Air Jordan 1's - Is half a size smaller too much?

I'm planning on buying an '09 DMP Bulls/Celtics pack and was wondering if going a size smaller would be an issue. I'm usually a size 11 but I have size 10.5 cement 4's that I can fit perfectly into. I bought a pair of bred 11's in size 10.5 and it was reaallllyyy tight.. kinda hurts my feet too cuz I guess my feet are somewhat wide. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Just my opinion but when u look into 1s with thicker padding around the collar, go .5 up from size. In general. Im a 10 and take a 10.5 in both that dmp and bred xi.

Just my opinion but when u look into 1s with thicker padding around the collar, go .5 up from size. In general. Im a 10 and take a 10.5 in both that dmp and bred xi.
I never go under my true size on 1's. I don't suggest it.
Damn so you guys think the 1's would fit like 11's? :frown: So hard to find these locally .. especially deadstock and around my size! 

Any (and im sure most do) of the older jumpman heeled 1s, yes. Half up from size is due to being a little narrow and thick padding. Bred xi because they are just straight up narrow and ive never worn them alot but im sure that patent leather doesnt give to much.

Do you know if bred xi's are narrower than 1s? So I can't even like lace the 1's up loosely and wear up without a problem? Even if I were to buy an actual pair of 1's I should get half a size BIGGER than my usual size? :S  Sorry for asking so much, I've been wanting these for so long and they're the only ones I can find locally that's around my size!

I wear a size 11 in any recent I or XI, and I can't fit comfortably in either because they are too narrow in a 10.5. If it's a 3, 4, 5 or 12 I go down to a 10.5 these days when I used to go TTS 11.

That's just me. I feel certain that most of the models have gotten a .5 size bigger though in the past 14 months. Pretty much dating back to the WCIV for me personally. I've seen a lot of other people agree that they've gone down a half size in many retros.

depends if you have fat feet or not. real talk.
Haha word eh? My feet aren't even fat.. don't even look that wide IMO. Just that my pinky toe bone pushes up against my bred xi's and hurts.. 
I wear a size 11 in any recent I or XI, and I can't fit comfortably in either because they are too narrow in a 10.5. If it's a 3, 4, 5 or 12 I go down to a 10.5 these days when I used to go TTS 11.

That's just me. I feel certain that most of the models have gotten a .5 size bigger though in the past 14 months. Pretty much dating back to the WCIV for me personally. I've seen a lot of other people agree that they've gone down a half size in many retros.
Wait, so you wear size11 in any recent I or XI and they aren't comfortable on you? I fit nicely in 10.5 cement 4s.. and I fit fine in my TTS sz11 fire red 4s but they're maaaaad creased.. it's harder to crease my 10.5s, so I figured if I went half a size down TTS for the 1s as well I won't have to worry too much about creasing. 

Sigh, worst case scenario I'll go to a store downtown or something and try on a random pair of 1's and see if 10.5 fits me. 

really depends how fat your foot if you need to go a half size up. In reality it is a personal question one should ask themselves

depends if you have fat feet or not. real talk.
Haha word eh? My feet aren't even fat.. don't even look that wide IMO. Just that my pinky toe bone pushes up against my bred xi's and hurts.. 

Wait, so you wear size11 in any recent I or XI and they aren't comfortable on you? I fit nicely in 10.5 cement 4s.. and I fit fine in my TTS sz11 fire red 4s but they're maaaaad creased.. it's harder to crease my 10.5s, so I figured if I went half a size down TTS for the 1s as well I won't have to worry too much about creasing. 

Sigh, worst case scenario I'll go to a store downtown or something and try on a random pair of 1's and see if 10.5 fits me. 
Sorry, I'm on my phone. I CAN fit my TTS in 1 and 11. I go a half size down on most others cause it's clear JB is making most of them longer.

I'd avoid going down to a 10.5 from my TTS 11 though with this year's 1's. My Royals and Knicks fit perfectly at 11, but a 10.5 would be too narrow. The Chicago's I could only find in an 11.5 and they fit without being too loose. I definitely would go up before I go down on 1's.

Dang I have a pair of sz 12 royals coming and I thought I could fit in them, I'm normally a 11 in all Jordan's

Last edited:
I disagree 1s run small i go half a size up, they are narrow like others have stated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom