AIR JORDAN 12 “BLACK NYLON” - 9.10.16

314cd47.jpg

2h6zipz.jpg

2cmrgwl.jpg

Last edited:
how do people think these are going to sell ?

i could have picked a pair up yesterday for $240.00 but i don't feel like spending the extra $32.00

how do people think these are going to sell ?

i could have picked a pair up yesterday for $240.00 but i don't feel like spending the extra $32.00
I think these are going to sell out! These are kind of dope, the black leather looks nice might cop! Still have my Jordan 1 bred money[emoji]128514[/emoji]

If these are waterproof then I see absolutely no issue in keeping the black clean. White bottoms on the other hand is something else, but that's why you rotate kicks.

These may be my new winter beaters (last year was the Aqua 8s). I just have that feeling that these will sell out quicker than expected because it's a 12 and from far away, it almost looks like the playoff colorway...

I'm just going to keep an eye out on these. Just want to see how they look after a couple of wears on feet.

These may be my new winter beaters (last year was the Aqua 8s). I just have that feeling that these will sell out quicker than expected because it's a 12 and from far away, it almost looks like the playoff colorway...

After seeing the new nike pics, I was just thinking they should have done them like playoffs. They don't look terrible, but the white outsole just looks out of place to me. Besides that, the black "leather" wrap on em looks stiff. But I think they'll still sell pretty good as well.. Even the greys sold through over time. Seems there's not a 12 that's safe anymore.

I usually go with posites as a rainy day shoe, so I like the idea of an almost all black retro that can be used specifically for rainy days; I feel like JB doesn't have much that is geared towards that. I would def wear this shoe.

That said, I feel fairly confident these will hit outlets looking at the launch locators. The supply is way up and the demand with these are relatively low. Add in a non-OG colorway, the $190 price tag (200+ out the door), and the idea that there are plenty of releases the casual consumer would rank over these coming out over the final quarter of the year, and that is usually a recipe for a shoe to hit outlets.

I think even in the worse case scenario, you won't have to rush to get these. I think it's highly unlikely the value surges on these anytime soon, MAYBE you have to pay $20-$30 extra on top a year or so from now. Even that seems unlikely when you compare them to retros based on og colorways like white/infrared 6s and Hare 7s (just to name a few), which are 1-2 years old and you can get them for $20-$30 above retail (and that might be modest).

You will have time to let the dust settle on these and figure out whether you really like them after watching how they respond to wears, etc. Jordan Brand is just releasing too many shoes (and new Nike outlets are popping up everywhere) to bet on anything that's not an OG and/or isn't limited to NOT the outlets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom