Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

Myths that should end:
- Thickness of patent cut makes little to no difference and if anything thicker does NOT equate to better from a performance perspective.

- Not all OGs have some super thick slabs that kiddos not even born back when fawn over.

- It is not a "white line" its a raw cut which has been untreated by paint or dye.
That is all.

But wasn't the PL rand around the shoe made for function as well? I thought the rand also was used to add midfoot stability in the shoe, no? If that was the case, then it makes sense that the PL would be thinner this time around because JB is not spending a lot of money in performance aspects of an outdated shoe.

But wasn't the PL rand around the shoe made for function as well? I thought the rand also was used to add midfoot stability in the shoe, no? If that was the case, then it makes sense that the PL would be thinner this time around because JB is not spending a lot of money in performance aspects of an outdated shoe.
While PL thickness does serve purpose the idea is to mold and lockdown the foot in wrap fashion, prelude to Foamposite and Kobe wraps.
The idea is to have a shoe which is an extension of the player, from a stability dominate perspective there comes a point where too much negatively impacts that connection.
Take for instance gloves, if i actually want to feel what im crafting a thick glove wont do however too thin would breakdown prematurely so a happy medium would be say a 6mil.
Its durable it conforms and is just thick enough to get some solid wear in prior to any signs of over stretching or breakdown. I also connect that to what i mentioned in that not all OG96s had thick cuts my 2019s actually have a thicker cut than my Taiwan OGs.
Could it be cost saving?
By weight id agree but i dont believe unless were talking paper thin here which ive yet to see that the choice to aim for thin is strictly cost regulated.

I still have mine after 4 years.
IMG_4773.JPG
IMG_4774.JPG

I only wear them with this jacket honestly. They should last me a long time that way. I just don't have a need to wear them often for some reason, especially since I have a lot of other things.
IMG_4771.JPG

I think they're skimming on PL cut for cost reasons. I was saying the shape on these weren't perfect until Concords came around but NT loves the legendary SJ XI.

This is why incremental updates to this whole line is trash. Now you finally have your OGs and they don't look alike :lol:

Last edited:
I just realized a previous post of mine was somewhat incomplete with the pictures, so I'm posting revised photos now.
IMG_5616.JPG
IMG_5617.JPG
IMG_5618.JPG
IMG_5619.JPG
IMG_5620.JPG
IMG_5621.JPG

I recall this was the first release I got through the FLX app reservation system in December 2016 that was established sometime that year. I remember getting these on release day from the South Bay Galleria Champs.

Last edited:
I'm contemplating wearing these with the purple Lakers Kobe Bryant #8 jersey to emulate the way the Lakers wore black shoes with some purple on them to go with their purple uniform on the road in the '90s up until the time the NBA decided to allow players the freedom to wear any color shoes during the last decade.

It's a '90s jersey and some '90s shoes, so I'm staying within the timeline with both. The shoes obviously have small hints of purple on the tongue and rear sides.

I don't really see peeps wearing retro Jordans, especially the XI, with an authentic Kobe jersey of any kind. Perhaps I can be different with this set.

I'm also maintaining my F Adidas stance this way because they're a piece of 💩 brand. Adidas shoes are on the same level as piece of 💩 swingman or replica jerseys. I don't care that Kobe wore Adidas, so I'd rather substitute with these. Even if Adidas was somehow able to miraculously rehash the models that Kobe wore, I still refuse to wear that brand.

Would these shoes go right with the Kobe rookie year jersey?
IMG_5625.JPG
IMG_5629.JPG

I'm contemplating wearing these with the purple Lakers Kobe Bryant #8 jersey to emulate the way the Lakers wore black shoes with some purple on them to go with their purple uniform on the road in the '90s up until the time the NBA decided to allow players the freedom to wear any color shoes during the last decade.

It's a '90s jersey and some '90s shoes, so I'm staying within the timeline with both. The shoes obviously have small hints of purple on the tongue and rear sides.

I don't really see peeps wearing retro Jordans, especially the XI, with an authentic Kobe jersey of any kind. Perhaps I can be different with this set.

I'm also maintaining my F Adidas stance this way because they're a piece of 💩 brand. Adidas shoes are on the same level as piece of 💩 swingman or replica jerseys. I don't care that Kobe wore Adidas, so I'd rather substitute with these. Even if Adidas was somehow able to miraculously rehash the models that Kobe wore, I still refuse to wear that brand.

Would these shoes go right with the Kobe rookie year jersey?
IMG_5625.JPG
IMG_5629.JPG
Absolutely wont be the first nor the last, your talking the essential
Student and Teacher.
Master pupil and Sensei.
1st and 2nd to ever play the game.
Media would like to sell a different story to kids surrounding synthetic greats but nothing for those who lived to witness it could ever sever the link between Jordan and Kobe.
To answer it simply there could never be an issue in pairing Js with Kobe jerseys because it just makes sense.

Absolutely wont be the first nor the last, your talking the essential
Student and Teacher.
Master pupil and Sensei.
1st and 2nd to ever play the game.
Media would like to sell a different story to kids surrounding synthetic greats but nothing for those who lived to witness it could ever sever the link between Jordan and Kobe.
To answer it simply there could never be an issue in pairing Js with Kobe jerseys because it just makes sense.

Thanks for the unique feedback.

And it's *you're

Back
Top Bottom