Air Jordan 17+ Retro "Copper" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

i'll pay $260.00 & that's way over box for 12's but i'll be dammed if i'll buy a pair of 17's for $250.00 plus NYS tax

I still have my black and chrome 17s with the case. But they're beat to hell. I played ball in them. Still have the Cd too. That foam liner I probably threw out though.

Price is definitely higher than I'd like. Should be closer to $220 for the given colorway.

However, I don't see why people are comparing it to another model and complaining about the price. The OG 12s (and even the FB) were $135 when they dropped. Coppers where $165. Its being scaled in the right direction. Again, I feel that $250 is a bit munch, but the shoe wasn't going to release at anything under $200.

The model is determining the price range, not perceived hype (like cement 3s/4s with the swoosh on the back being charged at a premium compared to other releases).

Thats why GR colorway 1s don't drop at $190, they don't scale to that range compared to other models.

Of course there are some caveats (like the Laneys that dropped).

Price is definitely higher than I'd like. Should be closer to $220 for the given colorway.

However, I don't see why people are comparing it to another model and complaining about the price. The OG 12s (and even the FB) were $135 when they dropped. Coppers where $165. Its being scaled in the right direction. Again, I feel that $250 is a bit munch, but the shoe wasn't going to release at anything under $200.

The model is determining the price range, not perceived hype (like cement 3s/4s with the swoosh on the back being charged at a premium compared to other releases).

Thats why GR colorway 1s don't drop at $190, they don't scale to that range compared to other models.

why can't they be $190?

$220 retail for these 17s would've been more reasonable, especially considering we're not getting an OG box (silver face) and instead getting the cheap generic JB box (sidenote is this the worst box to EVER come with a pair of retros this expensive?).

$220 retail for these 17s would've been more reasonable, especially considering we're not getting an OG box (silver face) and instead getting the cheap generic JB box (sidenote is this the worst box to EVER come with a pair of retros this expensive?).
I was wondering about the box. Now I want them even less.

Feels more like old school sneaker heads are gonna be after these, the all black pair was the first pair of Jays i bought with my own money, back in high school I still remember my grandmother shaking her head at me for spending all my money on them, didnt regret one min of it. 

is it me or it feels like we are paying nike resale price for these lol. hoping for that W this weekend. if not back to my old friend the L train for me. 

Feels more like old school sneaker heads are gonna be after these, the all black pair was the first pair of Jays i bought with my own money, back in high school I still remember my grandmother shaking her head at me for spending all my money on them, didnt regret one min of it. 

is it me or it feels like we are paying nike resale price for these lol. hoping for that W this weekend. if not back to my old friend the L train for me. 

I was 17 and a junior in HS when these dropped. I had a great job at the time and while I always thought these were nice, I never got around to buying a pair. I won't be making that same mistake again. Hopefully I'll be able to cop on Sadderday, but if not, it's on to the next, no love lost.

I really like these. They look super sharp. I was gonna pass because of the price, but I've been taking too many L's and I only really want the Flu Games for the rest of the year  (can't count on a W there). Plus, I'd be lying to myself passing on these for 250 when I've paid resale for multiple pairs. I could still pass, I suppose, and just go all out to get the Flu Games by having my cousins up on a Saturday morning on different websites and entering multiple raffles.

WHY DOES GETTING A PAIR OF SNEAKERS HAVE TO BE THIS HARD??? I remember just walking into Champs when I felt like buying a new pair and getting varsity 6s in 2010. For about $160, no less. What happened?

Last edited:
I really like these. They look super sharp. I was gonna pass because of the price, but I've been taking too many L's and I only really want the Flu Games for the rest of the year  (can't count on a W there). Plus, I'd be lying to myself passing on these for 250 when I've paid resale for multiple pairs. I could still pass, I suppose, and just go all out to get the Flu Games by having my cousins up on a Saturday morning on different websites and entering multiple raffles.

WHY DOES GETTING A PAIR OF SNEAKERS HAVE TO BE THIS HARD??? I remember just walking into Champs when I felt like buying a new pair and getting varsity 6s in 2010. For about $160, no less. What happened?
***** you on bruh. Go walk into any decent shoe store and they will have at least 3 retros available.

***** you on bruh. Go walk into any decent shoe store and they will have at least 3 retros available.
Not here. The only ones available anywhere are the 2s and 8s and I never liked those. My point stands: you didn't need to enter 8 raffles and open up 3 different screens just to have a chance to get a pair of a hot release. It's absurd.

i don't mind the current box. the black and gold has a nice contrast to it, but the price sucks consider from all the pictures i've seen the quality of the leather doesn't look impressive at all compare to what you can see for the 'dunk from above' 4s. 

So I did some checking on availability in my area and it doesn't seem like many stores are getting these, and all of them get pretty much every other release.  I'm thinking JB may know the price tag is really high and are hedging themselves by only producing a small amount of pairs so that they sell out.  

Not here. The only ones available anywhere are the 2s and 8s and I never liked those. My point stands: you didn't need to enter 8 raffles and open up 3 different screens just to have a chance to get a pair of a hot release. It's absurd.
I agree. Howard White confirmed they had more XIIs produced than VIIIs (

LOL at the, "new" Air Jordan box.

No suitcase with these.
No blue, "peel" sticker.
Still nice though, crazy seeing, "17+ RETRO".

Back
Top Bottom