Air Jordan 13 "Flint" May 30, 2020

for me, I wear EVERY sneaker I own. I don’t worry about sole protectors, crease stoppers, shoe cleaning kits. They’re sneakers. They’re supposed to be worn. Like a car is meant to be driven. But I owned the OG’s. And the quality/shape/color are ALL equally important to me. I can deal with certain things I.e. the red jumpman on the shadow X retro was almost maroon instead of infrared. But the quality/shape was extremely close to the OG. The lines on the shoe were almost spot on. Not a complaint. Certain numbers jb does right. And the XIII’s just hasn’t been one of them. Look how many years of complaints it to to get the shape/quality/patent leather cut on the XI right! I own from ‘10 on. And the last 2 concords are night and day! Wearing them next to each other I feel like JB got me lol. But the XIII retros have been garbage and it’s far enough away from the OG that’s it’s basically not the same sneaker anymore to someone who owned multiple colorways of the OG XIII’s when they came out.

It IS the same sneaker but you just have an unrealistic fantasy expectation that they should literally and figuratively be the SAME sneaker that released in 1998. This way of thinking is ridiculous and a miserable way to look at it. You just don’t get it. These shoes are just retros man. They’re made for nostalgia purposes and apparently you just don’t understand that. You should be greatful that JB even makes retros to allow the opportunity to relive owning these Jordan’s from our past. The entitlement in here sometimes is just nauseating man.

Last edited:
It IS the same sneaker but you just have an unrealistic fantasy expectation that they should literally and figuratively be the SAME sneaker that released in 1998. This way of thinking is ridiculous and a miserable way to look at it. You just don’t get it. These shoes are just retros man. They’re made for nostalgia purposes and apparently you just don’t understand that. You should be greatful that JB even makes retros to allow the opportunity to relive owning these Jordan’s from our past. The entitlement in here sometimes is just nauseating man.
Lol ORRRRR you’re just as complacent as the rest of the sheep willing to throw their money away on garbage because it reminds us of our childhood. You got it twisted bro. N O N E of us need to be thankful to NIKE OR JB. It’s ACTUALLY the other way around.... WE MAKE THEM WHO THEY ARE. OUR dollars are the reason they make retros. Without us, Nike nor jb are ****. It’s #MYMONEY. I go to work and trade my time for money. That’s how MOST of the world works. Therefore I AM ENTITLED to expect a product to be worth the money paid. Hence the phrase “you get what you pay for”. If AF1’s weren’t $90 I’d complain about how ****ty the synthetic leather they use is compared to the real leather we used to get. We’re paying a premium for half *** products most of the time.

Last edited:
Yea, I’m not thankin JB or Nike for selling me products. They didn’t give it to me for free. Thank you to all the complainers.....people that create petitions...etc. They are ones that put the steam behind getting these more true to OG. Nike and JB would sell you thong sandals with a logo for $400 if they could get away with it. We gotta start appreciating the true OGs man.

I wouldn’t call people that praise Nike/JB sheep though. That’s not nice...

Lol ORRRRR you’re just as complacent as the rest of the sheep willing to throw their money away on garbage because it reminds us of our childhood. You got it twisted bro. N O N E of us need to be thankful to NIKE OR JB. It’s ACTUALLY the other way around.... WE MAKE THEM WHO THEY ARE. OUR dollars are the reason they make retros. Without us, Nike nor jb are ****. It’s #MYMONEY. I go to work and trade my time for money. That’s how MOST of the world works. Therefore I AM ENTITLED to expect a product to be worth the money paid. Hence the phrase “you get what you pay for”. If AF1’s weren’t $90 I’d complain about how ****ty the synthetic leather they use is compared to the real leather we used to get. We’re paying a premium for half *** products most of the time.
If you honestly believe that you aren’t getting value in Jordan Brand’s products, then you shouldn't buy Jordan Brand products. You sound like a complete fool by saying this and, at the same time, saying that you intend to buy these. If you want what you perceive to be better value in materials at a lower price point, then go buy New Balance and Under Armor and see how they compare.

I just don’t understand the disconnect that you’re having here. You aren’t being forced to buy JB’s retros against your will. It’s as if you’re complaining that someone is actively depriving you of a constitutional right, and yet you don’t do anything about it and don’t want to do anything about it, except to complain that nobody else wants to do anything about it.

Yea, I’m not thankin JB or Nike for selling me products. They didn’t give it to me for free. Thank you to all the complainers.....people that create petitions...etc. They are ones that put the steam behind getting these more true to OG. Nike and JB would sell you thong sandals with a logo for $400 if they could get away with it. We gotta start appreciating the true OGs man.

I’m not singling anyone out. BUT, if you’re not a part of the solution, you are apart of the problem. And if you’re one of those people willing to throw your money away on garbage and perpetuate the cycle, you’re a 🐑.

If you honestly believe that you aren’t getting value in Jordan Brand’s products, then you shouldn't buy Jordan Brand products. You sound like a complete fool by saying this and, at the same time, saying that you intend to buy these. If you want what you perceive to be better value in materials at a lower price point, then go buy New Balance and Under Armor and see how they compare.

I just don’t understand the disconnect that you’re having here. You aren’t being forced to buy JB’s retros against your will. It’s as if you’re complaining that someone is actively depriving you of a constitutional right, and yet you don’t do anything about it and don’t want to do anything about it, except to complain that nobody else wants to do anything about it.
Lol... I a m n o t p u r c h a s I n g t h e m. W h a t m o r e p r o a c t I o n c a n I t a k e. T h I s I s a f o r u m w h e r e b o t h n e g a t I v e a n d p o s I t I v e o p I n I o n s c a n b e s h a r e d. Just in case you needed me to SPELLitOUTforYOU

You’re preaching to the choir about appreciating the OGs. That’s all I’ve ever been about but to what extent? They’re never going to be exact copies of the OG. They never have been. Even the ones that we feel are made closer to the OG like the 11s and 10s is still off in many ways if you want to get extremely technical which is a sport for a lot of these guys. Like I said it’s a miserable way to think because there’s never going to be any satisfaction in that. Complaining for the most part seems to be is just the thing to do on NT these days. Starting in ‘05 they changed the color to flint blue and the tongue lining and next to nobody batted an eye and many hold the ‘05 in high regard. To me by simple default the 2020 is “closer“ to the OG than the ‘05 for sake of using the correct navy instead of flint blue and OG box. For anyone that’s pissed about these, you must have been pissed for the last 15 years (not 10). Because they’ve been different from the OG since the very first retro in ‘05.

Last edited:
I’m not singling anyone out. BUT, if you’re not a part of the solution, you are apart of the problem. And if you’re one of those people willing to throw your money away on garbage and perpetuate the cycle, you’re a 🐑.

So to you we’re ALL sheep because we’re copping these “garbage” shoes? Got ya lol.

Hello, I’m really excited to purchase this shoe. Is that ok to say?
NO! You damned...
1590777423334.gif

I’ve always wanted to rock similar kicks to the 🐐, unknowingly became the wrong animal since the 90’s

If you’re not happy with the product and have complaints that’s fine and your entitled to your opinion. But to call everyone that is happy with it sheep is overboard. Everyone will have different opinions or reasons they like or dislike something, and to Talk down or call names because opinions differ is just childish. If you’re unhappy with these shoes then state your opinion and keep it moving. No reason to stick around in a thread for a shoe that you don’t want.

If you’re not happy with the product and have complaints that’s fine and your entitled to your opinion. But to call everyone that is happy with it sheep is overboard. Everyone will have different opinions or reasons they like or dislike something, and to Talk down or call names because opinions differ is just childish. If you’re unhappy with these shoes then state your opinion and keep it moving. No reason to stick around in a thread for a shoe that you don’t want.

100% this

How are people liking the FLX reserve system or whatever? This is my first release using this and I miss the old way.
FLX is trash compared to old VIP. I used to hit decently with 10m head start. I refuse to use my points to boost head starts unless I absolutely NEED a shoe. Paying to boost head starts is such a downgrade from the old system.

Not to mention no $10, $20 rewards anymore.

Spot on. I like this dude.

Isn‘t it funny JB can put out a good retro when they want to. They need to get back to the drawing board on the XIII. If anybody saw those Atmosphere Grey XIII's in person you’d know JB falls very short on the XIII from what it used to be.

Lol... I a m n o t p u r c h a s I n g t h e m. W h a t m o r e p r o a c t I o n c a n I t a k e. T h I s I s a f o r u m w h e r e b o t h n e g a t I v e a n d p o s I t I v e o p I n I o n s c a n b e s h a r e d. Just in case you needed me to SPELLitOUTforYOU

That was a lot of work.

Well said.

Back
Top Bottom