Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

I’m at the point where my wardrobe doesn’t quite mesh with the Jordan 11 bulkiness. But this is still my all time favorite shoe so it’s more of art work lol

Im in a weird place 😂

I’m at the point where my wardrobe doesn’t quite mesh with the Jordan 11 bulkiness. But this is still my all time favorite shoe so it’s more of art work lol

Im in a weird place 😂
All the way back to '95, I've never felt right rocking XI mids with anything other than shorts or sweats. I remember putting them on with jeans once, looking in the mirror, and being like, nah, no way :rofl:

All the way back to '95, I've never felt right rocking XI mids with anything other than shorts or sweats. I remember putting them on with jeans once, looking in the mirror, and being like, nah, no way :rofl:

Glad I’m not alone. Like I have no idea why I’m buying the cool greys. But like I said. 11s are art work in my eyes idc idc idc idc

Glad I’m not alone. Like I have no idea why I’m buying the cool greys. But like I said. 11s are art work in my eyes idc idc idc idc
I feel the same way. I love the concords. When I put them on my feet I get second thoughts.

This is why I love (and have loved since Day 1 in summer '96) the OG black/red IE lows so much, despite apparently no one else getting it (relatively speaking, looking at how those are performing in the free market). That shoe is the XI you can rock with virtually anything. It's flashy and subdued at the same time. Concords are arguably my favorite shoe of all time in terms of design and to have and look at and wear in the right scenarios, but the IEs are right behind because I feel like I'm wearing an XI but also that I can wear it every day with whatever I want to. I had to stop buying them, I have seven pairs now. I may have gone a bit overboard on that one :lol:

This is why I love (and have loved since Day 1 in summer '96) the OG black/red IE lows so much, despite apparently no one else getting it (relatively speaking, looking at how those are performing in the free market). That shoe is the XI you can rock with virtually anything. It's flashy and subdued at the same time. Concords are arguably my favorite shoe of all time in terms of design and to have and look at and wear in the right scenarios, but the IEs are right behind because I feel like I'm wearing an XI but also that I can wear it every day with whatever I want to. I had to stop buying them, I have seven pairs now. I may have gone a bit overboard on that one :lol:
One could never have enough IEs good Sir 👊🏼👊🏼
Ease of wear well executed cws and versatility have always been why i love the IE and more likely to reach for them over the base model.
Gotta put work in to keep that patent glossy upper crisp and soles icy lol.

I haven't worn mine yet. I chased this shoe since every single release and finally hit in 2018... I've legit been trying since 1996. I hit twice and saw a dude at the mall waiting in line "probably around 16 or 17" with his dad. I remember my mom doing the same **** and being kind bummed like I was when we didn't get a pair. I was going to give them to him but the dude basically forced money into my pocket. I just wanted someone to be blessed that day.

45 on these are all good. It was on the back of the shoe the first time they were seen by a few of us still in here. This particular release is special. The 23 version is inevitable. We will all get it as well . Enjoy owning this one.
This, honestly. I am much younger than a lot of people in here, but I have done my due diligence (to a decent extent at least) by watching quite a few old MJ/Bulls games or highlights if nothing else, from '85 to '98, and even clips from MJ's stint with the Wizards too. I have always had a massive respect and admiration for his tenacity and practically superhuman athleticism. There are clips I've watched that made me double take because of how blown away I was. The reverse layup past Petrovic when the Bulls played against the Nets in '91 is one of such moments. But I digress. Watching The Last Dance only made me love MJ and the Bulls more. I learned a lot that I hadn't known yet and it made me even more glad to have gotten a pair of these. I'm not the biggest 11 guy, but I do love the design and history behind the shoes (with much love to Tinker as well, of course). The 45 on these is incredibly special because in a way the number was an omen back in '95. Many players and journalists treated MJ as if he had lost his touch, as if he were washed up even when he finally came back, and as we all know, he took that personally. :lol:

The 45 represents a lot of things in my opinion. One of them being a man trying to find his way back to a sport he knew and loved after losing his father in a terrible tragedy. Eventually MJ did find his way back thru the midst of it all, back to 23 where he belonged as he would return with a vengeance in '96 and once again crush any doubts, proving that he was and is, The Greatest of All Time. I don't think we'll see a re-release of this version of the Concords for a long time, so they should be treasured.
20191218_144440.jpg

Last edited:
This, honestly. I am much younger than a lot of people in here, but I have done my due diligence (to a decent extent at least) by watching quite a few old MJ/Bulls games or highlights if nothing else, from '85 and '98, and even clips from MJ's stint with the Wizards too. I have always had a massive respect and admiration for his tenacity and practically superhuman athleticism. There are clips I've watched that made me double take because of how blown away I was. The reverse layup past Petrovic when the Bulls played against the Nets in '91 is one of such moments. But I digress. Watching The Last Dance only made me love MJ and the Bulls more. I learned a lot that I hadn't known yet and it made me even more glad to have gotten a pair of these. I'm not the biggest 11 guy, but I do love the design and history behind the shoes (with much love to Tinker as well, of course). The 45 on these is incredibly special because in a way the number was an omen back in '95. Many players and journalists treated MJ as if he had lost his touch, as if he were washed up even when he finally came back, and as we all know, he took that personally. :lol:

The 45 represents a lot of things in my opinion. One of them being a man trying to find his way back to a sport he knew and loved after losing his father in a terrible tragedy. Eventually MJ did find his way back thru the midst of it all, back to 23 where he belonged as he would return with a vengeance in '96 and once again crush any doubts, proving that he was and is, The Greatest of All Time. I don't think we'll see a re-release of this version of the Concords for a long time, so they should be treasured.
20191218_144440.jpg

I’m one a very few that digs the 45 on the back.

The XI will always be the best Jordan model ever because they're distinct with the design and optics.

It's logically common for all basketball fans to associate Michael Jordan with the number 23 because it's his identity by default. But him wearing 45 will also be remembered despite it being a brief period in his storied career. We all know he wasn't back at his apex at that time he wore 45, but it still stands out.

The Concord XI with the 23 on the back will always be valued by purists and fans, but the 2018 version with the 45 can also be valued by purists because it was initially how the Concord XI was worn by Jordan and seen by fans during the 1995 NBA Playoffs if you want to get technical with it like that.

I'll always like any XI with the 23, but the 2018 version with 45 was cool with me from a purist standpoint. And I'm glad I got them because I never had a pair of Concord XI in my life. I'm sure as hell glad I passed on those bootleg looking pieces of 💩 that were re-released in 2011! I still have a hard time fathoming people camped out in the cold for those swap meet quality shoes nearly 10 years ago. Fools even started riots for those fake looking shoes in some regions. 🙄

It was worth waiting 7 years to get mine in 2018 because they resembled the originals from 1996, just with the 45 on the back. And the quality and execution on them made the wait worthwhile. The 2018 version also motivated me get the red Bulls #45 jersey to go with it as I've previously posted pictures on here.

I hit cool greys on the shock drop. When I got them yesterday, for some reason, it didn’t move me. It was more like meh. 11s are cool but I’ve only worn the concords and blk/reds once each since they released. They are hell on my pinky toes :lol: Im thinking about selling them.

I’ll wait. The 23 meshes better with the higher PL cut.
Whatever floats your boat. I hope on the next Concord go around that Nike/JB doesn’t add the 23 while messing up something else, like removing the foam padding from the upper again or something like that. But I doubt it’ll be the same shoe from 2018 just with a 23 instead of 45. I’m kinda afraid to see how they screw them up again next time :lol:

Back
Top Bottom