Air Jordan 13 Retro Ray Allen PE (boston home)

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by Mjmvp23

Personally I don't believe in raffles. If your in line and dedicating the time and patience to wait or attempt to obtain shoes, then why should the average Joe have the same opportunity to get the shoes as you? It sounds like a personal problem if your not on your game to get some shoes. Get your connects up and your money up. Pretty simple. If you're really in the game you should never need to rely on a raffle. I'm not trying to play the lottery for some shoes. I understand how chaotic releases are but deal with it.
DUMBEST STATEMENT EVER.

I FULLY SUPPORT RAFFLES. SOME OF US HAVE BIG BOY CAREERS AND MY TIME IS MONEY. I GOT OTHER SH&T TO TAKE CARE OF BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I DON'T WANT TO BE ABLE TO PURCHASE LIMITED SNEAKERS EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE BUT CAN'T BECAUSE OTHER'S CAMP FOR A WEEK+.

I BELIEVE THE BEST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN IN THE SNEAKER COMMUNITY WOULD BE FOR RAFFLES TO BECOME THE NORM ACROSS THE BOARD FOR LIMITED RELEASES...

IF I DON'T WIN, FINE. IF I WANT THEM BAD ENOUGH I'LL GRAB EM OFF A RE-SELLER BUT AT LEAST I HAD THAT INITIAL FAIR SHOT.

I stopped right there. First of all, stop yelling. Secondly, you're not the only one with a job. I took vacation time to cop these. The person who wants the sneaker the most is going to be the one to get it. He's also going to be the one to camp for 3+ days for the love of the shoe and not always for the love of the $

Most places of employment offer 2 weeks paid vacation or 10 working days........you took vacation time to cop sneakers???  

I think we can all agree that for the most part that last statement doesnt hold true these days......seems like once a month you have a low production shoe announced and the wolves are already making game plans.  Im not basing it on experience cause where Im at J's aint that serious, but for the ppl who actually want the shoe they gotta take vacay time to cop???  I dunno bout everyone else but I like going places for those paid vacations, and sometimes it includes camping, but never in front of a shoe store lol......no hate bro, jus giving you someone else's POV

I say JB raises the price on these and does their own pre order a couple months in advance, produce what you sold, END OF STORY. 
And before you give me the biz for saying raise the price, ask yourself something, when you cop for retail through camping for 4 days, were your end costs really only retail on the shoe???  I think this weekend we learned from MJ23 that isnt the case at all.

In the end we can all agree to disagree and ultimately, it isnt in our hands and never will be. 

really used your vacation to cop a pair
sick.gif

Originally Posted by DRO3000

Most places of employment offer 2 weeks paid vacation or 10 working days........you took vacation time to cop sneakers???  

I think we can all agree that for the most part that last statement doesnt hold true these days......seems like once a month you have a low production shoe announced and the wolves are already making game plans.  Im not basing it on experience cause where Im at J's aint that serious, but for the ppl who actually want the shoe they gotta take vacay time to cop???  I dunno bout everyone else but I like going places for those paid vacations, and sometimes it includes camping, but never in front of a shoe store lol......no hate bro, jus giving you someone else's POV

I say JB raises the price on these and does their own pre order a couple months in advance, produce what you sold, END OF STORY. 
And before you give me the biz for saying raise the price, ask yourself something, when you cop for retail through camping for 4 days, were your end costs really only retail on the shoe???  I think this weekend we learned from MJ23 that isnt the case at all.

In the end we can all agree to disagree and ultimately, it isnt in our hands and never will be. 

If you love ALL limited releases that Jordan puts out then I doubt you really love the sneaker. You love the limited tag. I didn't like any of the entire Bin series so I passed on all. I thought the IX was decent but not enough for a camp out. Aside from that the last limited Jordan to come out was the Black History Month III, in February
laugh.gif
(you lose)

Edit,
prince726 wrote:
really used your vacation to cop 4 a pairs
sick.gif

You haven't been paying attention.

meh.....

limited schmitted......

I still reckon my flint XIII's #@%$ all over these
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DRO3000

If you love ALL limited releases that Jordan puts out then I doubt you really love the sneaker. You love the limited tag. I didn't like any of the entire Bin series so I passed on all. I thought the IX was decent but not enough for a camp out. Aside from that the last limited Jordan to come out was the Black History Month III, in February
laugh.gif
(you lose)

Edit,
prince726 wrote:
sick.gif

I dont buy every limited shoe, I made the comment that  theres a shoe with a limited tag about once a month.  I didnt cop any BHM's, BIN's or the Tokyo 23's...not an affordability issue either.

I didnt realize you got 4, I thought that was someone else's pics, congrats!!!

I really wanted them so I paid up and ordered a pair, who knows if I'll actually get it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, if I dont, expect a PM
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
J/K

can someone explain to me the hype around this shoe? Unless I was a celtics fan I wouldnt buy these if they were at a Nike outlet for $80

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

can someone explain to me the hype around this shoe? Unless I was a celtics fan I wouldnt buy these if they were at a Nike outlet for $80
The fact that the word "limited" is attached to them, other than that, nothing at all

Originally Posted by Cash is King

BIG BOY CARRER? then just pay resell price if you cant then its no big boy career

YOU SIR DID NOT READ THE ENTIRE STATEMENT...........

