Air Jordan 13 "Flint" May 30, 2020

Ok, so I see both sides of the coin here.

1. Jordan Brand does **** up on these retros. People who know the originals are entitled to dislike the retros if they don't live up to their expectations. The retros between 2006 to 2009 are trash.

2. People who like the retros shouldn't necessarily be called sheep. For one - you can't be sure they were even around when the OGs came out. How do you expect them to know what OG Flints were like when they were 3-4 years old?

The other possibility (and this is where I fall in) is that I know what the OGs look like, but I don't really care enough that it isn't 100% identical to a shoe produced 22 years ago, because I'm going to wear them anyways. These won't be sitting in the closet for me so I can take them out once every few months to take glamour shots of for the 'gram.

As mentioned before - the retros from 2006 to 2009 were trash. My fire red 4s cracked after 2 day, but guess what? I had waited since 1989 to get a pair. I didnt care that there was a Jumpman on the back instead of Nike Air. I didn't care that they stamped Mars Blackmon's face on the back of the shoe. I wanted to wear them, and I beat the hell out of those things. And guess what? Had I turned my nose up at those, I would have needed to wait another 6 years to get a pair, and even that 2012 pair was still off. Assuming these 2020 versions are true to the 1989s, that means having to wait 31 years for a shoe. Nah, **** that. Tomorrow isn't promised. Some of you take shoes way too seriously.

85E0E255-F0AB-4118-8E4A-768BD1BD3F88.jpeg

As mentioned before - the retros from 2006 to 2009 were trash. My fire red 4s cracked after 2 day, but guess what? I had waited since 1989 to get a pair. I didnt care that there was a Jumpman on the back instead of Nike Air. I didn't care that they stamped Mars Blackmon's face on the back of the shoe. I wanted to wear them, and I beat the hell out of those things. And guess what? Had I turned my nose up at those, I would have needed to wait another 6 years to get a pair, and even that 2012 pair was still off. Assuming these 2020 versions are true to the 1989s, that means having to wait 31 years for a shoe. Nah, **** that. Tomorrow isn't promised. Some of you take shoes way too seriously.
How about the 2013 Chicago 1‘s compared to the 2015 Chicago 1’s. It just shows JB can come out with a nice retro when they want to. Are the 2015’s perfect? No, but it’s good enough.

I took the same heat on NT about trashing the 2013 Chicago 1’s, but people came to realize they are a pile of 💩
I agree with you, who knows when Flint’s will be retroed again, that’s why I’m still buying them. However, I will still voice my complaints on the XIII’s. One of these days they will bring them back to their glory...and I hope it’s sooner than later.

How about the 2013 Chicago 1‘s compared to the 2015 Chicago 1’s. It just shows JB can come out with a nice retro when they want to. Are the 2015’s perfect? No, but it’s good enough.

I took the same heat on NT about trashing the 2013 Chicago 1’s, but people came to realize they are a pile of 💩
I agree with you, who knows when Flint’s will be retroed again, that’s why I’m still buying them. However, I will still voice my complaints on the XIII’s. One of these days they will bring them back to their glory...and I hope it’s sooner than later.

Yeah, tell me about it. I have the 2009 Breds from the DMP pack, and let me tell you - they are 100% garbage. Still bought them because I wanted the Celtic flavored 1s (it also helped that I got the whole pack for $70).

I don't have anything against the people who hold JB to a higher standard. That's fine and dandy. What I do have a problem with is when those people expect everyone else to have the same standards, and give condescending attitude to people who either don't know any better, or who just don't care.

Alternatively, if a man says "These are trash! I'm gonna pass!", we shouldn't go out of our way to trash them too. (I caught flack in the Jordan 4 Cool Grey thread for telling people that the shoe wasn't that great). It's a 2-way street. We gotta respect each other's opinions. At the end of the day, they are just pieces of material to put on our feet. We got bigger fish to fry in today's society.

When do they go show who’s one on FLX? First time I’ve done it since they switched.

Inconsistency between models and colorways. Money and materials. Those are the three factors it comes down to when it comes to a retro. Gotta ask how they can do so well with a “re-remastered” version of the AJ 3 with the Red Cements and UNCs but on an OG colorway of the Flint 13s, it’s close but not close enough?

Hit raffle from snipes for 2 9.5s n a 11... smh needed a 11.5 guess I'll hv to try online!!

So if you win at one store like champs, can you not win at a footlocker or Footaction?

Back
Top Bottom