Air Jordan 11 Retro Low "Concord" to Release in 2014

I think people get confused with smuggled pairs vs grey market pairs vs fakes to be honest.
I know a bulk buyer that used to get his shoes early straight from the factory. today, people would incorrectly call them grey market.
used to call them "fall offs" (maybe an old term) 
like they just so happen fell off the truck or somebody hands ya know :lol:

:lol: I remember when foams starting getting produced in china instead of Taiwan.... a flood of smuggled pairs were available for EVERYONE to buy early. Taiwan factories were locked down pretty well so foams didn't really get out early.

Powell "estimates" 350K of these sold last week.
But with a million people demand.....smh. I wish Jordans were produced made to order like high demand electronics. Think about it....you place your order and just wait a couple weeks to make. They already have a system for it via nike id. But don't allow in any customization. Just your XI and wait until it gets built. Supply and demand situation would be resolved.

laugh.gif
I remember when foams starting getting produced in china instead of Taiwan.... a flood of smuggled pairs were available for EVERYONE to buy early. Taiwan factories were locked down pretty well so foams didn't really get out early.
Yeah. I think when nikes and jordans were made in Taiwan, the quality was real nice for kicks but as Taiwan is not a outsourced country anymore for these types of things they don't make these anymore. They are where a lot of the sneak buying is happening.

But with a million people demand.....smh. I wish Jordans were produced made to order like high demand electronics. Think about it....you place your order and just wait a couple weeks to make. They already have a system for it via nike id. But don't allow in any customization. Just your XI and wait until it gets built. Supply and demand situation would be resolved.
Completely agree with this!

That idea has been out there for a very long time, but Nike keeps the train running full speed with the current model.
When people fail they fight to win the next time. And so it goes.
Nike isn't a shoe company, it's a marketing juggernaut.

laugh.gif
I remember when foams starting getting produced in china instead of Taiwan.... a flood of smuggled pairs were available for EVERYONE to buy early. Taiwan factories were locked down pretty well so foams didn't really get out early.
laugh.gif

good old days 

Anyone with early release pairs AND release day pairs want to do a comparison?

I've had both in hand (early pair from marqueesole) at the same time and couldn't tell a difference. Everything matched up from the pod alignment to the carbon fiber. Just wondering if anyone else had comparable opinions.

True statement definitely, also before the whole GM debate most posts were about, "they are authentic however just made early." Now yes there are differences if you look closely from GM to Retail pairs however not a whole lot IMO. Now kids as well as grown people are experts and are quick to tell you wants authentic and what's not smh...especially if you have something rare on your feet. Sorry JORDAN posters but long story short all of this stuff is starting to be kind of fake to me especially once you experience Li~Ning superb quality.

I think people get confused with smuggled pairs vs grey market pairs vs fakes to be honest.

I know a bulk buyer that used to get his shoes early straight from the factory. today, people would incorrectly call them grey market.
"Used too" lol
I can only guess 2 reasons why you don't anymore
Jail or jail

Finally getting one of my pairs today from finishline today :smokin
You act like you've been waiting a while, hasn't even been a week lol

"Used too" lol
Jail or jail

WRONG.

dude is doing just fine. just an FYI - a lot of bulk buyers don't really care for the hassle of paying high prices for marginal profits. They have to pay their "supplier" a certain premium to get them early from the factory as well as purchase a large quantity. These prices aren't pennies and the product has to be moved for a good price to earn a good profit.

At the end of the day, a lot of bulk buyers would rather invest $50 to sell a shoe for $100 than invest $200 to sell a shoe for $250..... It means you have a lot more house money to play with to turn a good profit.

Last edited:
"Used too" lol
Jail or jail

WRONG.

dude is doing just fine. just an FYI - a lot of bulk buyers don't really care for the hassle of paying high prices for marginal profits. They have to pay their "supplier" a certain premium to get them early from the factory as well as purchase a large quantity. These prices aren't pennies and the product has to be moved for a good price to earn a good profit.

At the end of the day, a lot of bulk buyers would rather invest $50 to sell a shoe for $100 than invest $200 to sell a shoe for $250..... It means you have a lot more house money to play with to turn a good profit.
So he just stopped?

Yea I could see where the price of these shoes has pretty much left them to be had only by big retailers.  I know for sure a small sneaker shop isn't going to risk plopping out 200 bucks a pair to make a 50 dollar profit when there are plenty of other sneakers that can do just the same.  Also the "hype" surrounding certain jordans can attract more trouble than the profit is worth.  Fights, shootings, stabbings, theft, disgruntled customers, raffles, etc. just makes that 50 dollar profit seem like it isn't worth the hassle.  

So he just stopped?

hes not a friend just someone I knew through someone but last I talked to him, he was pretty much not messing with it anymore.

he buys up all types of shoes that go on sale whether its in-store or at outlets and sells them in asia. there is a completely different market for certain shoes over there vs what they sell for over here which would make you just say wow.

an example... there are some pink non signature jordans that are sold only in kids sizes... sell for a few hundred (not sure the exact number) in asia vs on sale for like 60 over here.

Anyone with early release pairs AND release day pairs want to do a comparison?

I've had both in hand (early pair from marqueesole) at the same time and couldn't tell a difference. Everything matched up from the pod alignment to the carbon fiber. Just wondering if anyone else had comparable opinions.

wow havent seen you post in A WHILE

Snakeskins finally came in
Low life :lol:

View media item 958473

Last edited:

I like that you put quotes around his estimates. Haha. Matt is so out of touch with the sneaker subculture I don't know why people still listens to anything he says. This release felt more like a 500k+ release (kids and men sizes). Whether it was 350k or more JB still didn't make enough if it sold out and people missed out.

Last edited:
Anyone ever use these for outdoor ball? I only wear lows for hoops, just figured I'd see if anyone had experience.

gotta love living just a stones throw from Eastbay disty - both NDC and Eastbay pairs on truck for delivery today....:smokin

All you East Coasters have the benefit of receiving shoes way quicker than us West Coast folks, we have to wait until the end of the week or even the Monday of the next week.

Back
Top Bottom