AIR JORDAN 12 RETRO - OBSIDIAN/WHITE/FRENCH BLUE/UNIVERSITY BLUE - 130690-410 - CONFIRMED 6/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by cedb713

Originally Posted by Sikwiidit04

^^ QFT We have new member boppers reigster everyday. They clearly don't know what they're talking about.

^^ THANKS,FAM. I JUST GET TIRED OF SEEIN' JIBBERISH FROM THESE YOUNGSTAS HERE... LOL! HOLLA...CED B.

Oh man lemme tell ya. When I 1st read that crazy remark that goon made about poor man's playoffs, I bout sh#t a brick. It made me feel a certain type of way. So much that I had to log on and reply to it. I was like this
mad.gif
mad.gif
 for real. I was in line behind some young punks yesterday morning and i just listened as they were talkin about which jordans they got/want etc. I was just rolling my eyes and makin rude comments in my head bcuz they just sound like a virgin who just had sex for the 1st time or 2 and think they Ron Jeremy or somebody.

Originally Posted by illest35

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Originally Posted by ROBPZEE612

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
@some of you guys just discovering the hash lacing style.

This.

And another thing...Idk bout other folks, but i was comparing these to the OG's yesterday and I'm very tempted to grab a navy blue marker and fill in the carolina blue 23 with it.

After comparing them to my OGs I have no problem with that change. I always felt just a tad bit more uni. blue was needed. Im not a fan of the chrome eyelets, but it's not big deal. My only issue with the retro is a part of the shoe you can't see and that's the color of the carbon fiber.

Where is air-jordans.com when you need them. Some of you guys can definitely go for a history lesson on Jordans, and I'm not just referring to some of the things said about this particular retro.

Yes i agree, some of them do need a history lesson. Not me, Im a vet. Dnt let the low post count fool ya. And thats only if u were including me in that statement. As I stated in the same post u quoted or the one b4 it, I dnt have a prob with the chrome lace loops. But I still think i may change my uni blue 23 to navy blue, and thats if I have 1 laying around here somewhere. Not gonna go buy 1 just to do it though. IMO 
I think it just looks better. Specially since blue is my fav color.

You're good fam, wasn't referring to you. And blue is my favorite color too. I like the light blue colors more than dark or navy. Royal tops all.

ANYONE WHO KEEPS SAYIN' THAT THESE ARE "FAKE PLAYOFFS" OR A "POOR MAN'S VERSION" OF THE PLAYOFFS ARE OBVIOUSLY NOOBS... HOW CAN THESE BE A "COPYCAT" OF THE PLAYOFFS, WHEN THESE ORIGINALLY CAME OUT WAY BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS DID? THE OBSIDIANS CAME OUT IN JAN. '97, AND THE PLAYOFFS DROPPED A WHOLE 4 MONTHS LATER IN MAY '97, JUST IN TIME FOR... U GUESSED IT... THE PLAYOFFS! SO, IF ANYTHING. THE PLAYOFFS ARE THE "POOR MANS" VERSION OF THE OBSIDIANS. STRAIGHT UP. HOLLA...

CED B.

Most of these kids weren't even around to see MJ play, let alone remember these shoes releasing.
They just buy Jordan's because it's the cool thing to do. It has nothing to do with MJ or what he accomplished in a certain shoe.

They just look at the colors and how the hype is and they go based off that. If it doesn't sell out instant, than it's not as hot as the previous colorway.

^^ QFT We have new member boppers reigster everyday. They clearly don't know what they're talking about.

^^ THANKS,FAM. I JUST GET TIRED OF SEEIN' JIBBERISH FROM THESE YOUNGSTAS HERE... LOL! HOLLA...CED B.

Oh man lemme tell ya. When I 1st read that crazy remark that goon made about poor man's playoffs, I bout sh#t a brick. It made me feel a certain type of way. So much that I had to log on and reply to it. I was like this
mad.gif
mad.gif
 for real. I was in line behind some young punks yesterday morning and i just listened as they were talkin about which jordans they got/want etc. I was just rolling my eyes and makin rude comments in my head bcuz they just sound like a virgin who just had sex for the 1st time or 2 and think they Ron Jeremy or somebody.

