Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

I design logos and packaging

I look for balance and see negative space. When something doesnt look right its because they changed something that contradicts the original design. Ill see it right away. Tinkers designs rely heavily on use of negative space and what he does with it. You can tell his work gets to a point where it designs itself. He wouldnt leave such a loose end like that slippy dip collar on the win like 82s. I would bet anything that he also positioned the jumpman where he did and sized it how he did to correlate to the eyelets across from it as well as the hill crest in the patent below it.

Last edited:
IMG_20180201_200832.jpg
my original to the 2016.
Props for still having a 22 year old pair of kix!

Wow man, I don't know what to think other than you see things in detail on another level. I see it for sure. But I just don't think they (Nike) will ever reach your standards.:lol: I'm still in for a pair though.

Yup, Tony is correct. It's part of what I referred to in my post on the previous page. The latest version of XI mids is a big improvement, but it still has things that are obviously off to some of us.

The current 11s are close enough that I don’t think it’s worthy of complaining but if they wanted to get it perfect they could keep the overall height the same but let the collar/upper reclaim about 2-3mm from the patent.

They have way more work to do on the 3s and even the 4s though so I hope they focus on those.

This ^^
While I see the little differences in the latest XIs, I really don't care. Sure, I'd like every retro to be an exact copy of the OG, but as Engineer said, the IIIs and IVs are the ones I have real problems with. Actually, it's mostly just the IIIs at this point. I said in the cement III thread prior to release, Nike/Jordan has messed with that shoe so much over the years, it's not even the same shoe to me anymore. You look at pics of the OG IIIs compared to the retros and it always stuns me how A) just about everything about the OGs is sick--shape, materials, and B) how the retros aren't even close. Like, not remotely. XI retros now just feature some small differences of almost no consequence, while IIIs are ruined for me until a REAL remaster occurs. That's why I'll be buying multiple pairs of the concord XI release, and why I had zero problem leaving the cements sitting on the shelf at the House of Hoops I saw them at on release day.

Last edited:
Yup, Tony is correct. It's part of what I referred to in my post on the previous page. The latest version of XI mids is a big improvement, but it still has things that are obviously off to some of us.

This ^^
While I see the little differences in the latest XIs, I really don't care. Sure, I'd like every retro to be an exact copy of the OG, but as Engineer said, the IIIs and IVs are the ones I have real problems with. Actually, it's mostly just the IIIs at this point. I said in the cement III thread prior to release, Nike/Jordan has messed with that shoe so much over the years, it's not even the same shoe to me anymore. You look at pics of the OG IIIs compared to the retros and it always stuns me how A) just about everything about the OGs is sick--shape, materials, and B) how the retros aren't even close. Like, not remotely. XI retros now just feature some small differences of almost no consequence, while IIIs are ruined for me until a REAL remaster occurs. That's why I'll be buying multiple pairs of the concord XI release, and why I had zero problem leaving the cements sitting on the shelf at the House of Hoops I saw them at on release day.
There were a handful of remastered NA releases I wanted to make sure I copped.

I wanted Chicagos for my 1s, Black cements for my 3s, WC for my 4s, Black metallics for my 5s, Black Infrared for my 6s, and Bordeauxs for my 7s. Space Jams were a pleasant surprise. This is all before they announced or showed anything besides the frag and maybe the Chi 1. Just wanted a small tasteful rotation of all of my favorite models I couldnt have when I was a kid to wear over time every once in a while as I get older.

Long story short, I dont have the 3s and probably wont be filling that empty slot any time soon. Just cant do it.

There were a handful of remastered NA releases I wanted to make sure I copped.

I wanted Chicagos for my 1s, Black cements for my 3s, WC for my 4s, Black metallics for my 5s, Black Infrared for my 6s, and Bordeauxs for my 7s. Space Jams were a pleasant surprise. This is all before they announced or showed anything besides the frag and maybe the Chi 1. Just wanted a small tasteful rotation of all of my favorite models I couldnt have when I was a kid to wear over time every once in a while as I get older.

Long story short, I dont have the 3s and probably wont be filling that empty slot any time soon. Just cant do it.

It’s the toebox huh

Funny how you always talked about the red liner hidden behind the tongue. They did the same thing with the 4, ie 11 and the 12s. The retros today show the liner so much more. I notice that now more than ever. Especially with the Taxis compared to the originals.

I still like all the retros I have though. Just a detail I never paid attention to til you started talking about it.

It’s the toebox huh

If only that was all that’s wrong. The overall shape and proportions are grossly out of whack, the leather is wrong and the elephant print is so far gone it’s hilarious in a sad way. They truly look like poor knockoffs when you put them next to the originals. All the things I just mentioned are exactly why the OGs were so sick and so coveted. When Nike/Jordan changes not one but all of them, it destroys the shoe. They now look like a replica someone made from memory rather than by copying an actual pair. They seem close ... until you actually see the OG. Makes me laugh every time, they’re so wrong.

If only that was all that’s wrong. The overall shape and proportions are grossly out of whack, the leather is wrong and the elephant print is so far gone it’s hilarious in a sad way. They truly look like poor knockoffs when you put them next to the originals. All the things I just mentioned are exactly why the OGs were so sick and so coveted. When Nike/Jordan changes not one but all of them, it destroys the shoe. They now look like a replica someone made from memory rather than by copying an actual pair. They seem close ... until you actually see the OG. Makes me laugh every time, they’re so wrong.

I couldn’t agree more man

If theyre releasing jordans inspired by Nikes Mike wore, like the chlorophyll 3, surely theres an air flight one Jordan X coming. Or would it be a 9?

jnuyppdt8bzlwhrvgaua

143547-9c4d3dca9391413ca233e1da9eba6610.jpeg

Nice and straight across, higher with a good bit of cordura above the top eyelet, thicker piece of leather for stability, making it a proper basketball shoe.

That’s why the PL looks too high to some people because the mesh up isn’t at its correct height. Boom. There you go. They nailed it with the PL height though. They should go ahead and fix the mesh height now to make it perfect but I know JB won’t do that. Not with the way they’re selling out regardless. I’m obviously cool with these new pairs tho, they’re pretty close. Can’t have it all I guess.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom