AIR JORDAN 12 Cherry Holiday 2023 - Release October 28, 2023 - Good Luck!!!

Just rock them around the house like I mostly will :rofl:
Right, spoonmanofthehour spoonmanofthehour ?
This will be you in your Cherry 12s…
0C24DE0B-0307-47A6-8162-F497EB3C8256.jpeg

The whole debate was fun to watch. I get both sides because as a 22 year old that didn't see MJ play live in the mid 80s to late 90s, all I've got are recordings of those games that fans have uploaded on YouTube. In regards to the shoes, a popular nickname tends to be the thing that people in my age group use/think of most when describing a Jordan shoe and that's fine. I used to be the same. Then I found this place 10 years ago and have been immersed in the history of the sneakers ever since. So now, due to my newfound understanding and appreciation of MJ, Tinker and the significance of the sneakers and what they represent in regards to MJ and basketball history, and MY own desire to be accurate when conversing about the shoes, I simply call them Dark Charcoals/Playoff 7s just like I'd call "Bred" 11s Playoffs or Black/Reds.

Regardless though, nicknames are here to stay and as we continue to grow even further removed from MJ's playing days, the usage of nicknames will increase. Dont help that Nike themselves also perpetuate the usage of them. (I.e. them marketing the 2019 Black Cement 4s as "Bread/Bred" 4s, etc.) These 12s will more than likely be marketed as Cherry 12s, the '85 Black/White 1s coming out soon will likely be called Pandas, and so on so forth. Real fans know the real names, even if some choose to use the modern nicknames some colorways have been given.

Bruh, that’s because the vast majority of “sneaker heads” today are CASUAL heads, just like yourself. And just like any industry, it’s going to target the majority. Casual heads don’t know or care that those 7s were out years before the Toronto NBA team existed. Most people call them raptors, and most people are wrong. An opinion does not become a fact just because it’s popular, or held by the majority.

And to act as if SX or Goat have some type of authority on naming rights :lol:
QFT

So are these confirmed to release this year? I ask because I remember reading that the Cherry 13s were also releasing this year or were those scrapped in favor of these?
There's a lot of coverage already on the 12s from people who tend to know these things and it seems pretty locked in.

Ya never know with these though lol

The 13s are not the OG colorway. It's a new one. Mostly white and grey with a little bit of red.

I remember i had OG's as a kid and I had replaced the shoes laces with white flats that had the nike shwoosh across the laces on both sides.
Haven't owned another pair since..Count me in.

I remember i had OG's as a kid and I had replaced the shoes laces with white flats that had the nike shwoosh across the laces on both sides.
Haven't owned another pair since..Count me in.
I had horrible Black/Red 2 tone laces in my OG Black/Red 12s. To be fair, I was 13 years old.

I now have the correct laces in them lol.

These will have specs closest to the originals according to this one.

Yeah, Sure they will

They will. Its gonna be shaped exactly like the playoff last year was. But if they were to somehow accidentally puff out the sides of the shoe like it should be, :pimp: :pimp:

Playoffs were a solid release for sure…If they get these on par with that pair, and have the correct shade of red then multiples are mandatory…

Yeah exactly, Nike said the same BS about the playoffs. Those were a decent release but still a fair sight off the OG in terms of the overall shape. Every time I see someone wearing them, I notice how slim they look. I assume these white/reds will be the same, which is good enough for me at this point because I don't have a choice. But I'm not believing a single thing Nike or JB says about them being true to the OGs :lol:

Yeah exactly, Nike said the same BS about the playoffs. Those were a decent release but still a fair sight off the OG in terms of the overall shape. Every time I see someone wearing them, I notice how slim they look. I assume these white/reds will be the same, which is good enough for me at this point because I don't have a choice. But I'm not believing a single thing Nike or JB says about them being true to the OGs :lol:
This. We’ve grown used to so many years (decades) of butchered shapes of the 12 retro releases that we’ve kinda forgot how chunky the originals were. The toe boxes. The thickness. All I have seen is mostly flattened molds and ridiculous toes. I still gotta have faith tho

Closest to OG huh? So closer than the '09s were? Because that's the only other retro :lol:

Wait, didn't that zsneaker... page claim the Columbias or Gammas were dropping? That tells me they don't have any REAL sources.

In all seriousness, I do HOPE we see some improvements to the shape of the 12.

To be fair he never claimed it to my knowledge. I think all his posts were what would you wanna see cause those two were the most talked about for this year. His info is far more right than wrong. Same with the Sneakerfiles dude.

Why tf y'all talking about 7s so much? Why'd I even come in here lol

Back
Top Bottom