^^ I FEEL YA,HOMIE. AND SEE, THAT'S WHAT'S REALLY WRONG WITH THE GAME NOW... YOU GOT CATS BUYIN' KICKS WITH NO TRUE LOVE OR KNOWLEDGE FOR THE THINGS THEY COLLECT( HELL, MOST OF 'EM DON'T EVEN LIKE THE SHOES THAT THEY LINE UP FOR HOURS TO BUY, THEY BUY THEM 'CAUSE EVERYONE ELSE THINKS THE SHOE IS "HOT",A.K.A. "HYPE".) I'M NOT DOWNIN' ALL OF THE YOUNGSTAS FOR THIS, BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY U CAN'T CONTROLL WHEN U WERE BORN...BUT, MY THING IS IF YOU'RE GONNA SPEND THAT MUCH TIME,EFFORT, AND MONEY ON COLLECTIN' KICKS, U SHOULD AT LEAST HAVE A GENERAL KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT U ARE INVESTING IN,YA FEEL ME? BUT HEY, WHAT DO I KNOW? LOL... I'M JUST DROPPIN' MY 2¢. HOLLA...CED B.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

ANYONE WHO KEEPS SAYIN' THAT THESE ARE "FAKE PLAYOFFS" OR A "POOR MAN'S VERSION" OF THE PLAYOFFS ARE OBVIOUSLY NOOBS... HOW CAN THESE BE A "COPYCAT" OF THE PLAYOFFS, WHEN THESE ORIGINALLY CAME OUT WAY BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS DID? THE OBSIDIANS CAME OUT IN JAN. '97, AND THE PLAYOFFS DROPPED A WHOLE 4 MONTHS LATER IN MAY '97, JUST IN TIME FOR... U GUESSED IT... THE PLAYOFFS! SO, IF ANYTHING. THE PLAYOFFS ARE THE "POOR MANS" VERSION OF THE OBSIDIANS. STRAIGHT UP. HOLLA...

CED B.

Most of these kids weren't even around to see MJ play, let alone remember these shoes releasing.
They just buy Jordan's because it's the cool thing to do. It has nothing to do with MJ or what he accomplished in a certain shoe.

They just look at the colors and how the hype is and they go based off that. If it doesn't sell out instant, than it's not as hot as the previous colorway.
SMH @ the evolution of the sneaker culture. But it is what it is.

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by ballerchild

What happened to all the sizes on SNS!?

they are likely just selling what is left over from their store.

Damn, I was counting on them to get my double up since they came out to below retail with my 15% off coupon.

mad.gif
mad.gif

^^ I FEEL YA,HOMIE. AND SEE, THAT'S WHAT'S REALLY WRONG WITH THE GAME NOW... YOU GOT CATS BUYIN' KICKS WITH NO TRUE LOVE OR KNOWLEDGE FOR THE THINGS THEY COLLECT( HELL, MOST OF 'EM DON'T EVEN LIKE THE SHOES THAT THEY LINE UP FOR HOURS TO BUY, THEY BUY THEM 'CAUSE EVERYONE ELSE THINKS THE SHOE IS "HOT",A.K.A. "HYPE".) I'M NOT DOWNIN' ALL OF THE YOUNGSTAS FOR THIS, BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY U CAN'T CONTROL WHEN U WERE BORN...BUT, MY THING IS IF YOU'RE GONNA SPEND THAT MUCH TIME,EFFORT, AND MONEY ON COLLECTIN' KICKS, U SHOULD AT LEAST HAVE A GENERAL KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT U ARE INVESTING IN,YA FEEL ME? BUT HEY, WHAT DO I KNOW? LOL... I'M JUST DROPPIN' MY 2¢. HOLLA...CED B.

This.

After comparing them to my OGs I have no problem with that change. I always felt just a tad bit more uni. blue was needed. Im not a fan of the chrome eyelets, but it's not big deal. My only issue with the retro is a part of the shoe you can't see and that's the color of the carbon fiber.

Where is air-jordans.com when you need them. Some of you guys can definitely go for a history lesson on Jordans, and I'm not just referring to some of the things said about this particular retro.

Yes i agree, some of them do need a history lesson. Not me, Im a vet. Dnt let the low post count fool ya. And thats only if u were including me in that statement. As I stated in the same post u quoted or the one b4 it, I dnt have a prob with the chrome lace loops. But I still think i may change my uni blue 23 to navy blue, and thats if I have 1 laying around here somewhere. Not gonna go buy 1 just to do it though. IMO 
I think it just looks better. Specially since blue is my fav color.

You're good fam, wasn't referring to you. And blue is my favorite color too. I like the light blue colors more than dark or navy. Royal tops all.

