Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Bought them through a major sports memorabilia/card auction house. Was after a pair for a long time but needed real strong source. These came from the private collection of George Karl's son with every piece of authentication you could ask for.
was it given to coby karl? that's dope if true.

nothing against the source of course but personally, if im getting an mj auto, it would have to be from upper deck authenticated.

was it given to coby karl? that's dope if true.

nothing against the source of course but personally, if im getting an mj auto, it would have to be from upper deck authenticated.

Given to Coby Karl, both shoes signed and personalized to him with separate PSA authentication for each signature as well as a personal letter from and signed by Coby Karl attesting that these came from his personal collection and a photomatch to the game. :wink:

Given to Coby Karl, both shoes signed and personalized to him with separate PSA authentication for each signature as well as a personal letter from and signed by Coby Karl attesting that these came from his personal collection and a photomatch to the game. :wink:
damn, that's really awesome bro. nothing beats a game worn piece. congrats. i bet it's worth a fortune now.

Spring here and might be time to but out the retros, still don't look as dope as the OG's but they did these right. If only someone didn't scribble on these VNDS OGs LOL.
jays.JPG
definition of a true grail.

I can't help but wonder why in the world Coby Karl would have let those go.

I can't help but wonder why in the world Coby Karl would have let those go.

He’s let go of a number of items over the last few years. Jerseys, game used shoes etc. I’d imagine given his connection to the NBA, both via his father and as a player/ball boy he has amassed a mind boggling collection.

Kareem just used a similar venue to auction off an enormous amount of personal items including his own championship rings.

Sometimes it’s to benefit charity sometimes it’s just time to part with things.

He’s let go of a number of items over the last few years. Jerseys, game used shoes etc. I’d imagine given his connection to the NBA, both via his father and as a player/ball boy he has amassed a mind boggling collection.

Kareem just used a similar venue to auction off an enormous amount of personal items including his own championship rings.

Sometimes it’s to benefit charity sometimes it’s just time to part with things.
Well at least the shoes went to someone that will appreciate them. I personally would never let something like that go. A game worn signed MJ pair is something I could only imagine having. To me that would be like hitting lottery.
As far as Kareem goes, I dont understand why he would sell pieces of what he personally accomplished. Jerseys and shoes I get. But personal awards and rings I dont. Hell I still keep my HS diploma and ring close to me. It was an accomplishment. No matter what level, it still showed you finished what you started.

Well at least the shoes went to someone that will appreciate them. I personally would never let something like that go. A game worn signed MJ pair is something I could only imagine having. To me that would be like hitting lottery.
As far as Kareem goes, I dont understand why he would sell pieces of what he personally accomplished. Jerseys and shoes I get. But personal awards and rings I dont. Hell I still keep my HS diploma and ring close to me. It was an accomplishment. No matter what level, it still showed you finished what you started.
grand scheme of things, it's immaterial.

Some memorabilia I have include a signed autographed glove (no worn in a fight from what I know) from Mike Tyson, I photo of Mike Tyson and I (at age 7), and a photo of Jeezy and I (when I was working at Wendy's at age 19).

Some people don't care as much about that stuff. I don't even know where my college degree is at the moment. I never had it on display, I think it's in a box in my closet. Kareem ... he's always been a different kind of cat. Very bright, very deep. He said that when it comes to either having material items from things he knows he did decades ago versus funding opportunities for kids, it wasn't even a question. I can get onboard with that. Not saying I'd part with that kind of stuff lightly, or at all, but again, some people just aren't into trophies and plaques. It's really not that crazy when you think about it. Meanwhile, I'm appalled that Coby Karl sold those game-worn concords so ignore me :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom