Air Jordan 11 Retro "Prom Night" QS May 26 2018

images.jpeg
Tried to put this to rest. Geez.
Lol. Naw your right. I was tweakin. I don't usually go on a rant. Smoked too much & was feeling some type of way

I hear you. But I was responding to you saying he "hated" the #45 which just isn't true. You took his quotes out of context which is understandable. Going back to 23 out of superstition does not mean he hated the #45. The significance of the number means more to him than basketball. Saying he hates the number just isn't a true statement, thats all im saying.

I too am from the 80's. Born, raised, & still live in Chicago. I remember those games, we watched them together as a family both on tv & a handful of times in the Madhouse on Madison. I remeber those years, & all the local coverage of MJ's life. I don't know about you but here in Chicago the #45 means something. It's just what it is. It doesn't mean we like it better than 23, that's crazy. It just means we understand the significance. I don't think you'll find a Chicagoan from that era who doesn't have a soft spot & connection to that number. When we remember his comeback, we remeber the #45. We all had that jersey. This city was crazy about that number. It's just ingrained in our memory.

Btw, whose was denying that 23 is his primary number?

nobody denied that 23 was his primary number. homeboy got so worked up, he blindly took us saying 23 was not the OG number as saying 23 was not his primary number.

btw, if people really wanna be super technical, 23 meant nothing special to MJ. 23 is just the number he switched to and wore for the rest of his career. and he only came up with the number 23 because in HS he played on the team with his bro and his bro Larry had the same number so MJ changed his and he took half of 45, which was 22.5 and hence he became 23. 45 was the number that had real sentimental meaning tied to his relationship and love for his father.

https://solecollector.com/news/2015/03/why-michael-jordan-wore-the-number-45

now, with that said, when i think of MJ i also think of 23. 23 is simply more iconic because that the number on his back when he did allllll those great things in his career.

but at the same time, lets not crap on 45 like its not the origin of how 23 came about. if he had wore 44 in HS, ya would be having 22 on yall shoes and jersies and nobody would be talking about 23.

Last edited:
Hey guys, need a favor:

Can you help me out with a legit check on these? Hesitant to make an offer untilI get some feedback. Thanks!

77AC72EF-0C2D-4518-8D8C-B3C6B7FE3643.png 342C668F-53F9-44D7-B5C1-5978D7F4F40F.png 6939D005-AEEF-41BF-9763-BD22B554E1CD.png 23636F85-6551-4ADF-9E22-301BD353E1E8.png

wear some nike elite socks and call it a day. that, or go pay 10 bucks for a size swap at a local spot.

i doubt any1 here will do it.

wear some nike elite socks and call it a day. that, or go pay 10 bucks for a size swap at a local spot.

i doubt any1 here will do it.

I'd pay $10-20 for a size swap right now, if there was anywhere in CO to do so.

StockX after fees for selling my 9.5 would get me $275.63.

StockX to buy the 9 would cost me $377.95 after shipping.

Not sure why the sz9 are $40 more expensive, and after selling fees / shipping, I'm not about to drop $100 just to get my size. Already tried buying a pair off of eBay, and they came in worn / dirty with a ****ed up box, so I had to return.

BDDAD97F-BFA2-42CA-A776-0C50B4A203E1.jpeg
6AEE6500-55F8-47D4-A6B9-7BD7F8EC765D.jpeg
F5D1C398-3A4B-4AF2-923C-2F09103B7B06.jpeg

I’m never wearing these. I almost did yesterday for bday.
I’ve worn mine a few times and love them. Never thought my size 9 would be going for almost $400. These and the game royals were a few surprises im glad I doubled up on

I’ve worn mine a few times and love them. Never thought my size 9 would be going for almost $400. These and the game royals were a few surprises im glad I doubled up on

I bought both these pairs and forgot about the game royals until you just mentioned them. I never realized the game royals shot up in price.

Back
Top Bottom