Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

You really do love Gentry lol. We don’t like Gentry here on NT man.
I don’t love him. Y’all just spit out alternative facts sometimes. He’s the go to for an ugly colorway even though the ugliest colorways en mass happened when he wasn’t there. We can still hate him while discussing the truth about what he did and didn’t do. I’m afraid he’ll ruin OGs again. I still think it’s beneficial to discuss all aspects.

I'm glad to know you find it ridiculous. Stay in yo lane, KayYizzy
:lol:
In all seriousness, I find it not one bit ridiculous. I've had a long history with this shoe. Something has always gone wrong. My OG pair, the midsole got messed up not long after I bought them in 95 and there wasn't a replacement pair to be had in my area, so I had to exchange them for Penny 1s. I somehow completely missed the 2000 retro, wasn't paying enough attention to releases at the time. Got the DMP but that was a giant PITA. Then somehow got through for two pairs of 2011 Concords, only to find what a crap version of the shoe that was. So basically, even though I've owned Concords before, I have never felt like I truly had them.

I want to be able to wear a clean pair of these whenever I want for years to come. I do not want to have one or two pairs and worry about messing them up, yellowing, trying to make them last as long as possible. It's most likely going to be at least another five years (or more) before Concords come back again. I will have enough of these that I can wear them with no thought given to it, every damn day for the next five years if I so choose. And that's what I'm going to do. This is why I want four or five pairs, and as far as I am concerned, it is entirely reasonable.

They’re gonna drop a 23 version in 5 years. 5 pairs of these is a waste of money.

got through on 2 concords today on snkrs. first order right at noon and the second a couple minutes later. 12,000 order numbers apart.

Air Jordan 11 “Concord”
Color: White/Black-Dark Concord
Style Code: 378037-100
Release Date: December 8, 2018
Price: $220
Air-Jordan-11-Concord-Release-Date-Price-1.jpg

Air-Jordan-11-Concord-Release-Date-Price-2.jpg

Air-Jordan-11-Concord-Release-Date-Price-3.jpg

Air-Jordan-11-Concord-Release-Date-Price-4.jpg

Air-Jordan-11-Concord-Release-Date-Price-5.jpg

Air-Jordan-11-Concord-Release-Date-Price-6.jpg

Air-Jordan-11-Concord-Release-Date-Price-7.jpg

Air-Jordan-11-Concord-Family-Sizing.jpg

I was actually headed out to lunch when these dropped and wasn’t paying attention to my phone. I tried to buy a size 11 but they sold out. I’m not the least bit bummed because they’re going to be widely available in a few weeks and I’ve already had 4 pairs of these (1-1995, 2-2000, 1-2011) and that itch to have Jordans early just isn’t there anymore.

I know blue sole is OG, but I would’ve liked these clear. I know clear soles don’t last as long as blue, but it’s just something about the clear sole fresh out the box that is crazy.

I'm glad to know you find it ridiculous. Stay in yo lane, KayYizzy
:lol:
In all seriousness, I find it not one bit ridiculous. I've had a long history with this shoe. Something has always gone wrong. My OG pair, the midsole got messed up not long after I bought them in 95 and there wasn't a replacement pair to be had in my area, so I had to exchange them for Penny 1s. I somehow completely missed the 2000 retro, wasn't paying enough attention to releases at the time. Got the DMP but that was a giant PITA. Then somehow got through for two pairs of 2011 Concords, only to find what a crap version of the shoe that was. So basically, even though I've owned Concords before, I have never felt like I truly had them.

I want to be able to wear a clean pair of these whenever I want for years to come. I do not want to have one or two pairs and worry about messing them up, yellowing, trying to make them last as long as possible. It's most likely going to be at least another five years (or more) before Concords come back again. I will have enough of these that I can wear them with no thought given to it, every damn day for the next five years if I so choose. And that's what I'm going to do. This is why I want four or five pairs, and as far as I am concerned, it is entirely reasonable.

So you're a Concord Connoisseur :lol: .. I respect it but I just can't rationalize it man. Most of us own at least 20-30 pairs of kicks and that's being super generous. Unless you're a gym teacher or something how on earth are you going to find time to run through 5 pairs of Concords (in general or in 5 years). I have DMPs and lows and eventually 2 of these.. Im good good lol.

I'm definitely not here to tell people what to do with there money.. do you octopus legs :lol: I just think it's overkill.

This is probably full circle for Gentry. He helped design the shoe, but he robbed people from having it after 1996. I wonder if he changed his “respect the OGs” mindset. He probably had nothing to do with the 2018 Concords since they were decided upon before he came back
526AF4D4-775E-4D25-8368-1C42795503C2.jpeg
nice pants, gentry
526af4d4-775e-4d25-8368-1c42795503c2-jpeg.2211524

you know that forward facing jumpman has him seething inside

images

would of been nice to cop a pair early but i can wait until release day to cop multiples... at this point its less than a month away

I get your like for the ice clear sole. But if they are gonna remaster an original, most are gonna want that blue tint. Just looks better.
I understood that when I initially made the post lol. I like the way the DMP 11s looked. Imagine if those had a blue sole

There are def people on this board that complain about Blue Soles.. and they are all New NT.. Old NT begged Nike for blue soles on Foams and ESPECIALLY XI's for yearrrs because the yellowing was just unbearable. I never want to see clear soles again.. we don't need crip soles but man the blue tint is where its at.

Few years later and joints still look fresh .. that Breaking Bad blue tint is always good with me.

Back
Top Bottom