AIR JORDAN 2009 REVIEW... *UPDATED*

Im sorry but i tried these on yesterday and the heel cushioning was so stiff.... it seemed like the forefoot had more cushioning than the heel. It is safe tosay i would never buy/wear these.

I played in mine tonight. It was my first time to wear them aside from trying them on and I thought they were great. After seeing people comment on thefeeling of the heel I was a little worried but I didn't expirence any wierd/odd feeling. Creasing is minimal. The only warning I could give you is to notwear no-show socks. I had on no-show NBA socks and now I have 2 raw spots on the back of my ankles. I had to switch to a regular ankle cut NBA sock and it wasfine after that. I've been playing in Jordans since the 5's came out back in 1990(i'm 33) and i've played in every numbered Jordan with theexception of the 20(just didn't like them enough to buy) and I really can't think of a better pair as far as playing goes. the 19's have alwaysbeen tops for me just for the cushioning and I was a big fan of the 17 as well. For me these are better than the 21-23 easily. Again, i'm talking playinghere, not looks. A LOT of people don't care for the looks of these(personally they're one of my fav's) but these def deliver on the court just likeyou'd expect from an Air Jordan model. And if it matters i'm 6'1 215lbs.

Originally Posted by the collector23

I played in mine tonight. It was my first time to wear them aside from trying them on and I thought they were great. After seeing people comment on the feeling of the heel I was a little worried but I didn't expirence any wierd/odd feeling. Creasing is minimal. The only warning I could give you is to not wear no-show socks. I had on no-show NBA socks and now I have 2 raw spots on the back of my ankles. I had to switch to a regular ankle cut NBA sock and it was fine after that. I've been playing in Jordans since the 5's came out back in 1990(i'm 33) and i've played in every numbered Jordan with the exception of the 20(just didn't like them enough to buy) and I really can't think of a better pair as far as playing goes. the 19's have always been tops for me just for the cushioning and I was a big fan of the 17 as well. For me these are better than the 21-23 easily. Again, i'm talking playing here, not looks. A LOT of people don't care for the looks of these(personally they're one of my fav's) but these def deliver on the court just like you'd expect from an Air Jordan model. And if it matters i'm 6'1 215lbs.

try the 20's, in fact you gave me an idea, i just might wear mine tonight, they are very comfy for playing, cons for me are the traction and its a pain inthe butt to put them on.
laugh.gif

Thanks for the detailed review....I think I may cop a pair now. I was a bit hesitant at first!

My fault for double post but why would jb sell these for so much there really ugly thats why they are so cheap now

I passed on these a few weeks ago when I saw them at the Nordstrom Rack in Seattle for $39.99...

Just couldn't get over that freaking heel piece...

I just don't like the look on these shoes, even if they performed well, there are so many other ball shoes that are better then these...

i tried some of these at the outlet, i agree the heel felt almost like high heels. not worth the 124.99 they were asking. i prefer my 24.99 zoom bb's tbsover these any day.

can someone please post pics of how they look after being worn for a few games? I just bought my pair and would like to know what I should expect from wearingthem.

I noticed the heel is so high that if you wear low socks (as I do) they rub the sh#t out of your high Achilles tendon

I just bought the black gr cw for $80 from the nike outlet today, I don't plan on ballin' in them because just trying them on, it literally feels likeyour wearing high heels
sick.gif

I actually believe people are missing out when balling in these. they feel great. the heel takes getting used to but the zoom and carbon plate make adifference

so is it the heel-to toe transition that's awkward? or just the heel in itself that feels odd?

how old is this post? I looked for reviews on hear a while back before I became a member and didn't find one. I ended up with a pair and most of the reviews hold true. Well cushioned, great traction, pretty durable but they do feel top heavy and are somewhat awkward.

Back
Top Bottom