Air Jordan 3 “Cool Grey” Feb 27, 2021

Fear 4s are top 5 in the non OG AJ 4 category
Yeah but if you were me. At that time. You were going after the Fear 5s, which were more limited than the 4s. And the fear 4s were bricks for a while.. they were going maybe 75 above retail which was nothing back then while the fear 5s were reselling for 600 on release day.. so I slept for a while.... said I'd come back and grab em...and literally one night - and I joke you not - overnight the price shot up 3 times the value.. I regret not buying the entire pack, actually.

FYI ID STILL choose the fear 5s if I did it again and had to chose one.. But I'd grab the 4s and the 3s.

And as far as top 5 non original releases.. no particular order.. Columbia's, oreos, cool Grey's, doernbechers, lightnings. They def top 10 though.

Its just most pairs I slept on, never bothered me. But the cool grey 3s and fear 4s always bothered me for sleeping hard on em. They were both easily obtainable for quite some time before they sky rocketed in price when I was ready to buy em

Last edited:
As someone who owns the OG pair those were not good quality. Idk why y'all have this OG syndrome of thinking every old pair was superior :lol:
This. They released during the worst years for quality control on Jordan retros. The midsole chipped by the time you laced them up.
Yeah, OGs were wack af. That's why I sold em.
20150715_145008.jpg
20150715_144943.jpg
20150715_145459.jpg

20150715_145406.jpg
20150715_145041.jpg
20150724_152615.jpg

Yeah, OGs were wack af. That's why I sold em.
20150715_145008.jpg
20150715_144943.jpg
20150715_145459.jpg

20150715_145406.jpg
20150715_145041.jpg
20150724_152615.jpg
Only thing the ogs had was heel padding. I feel like I got flip flops walking around with these. The heel padding kept your foot snug into place. That's really all I can see. The materials are better on the new version.. same with the cool grey 4s.

It's wierd alot of people complain over chipping on 4s, 3s and 6s. I've not had a single pair ever paint chip on me. Maybe I'm just skinny or a light walker - I don't know. I put miles on my shoes, so it's not for a lack of trying.

I'd sit on them.. in a year or so they will be worth alot more. People sleeping on these but they will regret it. The colorway is super clean in person, imo. I regret passing on em when I first saw them back in 08.. these and the fear 4s, haunt me for sleeping on em.

ATleast I got these but I can't get over the lack of the heel padding and the shoes not hugging my feet. They don't feel like 3s or the 07s.

im canceling my listing from flight club and trading to my local sneaker consignment store to trade for the carmines

im canceling my listing from flight club and trading to my local sneaker consignment store to trade for the carmines
I'd seriously sit on these. Think about it. They only retried this shoe once. They've released the carmines a few times now. Although the quality on the new carmines are way better than the last release. So that's even a tough call for me, to make. Good quality 6s, to me pretty much outweigh alot of things. Its a great shoe when they make em right.

Yeah but if you were me. At that time. You were going after the Fear 5s, which were more limited than the 4s. And the fear 4s were bricks for a while.. they were going maybe 75 above retail which was nothing back then while the fear 5s were reselling for 600 on release day.. so I slept for a while.... said I'd come back and grab em...and literally one night - and I joke you not - overnight the price shot up 3 times the value.. I regret not buying the entire pack, actually.

FYI ID STILL choose the fear 5s if I did it again and had to chose one.. But I'd grab the 4s and the 3s.

And as far as top 5 non original releases.. no particular order.. Columbia's, oreos, cool Grey's, doernbechers, lightnings. They def top 10 though.

Its just most pairs I slept on, never bothered me. But the cool grey 3s and fear 4s always bothered me for sleeping hard on em. They were both easily obtainable for quite some time before they sky rocketed in price when I was ready to buy em
Gotcha
I was speaking strictly from a collectors perspective
One of the more better constructed non-OG 4s

I need a pair of Olives, I remember one christmas my cousins BD, BF at the time was a dope boy and copped pretty much everyone those 9s my cousin her sis and even my little sister pair but gave me an army man gameboy game i never been more jealous of sister lol. Since than i always wanted those they are so damn nice the CW is one of the best

Correct me if i am wrong. Wasnt the last release a QS release? i dont remember an actual GR on those because there woundnt have been a reason for me not copping.
Yeah, they were very limited. They released in fall 2012, right? If not, spring 2013.

