AIR JORDAN 2009 REVIEW... *UPDATED*

Interesting to say the least.

I own the Black 2k9 in size 13, but I wear a 14 so had to wait till the white version released to do my review.

So, here it goes.

I have balled in every good/great Jordan / Nike shoe for the past 15 years. These shoes remind me of some previous Air Jordans.
Examples: AJ 22 - Weird heel feel. AJ 17 - stiff arch support and forefoot zoom feel. AJ 13 lacing system. AJ 20 forefoot outriggers. AJ 18 heel zoom.

*UPDATE*
Had a chance to run full court two more times...

Pros:
1- Very luxurious feel inside and out. The leather is some of the best ever used on a Jordan model, which is a shame since it seems no one owns them lol
2- Forefoot Zoom Air could be the best implementation to date of forefoot zoom. It doesnt bottom out, and feels super responsive.
3- Court feel at the forefoot is outstanding. Similar to the AJ 17 without the bulkiness.
4- Traction is excellent
5- For all you crease monkeys - these crease very minimally, due to the toe box shape and the leather used.
6- Outstanding arch support - ala AJ 17
7- Easy entrance / departure from the shoe

Cons:
1- THE DAMN HEEL. It feels like your wearing high heels
2- Heel to toe transition - full length zoom would have benefited this shoe. It feels as if the heel and forefoot are not working in conjunction.
3- Casual wear - you have to lace up the shoes fully - if not, you will fall out of them. I have never experienced this in any jordan shoe. It BLOWS.
4- Price!
5- THE DAMN HEEL!
6- Weight. Although theyre no Zoom Lebron 4, they are heavier than most Jays.
7- Toe box can be on the bit of a narrow side.
Cushioning - 4.5 / 5
Traction - 5/5
Court feel - 4/5 (would be 5/5 if the heel and forefoot acted together)
Ankle support - 4/5
Weight - 3/5

Overall - 4 / 5. How can that be? Although the shoe is loaded with technology, the sum of the parts is NOT greater than the hole.

FINAL WORD -

Try them on before you buy. The feeling right out of the box does not change much over time - even asfter usage. If youre a fan of the AJ17 and 22, you willlike this shoe.

Wow... thanks for confirming my fears about the heel!

Darn shame for JB and the Jordan name...

the shoe does have full-length zoom air. it also is double stacked in the heel just like the lebrons. its probably the heel thats killing the transition.

^
Wrong.

It does NOT have full length zoom. Heel and forefoot - double stack in the heel.

Check your facts please.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
damn what a failure. I thought the performance of these would be out of thisworld. and I actually think they look kind of good. but damn, it's 2009, no basketball shoe should have heel slip especially at $190.

I knew the heel would suck on these. Why did they try to do that anyway? Not to mention, these things are the ugliest Jordan to date, aside from the 15's.

laugh.gif
how would you know how stilettos feel, dogg?
laugh.gif

they kinda reminded me of 14s, i thought you of all people would enjoy them.
smokin.gif

"Not to mention, these things are the ugliest Jordan to date, aside from the 15's."

The 15s aren't so bad. Well the 15 SE aren't anyway. The OG look like elf shoes sorta though.

Originally Posted by size twelve

laugh.gif
how would you know how stilettos feel, dogg?
laugh.gif

they kinda reminded me of 14s, i thought you of all people would enjoy them.
smokin.gif

Imagination my friend...Imagination
roll.gif

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

^
Wrong.

It does NOT have full length zoom. Heel and forefoot - double stack in the heel.

Check your facts please.
ok my bad...i didnt care enough about these to read up on them. jordan isnt a performance brand anymore. their prices are outrageous for mediocrequality and poor performance. its sad that their team jordans that everyone hates on that are sitting on the clearance racks perform better than their supposedtop of the line signature shoe.

hey Giants, i got 2 questions
1. Hows APT, does it make a difference?
2. Does the Zoom need to be broken in?

Originally Posted by dp2412

hey Giants, i got 2 questions
1. Hows APT, does it make a difference?
2. Does the Zoom need to be broken in?

1- In a nutshell - it feels weird. Directly under the heel it feels great, but even in normal walking around, I get this "tipping" over feel. Whenplaying, I never rolled an ankle, but the fact that I had to worry about the possibly of it was worrysome.

2- The zoom felt great. A little break in...but once it is, it feels perfect, as to be expected from zoom.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

NY Giants how many times have you wore these? Maybe they'll get a little better over time?

Balled in the 6 times already..... I notice no difference.

Originally Posted by AIR23JORDANXIII

Thanks, and nice review. Will you please post your personal info i.e.- weight, height, style of play, etc...

My bad forgot to do so:
6 foot, 175, slasher, shooter, dunker, driver.
Size 14.

NY GIANTS 11 wrote:
Traction - 5/5
Court feel - 4/5 (would be 5/5 if the heel and forefoot acted together)
Ankle support - 4/5

Overall - 3 / 5. How can that be? Although the shoe is loaded with technology, the sum of the parts is NOT greater than the hole.

FINAL WORD -

Pass on them.

i find it funny that you gave the shoe 4's and a 5 for your catagories but then gave it a 3.
roll.gif

I was shooting around wearing the Jordan 2009 this evening. I have no complaints on their performance... they feel great like other good ball shoes. The onlything about them that I dont like is the weight. Quite heavy. But maybe I've been wearing Zoom Kobe IV for a while.

not feelin the zoom air unit in the heel of the insole cuase i use insoles so i dont get the full feel of the double stacked zoom

thanks for the review, still plan on getting them if they still are available once the prices drop, to me there is never going to be a perfect 10/10 shoeanyway.

I probably won't ball in these, because I can't stand wearing the XVIIs and XX2s on the court.

Back
Top Bottom