Word. Im more for the darker/navy blues. Go tarheels tho!!!!! And as for the lacing thing, not gonna front, never seen it done on 12s. If I have, I have surely forgotten. I stopped changing lace patterns a hot while ago(years), but must say that that style is on point. Does bring out the two 3 a whole lot though. Good stuff.

Glad this was an easy cop for most compated to previous retros. I honestly thought it would be much harder. Didnt those fugly wolf greys sell out faster? Anyway 130 cop from the NEX and I WILL be bringing my receipt back for another 20% off when NIKEs go on sale haha.

mad.gif
mad.gif

^^ I FEEL YA,HOMIE. AND SEE, THAT'S WHAT'S REALLY WRONG WITH THE GAME NOW... YOU GOT CATS BUYIN' KICKS WITH NO TRUE LOVE OR KNOWLEDGE FOR THE THINGS THEY COLLECT( HELL, MOST OF 'EM DON'T EVEN LIKE THE SHOES THAT THEY LINE UP FOR HOURS TO BUY, THEY BUY THEM 'CAUSE EVERYONE ELSE THINKS THE SHOE IS "HOT",A.K.A. "HYPE".) I'M NOT DOWNIN' ALL OF THE YOUNGSTAS FOR THIS, BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY U CAN'T CONTROL WHEN U WERE BORN...BUT, MY THING IS IF YOU'RE GONNA SPEND THAT MUCH TIME,EFFORT, AND MONEY ON COLLECTIN' KICKS, U SHOULD AT LEAST HAVE A GENERAL KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT U ARE INVESTING IN,YA FEEL ME? BUT HEY, WHAT DO I KNOW? LOL... I'M JUST DROPPIN' MY 2¢. HOLLA...CED B.

Oh Jesus, couldnt agree more. Cant control the era in which u were hatched, but like u said, at least know some history etc if youre gonna be collecting and camping out for jordans. And also while I was in line at footaction listening to the youngins jibber, I began chatting with the pretty young thang that came up behind me to wait. So that saved me from throwing one of those chaps off the 2nd floor LOL. Really wanted to holla but she said she had a bf, and hell, my gf was waiting in line at Finish Line(1st in line at that!!!!!!) so I bit my tongue. So much that I almost bit it off.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EndoftheRoad

Originally Posted by ChetterBear01

*sigh* missed out on SNS, waiting for that finishline restock now

when we will know their would be are stock??

not sure if/when they will restock but they had them for the last few releases. I follow @kicksdeals on twitter and keep my eyes peeled here, people post when they go up. that's how I was able to get the playoffs

And it doesnt help that JB is giving out pairs to every celeb now. I mean I go click the celebrity sneaker watch on ISS, and Im just smdh. Everybody from freakin rita ora to rob kardashian to kim k. to some other goons that have NOBODYS business with them on their feet has em on. Even those Jersey Shore goons are rockin Js. And not just Js, rockin some heat. Like *+@ yall know about this game? And it trickles down to these young folks that see this mess and everything is an even bigger mess. And btw, when I look at celeb sneak watch, is it just me, or does Joe Budden have a freakin personal photographer? This cat stay posing with kicks on. With the same serious look, and those ridiculous shades on, and that ridiculous facial hair thing he has goin on and bald head. Lookin like Max Payne Lol. But Wale stay tight. Rihanna needs to stop. Teyana Taylor stays in the playoff 12s, change it up plz. And then u got Jay-Z. Now thats my dude and all, but wasnt he the one who did the whole button-up grown man thing years ago? I guess as he gets older, he needs to dress younger to stay relevant? IDK..They all forget how to dress when they get that big doe. IDK, Im just venting I guess. Im done.
grin.gif

you cats talking about the youngins and how the culture is changing, and holla this, holla that, are straigt corny. Sound like my grandfather and his friends sitting around talking about walking 10 miles to and from school in snow when they were kids.

Quit it. I'm probably older than all of yall but you guys sound silly.

Originally Posted by casper90403

you cats talking about the youngins and how the culture is changing, and holla this, holla that, are straigt corny. Sound like my grandfather and his friends sitting around talking about walking 10 miles to and from school in snow when they were kids.

Quit it. I'm probably older than all of yall but you guys sound silly.

Lol. Well since youre probably maybe older than everybody in here, shouldnt u be taking a nap? Why are u here? No, since youre probably maybe older, dont u think the more mature, wiser thing to do would be to ignore us younger than u but not so young bucks and mind your biz? Dnt mean to offend, but hey, u opened the can of worms.
What do u want to talk about Casper? You have the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom