Air Jordan 17 Retro - possible qt3 2013 (now with pics of box for proof)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How short is everyone's memory? The CDP XVIIs were worse than fakes and they had a 'Peel Off' sticker on the plastic trim that wasn't even 'Chrome' like the OGs.

OP's information is totally false, everything from his pictures to info is wrong.

From a manufacturing perspective, XVI, XVII, etc... were quite expensive as they were (to some extent) overengineered. These shoes had shrouds, magnets, 'chrome' plastic that scuffed like no-ones business, carbon fibre, double stacked zoom but importantly - genuine leather. 

They bundled XVI onwards with other shoes in the CDP as the lower manufacturing costs of older shoes would offset the higher costs of the newer models. Even then the CDP reproductions were terrible.

Some of you guys who had these in Grade 7 - did your Moms really drop $200 for them or did she scoop them at an outlet for almost 60% of their MSRP? You can bet that Nike/JB won't want these hitting outlets - that's why everything from I-XIV is getting butchered as the costs of reproducing them are really low and the consumer appeal is high.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by eltouha

i don't understand the obsession with 17 lows. they're so ugly, and that sock thing is atrocious.

obviously just my opinion, but sheesh!

laugh.gif

It's always refreshing to hear someone oppose.   I love the lows, but I wouldn't prefer them over the mids. 

i'm glad to have been of service
smile.gif
happy.gif

and while i still got my hater hat on, what's with the lacelocks on these? can they be more difficult to manage??

also, has anyone actually kept the "XVII" style lace-up?

Man just give me the UNC Lows and Coppers and im good.

The UNC lows especially....i've been searching for a DS pair for forever..i couldnt afford them when i was a youngn
frown.gif

Originally Posted by vood99

How short is everyone's memory? The CDP XVIIs were worse than fakes and they had a 'Peel Off' sticker on the plastic trim that wasn't even 'Chrome' like the OGs.

OP's information is totally false, everything from his pictures to info is wrong.

From a manufacturing perspective, XVI, XVII, etc... were quite expensive as they were (to some extent) overengineered. These shoes had shrouds, magnets, 'chrome' plastic that scuffed like no-ones business, carbon fibre, double stacked zoom but importantly - genuine leather. 

They bundled XVI onwards with other shoes in the CDP as the lower manufacturing costs of older shoes would offset the higher costs of the newer models. Even then the CDP reproductions were terrible.

Some of you guys who had these in Grade 7 - did your Moms really drop $200 for them or did she scoop them at an outlet for almost 60% of their MSRP? You can bet that Nike/JB won't want these hitting outlets - that's why everything from I-XIV is getting butchered as the costs of reproducing them are really low and the consumer appeal is high.

Some of the XVI and the XVII actually did sell well even though the price was crazy at the time..... The marketing for the original blk/red XVI was crazy, and had people in line including me and my mother who had never bought me a pair of jordans before then, but were willing to drop $200 when they dropped... There was also crazy lines for the XVII white/red and the XVII coppers... There were crazy lines for the stealth and all star XX's, so some shoes after the XIV would and did actually sale well...  Now fast forward to 2012 when people and most of the kids don’t mind dropping $200 plus on a pair of kicks, even though it’s made with trash quality, throw a few wacky colors or a limited tag out and the kids will eat them up, regardless of the price.....

i remember these in high school, only saw people hoop in them, never casual, pretty much how every jordan was after the 14

Originally Posted by Diakonos

gosh...if they actually do come back with the suitcase i'm sure it'll be made of recycled plastic and charge an extra $100 over the original $200 price tag.

Close Diakonas - please read:

Atlanta, GA – June 5, 2012 –NIKE, Inc. announced the formation of the Plant PET Technology Collaborative (PTC), a strategic working group focused on accelerating the development and use of 100% plant-based PET materials and fiber in their products. PET, also known as polyethylene terephthalate, is a durable, lightweight plastic that is used by all member companies in a variety of products and materials including plastic bottles, apparel, footwear and automotive fabric and carpet.

This new collaborative was formed to support new technologies in an effort to evolve today’s material that is partially made from plants to a solution made entirely from plants. By leveraging the research and development efforts of the founding companies, the PTC is taking the lead to affect positive change across multiple industries. PTC members are committed to researching and developing commercial solutions for PET plastic made entirely from plants and will aim to drive the development of common methodologies and standards for the use of plant-based plastic including life cycle analyses and universal terminology.

I would seriously cop every pair, maybe doubles, of whatever they drop-as long as its not 
sick.gif
 colorways like those navy 13s dropping. 
The 17s are one of my all time favorites and one of the shoes that got me into Jordans and kicks when they first dropped. I hope they bring back the college blues, my og's are getting pretty worn down

My OG College Blues still look DS. Still on the hunt for the white/red pair. That red suitcase was
pimp.gif
! Would like to see some new colorways in the XVII.

Just to remind u that only the lows had the chromeFinish at the heel. The white/college blue andBlack/silver mids had dull silver paintjob finish!The white/reds were even unpainted but dyed charcoal.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Just to remind u that only the lows had the chromeFinish at the heel. The white/college blue andBlack/silver mids had dull silver paintjob finish!The white/reds were even unpainted but dyed charcoal.

This

I'd buy everyone a pair if these drop next year. Cuz I know for damb sure they wont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom