Air Jordan 2 retro - BHM - February 2019

Hope they turn out okay. I like Jordan 2’s.

Copped!

j1.png
j2.png
j3.png
j4.png
j5.png
j6.png

Exactly why mock ups suck.

Easy pass on this trash.

The execution doesn't do it for me at all. Never mad at money saved though so shoutouts to JB :lol:

It’s honestly kind of derogatory IMO to release this trash “in honor of” Black History Month.

People should be embracing and respecting black history and culture during BHM, not sh*tting on it by selling garbage like this.
How is it derogatory?

Little/no thought put into this cw and they slapped a “BHM” on it to help it sell because of the cultural and historical significance of BHM.

A Black History Month release deserves better than this garbage tbh.
Really? This pair takes direct inspiration from Kente Cloth, one of the most famous and popular African fabric designs that originated in Ghana. This pair is a nod to fabric tied African fashion and African pride. That’s apart of Black Global culture.

You think the color way doesn’t look good, or think the entire BHM idea is some capitalist gimmick(it is), but don’t say this shoe’s design is irrelevant to Black History Month or Black Culture because that’s not true.

Little/no thought put into this cw and they slapped a “BHM” on it to help it sell because of the cultural and historical significance of BHM.

I wasn’t gonna chim in on this one but you need to do a little research before you go spewing out stupid comments that you know nothing about. Thats Kenta cloth on those shoes, from Ghana. A lot of effort was put forth to make it looking as authentic as possible. Which is MY AFRICAN heritage

Really? This pair takes direct inspiration from Kente Cloth, one of the most famous and popular African fabric designs that originated in Ghana. This pair is a nod to fabric tied African fashion and African pride. That’s apart of Black Global culture.

You think the color way doesn’t look good, or think the entire BHM idea is some capitalist gimmick(it is), but don’t say this shoe’s design is irrelevant to Black History Month or Black Culture because that’s not true.

I wasn’t gonna chim in on this one but you need to do a little research before you go spewing out stupid comments that you know nothing about. Thats Kenta cloth on those shoes, from Ghana. A lot of effort was put forth to make it looking as authentic as possible. Which is MY AFRICAN heritage

So appropriating the fabric design into a poorly designed BHM cw makes it okay?

They probably spent an hour researching those patterns and then 15 min designing these atrocities.

What's garbage about them? You know what Kente cloth is?

Back
Top Bottom