Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

hmm....i don't know why but somehow i heard so much negative talk about the high cut PL that i guess i assumed people like the low cut PL better, which is the original form of the shoe?

You have it backward. Entirely. While there has emerged a small subset of people on this site that now profess to prefer the low cut patent, they historically represent a small group of outliers. Complaints about the low cut have been consistent ever since the company went to this specification years ago.

That said, I agree that the new high-cut patent isn't entirely faithful to the originals, either, though never in a million years would I even have one thought of the low cut being preferable. As a few others have noted, the OG cut lies somewhere in between the low and this new high cut. That said, part of the reason the high cut looks a bit overly high is, as also someone noted, because the entire shoe is still a bit off in its dimensions and proportions compared to the original.

I have my OG black.red XIs sitting on a shelf at home. Can still wear them, too. Put them side by side with the 2011 version and the 2016 Space Jams, and it's immediately obvious that while the latest cut and shape for XIs isn't entirely spot-on, it's FARRRRRRRR closer than the 2011 version. This isn't my opinion, it's a fact readily apparent to anyone who owns all three versions of the shoes.

Low cut complaints have been going on for years! Almost 10 since the CDP and Space Jam

IMG_20180201_200832.jpg
my original to the 2016.

You have it backward. Entirely. While there has emerged a small subset of people on this site that now profess to prefer the low cut patent, they historically represent a small group of outliers. Complaints about the low cut have been consistent ever since the company went to this specification years ago.

That said, I agree that the new high-cut patent isn't entirely faithful to the originals, either, though never in a million years would I even have one thought of the low cut being preferable. As a few others have noted, the OG cut lies somewhere in between the low and this new high cut. That said, part of the reason the high cut looks a bit overly high is, as also someone noted, because the entire shoe is still a bit off in its dimensions and proportions compared to the original.

I have my OG black.red XIs sitting on a shelf at home. Can still wear them, too. Put them side by side with the 2011 version and the 2016 Space Jams, and it's immediately obvious that while the latest cut and shape for XIs isn't entirely spot-on, it's FARRRRRRRR closer than the 2011 version. This isn't my opinion, it's a fact readily apparent to anyone who owns all three versions of the shoes.

very cool, thank you for straighten that out for me, been confused since 2016 when i got my first pair of mids, Space Jams. then i heard a bunch of people complain about the high cut and wanted the low cut, but i personally prefer the high cut, since to me, it looks better.

Low cut complaints have been going on for years! Almost 10 since the CDP and Space Jam

had no idea....thx for the info!!

IMG_20180201_200832.jpg
my original to the 2016.

thx for the pix!

High P cut or low P cut, old mold or new mold, clear sole or blue sole, 45 or 23, 95s/2000s/dmp/2011s were better, multiples or pass, etc. whatever your arguments and dislike about this release...you guys will still get a pear or pear’s. Yeah, we have the right to complain but at the end of the day...we still buy what JB gives us since this is one of the most iconic Js and as a j head like I know most of you guys are (cause you guys wouldn’t be in these forums everyday) I know we will still buy them. I myself can’t wait!!!

Last edited:
I feel like the og had a grey tint
That was something I always questioned. I have several magazines and pics of MJ wearing concords. And there were so many with the "grey tint" and many he had with a blue tint. Maybe lighting had something to do with it. I guess it goes with the high cut to lower cut debate on his shoes. The ones he broke out in Orlando in 1995 were def a blue tint though. The 72 win season weren't all a blue tint shoe. Many had the grey look to them.

there was a touch of blue to the grey tint. More grey than blue.

Ive seen OGs where the front patent height is like the space jams. More often than not its slightly lower at the front. Ive seen lower cut spacejams that match high cut OGs, but Ive seen super highcut spacejams that just look wrong.

The collar still isnt right though.

High P cut or low P cut, old mold or new mold, clear sole or blue sole, 45 or 23, 95s/2000s/dmp/2011s were better, multiples or pass, etc. whatever your arguments and dislike about this release...you guys will still get a pear or pear’s. Yeah, we have the right to complain but at the end of the day...we still buy what JB gives us since this is one of the most iconic Js and as a j head like I know most of you guys are (cause you guys wouldn’t be in these forums everyday) I know we will still buy them. I myself can’t wait!!!

Speak for yourself if they have a backwards Jumpman and low PL I’m not copping. Easy decision.

That space jam release proved they can get it right. I believe they will come correct with these.

there was a touch of blue to the grey tint. More grey than blue.

Ive seen OGs where the front patent height is like the space jams. More often than not its slightly lower at the front. Ive seen lower cut spacejams that match high cut OGs, but Ive seen super highcut spacejams that just look wrong.

The collar still isnt right though.
The collar? What do you see wrong there? Curious.

Speak for yourself if they have a backwards Jumpman and low PL I’m not copping. Easy decision.

That space jam release proved they can get it right. I believe they will come correct with these.
Agree, backwards J and low pl wont work anymore. The jams did come correct. Some were way too high on the pl though. Peaks were exaggerated a little also on a lot of pairs. Has to be greyish blue. But no clear outsole.

The current 11s are close enough that I don’t think it’s worthy of complaining but if they wanted to get it perfect they could keep the overall height the same but let the collar/upper reclaim about 2-3mm from the patent.

They have way more work to do on the 3s and even the 4s though so I hope they focus on those.

Agree, backwards J and low pl wont work anymore. The jams did come correct. Some were way too high on the pl though. Peaks were exaggerated a little also on a lot of pairs. Has to be greyish blue. But no clear outsole.

It did seem like some pairs were too high. If they came down slightly I wouldn’t be mad. Just not cdp 09 space jam low. That was trash.

We up to millimeters now? What's next? Carbon fiber hue?....

....8 months left....
No for real. I think this release will be dope. No complaints here. It will have the win like 82 look and I'm completely satisfied with that.

Wow man, I don't know what to think other than you see things in detail on another level. I see it for sure. But I just don't think they (Nike) will ever reach your standards.:lol: I'm still in for a pair though.

Back
Top Bottom