for a loop with the packaging and marketing behind it.

Exactly my thoughts

Uhhhh ...

I get it. Seriously. But for the record, there has NEVER been a true SJ release. The movie pair was the 95 PE pair, with a different number on the heel and possibly Jumpman Jam instead of Jumpman Jordan on the tongue tag (I don't remember where documentation landed on that offhand). That's it. The OG RETAIL and 09 retro SJ RETAIL pairs put a blue jumpman on the ankle panel and blue on the outsole pods. That too is not what he rocked in the movie, though it looked like those details were blue on film. They were actually concord. Reality is, neither is spot-on correct in terms of what happened in real life on MJ's feet in '95. So calling one SJ and one not SJ makes no sense. To this day Nike has not released a version of the shoe that was worn in the movie. That would be a black 11 with concord pods and concord jumpman, 23 on the heel. Tongue tag is whatever to me, but could also be an issue, as I said.

Last edited:
But for the record, there has NEVER been a true SJ release. To this day Nike has not released a version of the shoe that was worn in the movie. That would be a black 11 with concord pods and concord jumpman, 23 on the heel.
So by your own testimony, the 2016 blk/concord XIs are not Space Jams, right?

:wink:

Truth be told I didn’t even see the movie space jam until after the shoes came out in 2000. When pairs of the PE he wore in 1995 were being sold and featured on sites like this and SoleCollector I personally said to myself “this shoe looks more like a reverse concord than the shoe released in 2000”. While not officially naming them Black Concords or Anything for that matter I always recognized this was different than the movie and the 2000 release.

4603BCB5-0AEF-4652-82D4-E623E911A0CF.jpeg

So by your own testimony, the 2016 blk/concord XIs are not Space Jams, right?

:wink:
Exactly. Technically they aren't, but I still call them Space Jams. I call the 2000 and 2009 pairs Space Jams, too. The 2016 pair is just as close to what MJ wore in the movie as the 2000 and 2009 pairs that some people insist are the REAL Space Jams. In reality, none of the three pairs in question is a proper remake of what MJ wore in the film. And for sure, the 2016 pair is most definitely the 1995 PE. Personally I just don't care to be so pedantic about it in the case of what I tend to call this particular shoe.

Last edited:
Here is my look at it. I dont care what you call any air jordan at all. What gets me is how it effects people so much. As long as I know what shoe your talking about, thats all that really matters. I am not a fan of the nicknames, but Im not going to call out my disagreement with everyone for it. All it does is set up another argument.

Back
Top Bottom