I ain't gonna lie. Wearing em like this, the feel like two different shoes. The midsole is way more comfortable on the 2021. ItIt'more reactive and bouncy feeling.. I can feel the air bubble on the heel.. Alot stiffer on the 2011. The tongue sits a bit better on the 2011. But looks nicer on the 2021. Comparing em with the stealths was fair because the stealths didn't have the full ankle support either. Still a tad more than the 2021. The 2021s seem a tad longer. The perforations are super nice on the 2021s. Birds eye view, 2011s look like a nicer shape. But mirror wise the 2021 shape def looks better. The tongue is also a tad higher and sewed higher.. the new tongues are basically sewed almost at the middle of your foot. Jumpman looks Hella nicer on the 2021s. Lol they both smell exactly the same though. The toe box looks nicer on the stealths.. could be just my eyes though. What I love about the stealths, is the toebox literally won't crease. I got miles and miles on that pair and they still look pristine.

Yo go boy, these gonna crack on me too..?? been wearing these all day.. :wink:
20210228_231743.jpg
20210228_231107.jpg

I kinda do want to put gray laces on both pairs.... I know black would look nice but not my cup of tea

Last edited:
not sure why people are trashing the OGs. They were a much nicer looking shoe than this tumbled leather version imo. Not to mention that getting a flawless tumbled leather shoe these days is near impossible.

Picked up another pair from Nike Santa Monica (Was looking to see if they had the 4’s) gonna see how the pair from champs looks because i got the 2 different toe boxes

F98EE2FA-BCE5-4F72-909B-2D18BB054407.jpeg
F0E6D9A8-8AC1-4E56-AC32-B0BF7BA70284.jpeg

not sure why people are trashing the OGs. They were a much nicer looking shoe than this tumbled leather version imo. Not to mention that getting a flawless tumbled leather shoe these days is near impossible.
Worse part being its not even leather.

I ain't gonna lie. Wearing em like this, the feel like two different shoes. The midsole is way more comfortable on the 2021. ItIt'more reactive and bouncy feeling.. I can feel the air bubble on the heel.. Alot stiffer on the 2011. The tongue sits a bit better on the 2011. But looks nicer on the 2011. Comparing em with the stealths was fair because the stealths didn't have the full ankle support either. Still a tad more than the 2021. The 2021s seem a tad longer. The perforations are super nice on the 2021s. Birds eye view, 2011s look like a nicer shape. But mirror wise the 2021 shape def looks better. The tongue is also a tad higher and sewed higher.. the new tongues are basically sewed almost at the middle of your foot. Jumpman looks Hella nicer on the 2021s. Lol they both smell exactly the same though. The toe box looks nicer on the stealths.. could be just my eyes though. What I love about the stealths, is the toebox literally won't crease. I got miles and miles on that pair and they still look pristine.

20210228_231743.jpg
20210228_231107.jpg

I kinda do want to put gray laces on both pairs.... I know black would look nice but not my cup of tea
The right one looks much better is it a custom? I think it's the weird hits of orange that make the original unappealing to me

I ain't gonna lie. Wearing em like this, the feel like two different shoes. The midsole is way more comfortable on the 2021. ItIt'more reactive and bouncy feeling.. I can feel the air bubble on the heel.. Alot stiffer on the 2011. The tongue sits a bit better on the 2011. But looks nicer on the 2011. Comparing em with the stealths was fair because the stealths didn't have the full ankle support either. Still a tad more than the 2021. The 2021s seem a tad longer. The perforations are super nice on the 2021s. Birds eye view, 2011s look like a nicer shape. But mirror wise the 2021 shape def looks better. The tongue is also a tad higher and sewed higher.. the new tongues are basically sewed almost at the middle of your foot. Jumpman looks Hella nicer on the 2021s. Lol they both smell exactly the same though. The toe box looks nicer on the stealths.. could be just my eyes though. What I love about the stealths, is the toebox literally won't crease. I got miles and miles on that pair and they still look pristine.

20210228_231743.jpg
20210228_231107.jpg

They need to bring back the Stealths, those are nice

Finishline delivered my pair yesterday and I’m pleased with my pair. Trying out the gray laces for the moment, probably switch back to white when it warms up.
1B9549E8-40A1-45B8-A6D1-17489140633D.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom