Air Jordan 2012 First look.

I like the inner boot thing, but I don't know how it will actually end up working out. Aren't the new Kobe doing that too?

Last year the Air Jordan 2011 introduced interchangeable midsoles that allowed the wearer to choose between Explosive Air Max cushioning and Quick Zoom Air cushioning. For the Air Jordan 2012 even more options will be available. The Air Jordan 2012 will release in February, although this could change due to the NBA Lockout, but when it does it will come with three interchangeable Performance Ride midsole systems. In addition to the Quick (heel and forefoot Zoom Air) and Explosive (full length Air cushioning), a new option that combines traditional Air in the heel and Zoom Air in the forefoot. Not only does the Air Jordan 2012 have cushioning choices but it also allows you to choose from a Low & Light Fit sockliner or the High & Tight Fit sockliner which features and adjustable ankle strap.

Early colorways of the Jordan 2012 will include the Wolf Grey – Black – Silverice – White colorway that comes with the choice of Current Blue Low & Light sockliner or Neon Yellow High & Tight sockliner. This version of the Jordan 2012 comes with all three Performance Ride systems (Quick Ride, Air Ride, & Explosive Ride)and three lace colors, including Wolf Grey, Current Blue and Neon Yellow. The Jordan 2012 Flight System will retail for $223.

In addition to the Jordan 2012 Flight System version that comes with an outer shell, 2 Dynamic Fit liners, 3 Performance Rides, and 3 sets of laces, three different versions of the Jordan 2012 will be available. The Air Jordan 2012 Q (Quick) comes with a Low & Light inner liner and Quick (Zoom Air) cushioning. The Air Jordan 2012 Air (Heel Air/Forefoot Zoom) comes with a Low & Light inner bootie and Air cushioning system. The Air Jordan 2012 Explosive comes with a High & Tight Dynamic Fit inner sockliner and Explosive (Full-length Air) cushioning. Retail price for each of the Air Jordan 2012 styles is $180. Colorways include White/Black – Varsity Red, White/Black – Old Royal and White/Black – Black.

http://f5torefresh.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/jordan-2012-info.png

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Seems like they tried to make a $200 team shoe. Note to JB, we don't need all the extras. Leave all the extra options to Nike ID.

Don't worry about dropping $200 on these in a couple months they will be $49 at an outlet, what a piece. This looks like come British Knight shiiiizzziiitt.

I can say with 100% certainty that these are the worst sig J's ever in the history of the shoe line.

Straight up awful.

I couldn't even picture Jordan coming down the court in this trash. The Air Jordan is dead, let it go.

I had such high hopes for these after seeing the navy blue and voltage prototype.
30t6p3b.gif

nike-morph-jason-kidd-player-exclusive-pe-3.jpg

This is nearly the same tech that was used in the 2000/2001 Nike Morph, Jason Kidd's sig shoe.
They were the worst performing basketball shoe that Nike ever released.  On hard stops and cut backs, I would look down and see the outerskin turned completely sideways
while the inner shoe sole was planted on the court.  If this is what JB is really going to give us, then expect your favorite NBA players to miss plenty of games with ankle
injuries.

WOW!!! Jordan Brand biting the Adidas Equipment shoe that came out in the 90's. I guess in 2013 we will have the Air Jordan Pump!
30t6p3b.gif

My first impression of the shoe:

Pros: I like the concept. Removable midsoles were great on the 2011's and I'm glad to see that they not only carried it over to the 2012's but they added a new one. I also like that you can customize these with many different options. You like the high top feel with a max air insole? No problem...You like 'em low with zoom air? Or how about high with zoom? Then throw in some extra flare with different laces...The possibilities are endless..

Cons: I'm still not a fan of the horse saddle look. They look like they're inspired by some kinda of cowboy boot/wingtip shoe hybrid. I can't wait to hear what the inspiration is behind these. I also don't like the added toe cap. Jordans usually have a clean toe and this just looks forced.

The shoe has potential, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see these in person.

Looks like the 2012's are going to give the Jordan 10's a run for there money as the worst Jordan signature shoe ever.

Originally Posted by ijapino

My first impression of the shoe:

Pros: I like the concept. Removable midsoles were great on the 2011's and I'm glad to see that they not only carried it over to the 2012's but they added a new one. I also like that you can customize these with many different options. You like the high top feel with a max air insole? No problem...You like 'em low with zoom air? Or how about high with zoom? Then throw in some extra flare with different laces...The possibilities are endless..

Cons: I'm still not a fan of the horse saddle look. They look like they're inspired by some kinda of cowboy boot/wingtip shoe hybrid. I can't wait to hear what the inspiration is behind these. I also don't like the added toe cap. Jordans usually have a clean toe and this just looks forced.

The shoe has potential, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see these in person.

Agreed on all points.

My question is will all colourways be available in all setups? will stores get the parts separately, and then put them together in the box as orders come in, or will they be prepackaged and fixed.

Originally Posted by Shoes2Shades

Looks like the 2012's are going to give the Jordan 10's a run for there money as the worst Jordan signature shoe ever.

i HATED the 2010's at first look, but began to like them after seeing them "on feet" .
ended up buying a pair and like wearing them, they are extremely comfortable.

but these 2012's are horrid ! just looks completely wrong. not worthy to be the signiture shoe.
sick.gif

While I'm still not a huge fan of them, the colorblocking in the white/black color of the catalog pics (the inverse of the pics we already had) looks ten times better. The lines of the shoe and overall composition are a lot more refined too; it definitely has that "50 yard read" that Tinker has talked about. Would look better without the oversized jumpman though, I'd either shrink it and move it to the heel or midfoot or get rid of it altogether and let the one on the tongue stand alone.

Originally Posted by Anomaly

Originally Posted by Steez

It's got the same design cues as the previous "saddle" AJ2012 sample.

Not sure where they're going with this one. Better have one hell of a backstory...
"Well Michael has developed a new fondness for horses.  He recently purchased a stable, and a few exotic stallions to fill it with.  So I decided to incorporate MJ's new found love into the Air Jordan 2012.  You can see elements related to it like the saddle pattern in the uppers and stirrups like effect in the midsole...."

[/b*ll**** tinker explanation]
roll.gif

I know new sig shoes usually get a lot of hate in the beginning and then opinions change, but I really really doubt I'll be able to get into these whatsoever. The customizable options sound cool in theory, but I really just can't get over the "saddle" design. For JB's sake, these better be the best performing bball shoes of all time
laugh.gif

If they want to push numbered Air Jordans back over $200, they need some innovation, or something that at least LOOKS different.

Throwing in everything but the kitchen sink doesn't cut it.

Back
Top Bottom