NO CAREER I SEE YOU HAVE.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

The fact that the word "limited" is attached to them, other than that, nothing at all
Well...I'm not a huge fan of these, but Ray did become the NBA's all-time leader in 3 pointers made wearing these. Just for the history of that plus the limited tag, I think that's why these are hyped.

interesting fact, the t-shirts are more limited than the sneakers...my spot sold 16 pairs and had only 6 shirts...the hoh had 72 pairs and sold 18 shirts

edit - heres another one...production on the shoe started the day BEFORE he made the shot
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Well...I'm not a huge fan of these, but Ray did become the NBA's all-time leader in 3 pointers made wearing these. Just for the history of that plus the limited tag, I think that's why these are hyped.

i highly doubt there's hype behind this shoe because he's the nba all time leader in 3 pointers. Nobody gives a damn about that statistic. Vince Carter is in the top 20 all time. Cuttino Mobley's in the top 50. Peja is 4th! JKidd is 3rd! JKidd! Its a nice accomplishment because of longevity, but its what, maybe the 4th or 5th best accomplisment when it comes to individual statistics?

I wonder how many copped these thinking, man, i need to get these because he was wearing them when he broke the record. Zero point zero.  

Originally Posted by Freeze

What's good yall, I've been out of the loop these last two days and this thread jumped like crazy. Anyways has anybody heard from kicks-lab lately? I haven't, so I'll be getting that refund if there's no update.

i think if you ordered a pair and they went through the dude would have or should have contact you by now.  he contacted me and a couple others asking to confirm that we still want our pair for shipment.  email him he's good at responding.  if you have gmail, gtalk him.  he will respond.  goodluck my mans

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

These will start to pop up slowly but surely just give it a little bit more time

i hope so. id LOVE LOVE LOVE to get a pair for retail but that wont happen
frown.gif

That's your opinion. Laker fan all day but I would buy these in a heart beat. I like green and its clean shoe. I have always liked the 13's so it would have been nice to have these but I wouldn't pay 800 for these. The limited tag and the fact that these pretty much are a PE is why I feel the hype is this crazy. Plus people really just want to turn a profit on these.

I stopped right there. First of all, stop yelling. Secondly, you're not the only one with a job. I took vacation time to cop these. The person who wants the sneaker the most is going to be the one to get it. He's also going to be the one to camp for 3+ days for the love of the shoe and not always for the love of the $

Edit,
Originally Posted by prince726

sick.gif

Wait for it.

Feel free to include your own caption into the speech bubble.
happy.gif

Spoiler

BAUCE

For The Love Of Money....

BOSS

Originally Posted by casper90403

Originally Posted by Wayne141

i highly doubt there's hype behind this shoe because he's the nba all time leader in 3 pointers. Nobody gives a damn about that statistic. Vince Carter is in the top 20 all time. Cuttino Mobley's in the top 50. Peja is 4th! JKidd is 3rd! JKidd! Its a nice accomplishment because of longevity, but its what, maybe the 4th or 5th best accomplisment when it comes to individual statistics?

I wonder how many copped these thinking, man, i need to get these because he was wearing them when he broke the record. Zero point zero.  

Zero point zero huh?
laugh.gif
 Why don't you reread the posts in this thread and then get back to me son. All I said was him breaking the record wearing these probably helped the hype along. I never said it was the only reason. I mean they made shirts like this to market the shoe:
13%2BRay%2B2.jpg

You think Nike with all its marketing genius would make these shirts if it doesn't think they would help increase hype on this release? Yes, limited numbers of this shoe and having a high resale price are probably the major thing driving the hype on these, but you can't tell me a Celtic fan or Ray Allen fan doesn't want these that much more cuz of what their guy did in them. Same reason why people like certain Js cuz of what MJ did in them like the Flu Game XIIs, Last Shot XIVs, Olympic VIIs, etc etc.

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Edit,
Originally Posted by prince726

sick.gif

Wait for it.

Feel free to include your own caption into the speech bubble.
happy.gif

Spoiler

BAUCE

For The Love Of Money....

pimp.gif
 good comeup though thats money right there 800 into 4,000 in a week
pimp.gif

LOL @ all the heat that's coming from this thread...WWAAAAYYY more people DIDN'T get these, than did get these.

LOL @ all the dudes mad at people for camping out a week in advance to get the kicks. I didn't get to cop either...mostly cuz people were out there beast moding for a week. But so be it.

And LOL @ all the dudes that's mad at people for reselling. Have you all forgotten what it's like to be a broke sneaker head? Is college that far in teh past? My only wish was that these came out when I was in school. We used to sit around and do NOTHING all summer anyway, might as well make a trip of it.

Shouts to all the collectors, small time resellers, small time reseller's girfriends, baby mommas, baby momma's mommas...all yall that sweated it out - #salute.

Maybe next time for me...but prolly not.

Back
Top Bottom