Air Jordan 12 University Gold- July 24, 2020

I'm contemplating picking up my FNL reservation. I'm thinking of letting them go for retail to a NTer who wasn't able to get em. It's a 10.5 btw
I hope you picked them up to get Status points and potentially used a WC or Status reward on them.

I won the raffle at a Foot Locker closer to my home (Orangeburg), so I decided to secure that pair instead the pair I won at Finish Line (Charleston)

0BD77C47-97E6-4AEB-8D81-F50B7942B636.jpeg
Can you post pics of your fit when you rock them?

Anyone else have any pics after using mink oil? And do you have to keep reapplying to keep the look of the other 12s
I’d also like to see what the shoe looks like after mink or any oil.
There’s no way it’s going to look better.
It will indeed look fine but the complaints of “ashy” hide are unwarranted, shoe looks much better as is.
The dull look is way sexier.

You can't say it hasn't impacted the game. There's a reason every sneaker chart on StockX looks like this one for the Bred IVs

97OmE6S.png

You can see the moment that prices and sales start going ham is the moment those stimulus checks start to hit and people start getting approved for that unemployment +600. They keep trying to correlate it to "The Last Dance". That aint start airing until 4/19. People was already collecting grails with that bread, and resellers was already going raising prices by that point.

It's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm just saying to deny that a lot of people went from "I like Jays but I can't afford to have them" to grabbing all the new joints and catching up on all the stuff the missed is kind of sidestepping the obvious.
So do you think we should see a decline in sneaker prices and volume now that people have spent their stimulus check and the federal unemployment benefits ended?

So do you think we should see a decline in sneaker prices and volume now that people have spent their stimulus check and the federal unemployment benefits ended?

Not quite RIGHT now, but soon. I say that because there will be a second stimulus package and an extension on enhanced UI benefits. It all depends on what the terms of that are, and how long the gov is planning on extending.

If the gov cut that +$600/week down to +$200 and only through September like the republicans want to do, and then start letting landlords collect their money, then YES hella people about to start coming off extra sneakers, and all that undercutting will pop this sneaker bubble.

This week is a good time to shoot some lowball "highest bid" offers on StockX and GOAT. All while this is the first week without +$600 UI, and no extension has been officially announced. Just yesterday I was able to come up on those Orange Yeezy 700 MNVNs for $100 under the current "Lowest Ask" on Stock X. Essentially pre-covid prices because people's rent is due this week and they don't got that additional $600 magically appearing in their account.

Not quite RIGHT now, but soon. I say that because there will be a second stimulus package and an extension on enhanced UI benefits. It all depends on what the terms of that are, and how long the gov is planning on extending.

If the gov cut that +$600/week down to +$200 and only through September like the republicans want to do, and then start letting landlords collect their money, then YES hella people about to start coming off extra sneakers, and all that undercutting will pop this sneaker bubble.

This week is a good time to shoot some lowball "highest bid" offers on StockX and GOAT. All while this is the first week without +$600 UI, and no extension has been officially announced. Just yesterday I was able to come up on those Orange Yeezy 700 MNVNs for $100 under the current "Lowest Ask" on Stock X. Essentially pre-covid prices because people's rent is due this week and they don't got that additional $600 magically appearing in their account.

Dunno if all that will necessarily halt bots killing online sales and FLX still sucking *** tho

Dunno if all that will necessarily halt bots killing online sales and FLX still sucking *** tho

Cant speak to FLX lol but I will say this about the bots and resellers

All its going to take is one or two GR releases that "easy money" look like its drying up and your casual reseller who was selling Nintendo Switches and webcams earlier this summer then switched over to GR Jordans will go back to the drawing board to look for more lucrative investments

There's a difference between them and "sneaker investors" who are willing to do long holds, and wait 5 months for a shoe to appreciate $75 to $100. These casual resellers came into sneakers because they saw a market where every GR Jordan coming out for $180 and immediately jumping up to $325 in a world where A LOT more people than ever got a disposable $325 burning a hole in their pocket. Soon as that's not the case anymore, you gonna lose a lot of the leaches.

That's not to say that every release is going to be SUPER easy after that, because you will still have the OG botters/sneaker investors eating up stock, and of course the leaches will come back for every super hype release (Off White, Limited Dunks, Yeezy) but it won't be as hectic as EVERY SINGLE GR Jordan loading up OOS on every footsite. I'll even go as far as saying some GR Jordans will start sitting again as people prioritize big money releases again

That's not to say that every release is going to be SUPER easy after that, because you will still have the OG botters/sneaker investors eating up stock, and of course the leaches will come back for every super hype release (Off White, Limited Dunks, Yeezy) but it won't be as hectic as EVERY SINGLE GR Jordan loading up OOS on every footsite. I'll even go as far as saying some GR Jordans will start sitting again as people prioritize big money releases again
Naw as long as covid is causing shipping delays this will continue

That's the big problem.....stores aren't getting their entire stock so lots of us are losing when we maybe wouldn't during normal times.
Dude dont understand that, it will be like this for the foreseeable future...i got time but not goin to stores after release date seein if they got late shipmemts im good on that... it's not a surprise we aint hittin at least 1 pair on general releases on the flx apps, when before covid hit it was the other way around i kno itll be back to normal but theres no idea when

yea bots eatin
Sure it's easy to for me to assume, but you'd think they'd divert more resources to the estores.
Unless this part of the plan

I saw someone say earlier they wanted to hit their pair with some mink oil so I did it myself because I prefer the shiny black on my 12s and they came out clean. Left one shoe without the mink oil so people could see for comparison purposes, right pair obviously being the one I did first. Took like 2 minutes and all you need is mink oil and a shine brush
45835CF0-23D2-4E88-8C55-711D1A1078F1.jpeg
How are they holding up? Any pics of them one the mink oil has dried up?

How are they holding up? Any pics of them one the mink oil has dried up?

I haven't worn em yet but they faded already in the box. But that's how mink oil is so I didn't expect long term shine. I've used it on leather boots in the past and it's something you gotta reapply every 3-4 days to keep that shine. Which is probably why a container costs like $6 lol

Back
Top Bottom