Air Jordan 3 88's. Please help

So I got scammed on some fake 88's a week or so ago. I bought these from SoleStage in Cali. Feel a bit better about these but still have a few concerns
409986953.jpg

409986948.jpg

409986940.jpg

409986941.jpg

409986942.jpg

409986946.jpg

I feel as though the cut under these eyelets is kind of sloppy
409986949.jpg

409986950.jpg

409986952.jpg

409986955.jpg

I also feel as though the EP might come a bit high. But I have seen some legit pairs that look similar
409986956.jpg

409988789.jpg

409995273.jpg

More sloppy cuts

409995272.jpg

409995270.jpg

409995271.jpg

Thanks fellas

Last edited:
I would say they look passable..I think this may be a restock pair or something bc they are fairly sloppy, but I think they are ok..Get another few opinions on this pair though.

Thanks for your input.  

Somethings on these look good.  Some things look eeehhhhhh......

ehh I'm leaning. Get a better shot of both tongues, shot of the direct fronts. I see some small widows peaks and EP on the back looks a lil high. Yes could be sloppy but I wanna be certain

That's how I feel. Want to rock them but not if they are messed up.

Somebody earlier had mentioned them being from a re-stock. Do re-stocks typically have ****** quality?

I'm pretty sure these aren't b-grades, because b-grades usually come in a different box

Anybody else care to weigh in??

Nothing popped out to me but the offset elephant print. But we all know how quality varies. These look like they were made on a Friday.

What I mean is workers in factories have there mind on the weekend and not work.

I say legit

For one of my jobs I sell bicycles. Spin know all about Friday goods.

4:30 on a Friday at the factory in china and they all want to get to karaoke

Anybody else that wants to weigh in feel free

These are factory variants.. I had a guy try to scam me a while back with one of these China replica fakes and the key giveaway is the texture of the leather.. The 88's had a very smooth leather on the authentic pairs (which I've owned three authentic pairs before with og receipts to verify this is indeed a correct statement).. after a long drawn out paypal claim they sided with me and since he tried to fraud me they let me keep the shoes too.. the variant/fake pairs have a more tumbled like texture on the leather of the shoe and tongue.. also the elephant print on this is off as well which is another indicator.. I would definitely try returning these shoes or filing a claim if possible.. this was a highly counterfeited shoe, I wouldn't advise anyone to buy a pair of these if the sellers can't produce a receipt or unless you know exactly what to look for in an authentic pair.. fakes are getting a lot better these days, but holding an authentic pair next to a fake pair would be a no-brainer, you can tell the difference from the quality on each pair.. and don't buy that re-stock B-S, quality doesn't suffer because of a re-stock, sounds like something a re-seller scammer would try and say. hope that helps

These are factory variants.. I had a guy try to scam me a while back with one of these China replica fakes and the key giveaway is the texture of the leather.. The 88's had a very smooth leather on the authentic pairs (which I've owned three authentic pairs before with og receipts to verify this is indeed a correct statement).. after a long drawn out paypal claim they sided with me and since he tried to fraud me they let me keep the shoes too.. the variant/fake pairs have a more tumbled like texture on the leather of the shoe and tongue.. also the elephant print on this is off as well which is another indicator.. I would definitely try returning these shoes or filing a claim if possible.. this was a highly counterfeited shoe, I wouldn't advise anyone to buy a pair of these if the sellers can't produce a receipt or unless you know exactly what to look for in an authentic pair.. fakes are getting a lot better these days, but holding an authentic pair next to a fake pair would be a no-brainer, you can tell the difference from the quality on each pair.. and don't buy that re-stock B-S, quality doesn't suffer because of a re-stock, sounds like something a re-seller scammer would try and say. hope that helps

1st off, 88's were tumbled leather bro..2nd receipts are bought and sold online and on the street every day. A receipt means NOTHING these days. 3rd it's well known that restock usually consist of the worst of the A grades if you will.. For instance store X get 100 pair, someone either does not buy or returns a bunk pair..They don't sell, Nike gets them back where do you think these pairs go? A restock.. Restocks are the left overs and the returned pairs. Not all are terrible but some Def have issues. You guys these days seem to forget these are MADE BY HAND not robots. Not every pair is perfect. "Reseller scammer" hahaha please.

View media item 1169530

Last edited:
ehh I'm leaning. Get a better shot of both tongues, shot of the direct fronts. I see some small widows peaks and EP on the back looks a lil high. Yes could be sloppy but I wanna be certain

Have the extra pics helped at all?

Mind taking second look?

Because at this point I'm so damn confused. Some people say yay. Some say no. I found this "official" pic of the 88s on "another sneaker site" that seems to have varying cuts of EP

410000736.jpg

Last edited:
'88 white cements were just poorly made in general. But your pair looks legit OP. I believe the biggest telling signs are the EP and the collars. Both seem good.

Last edited:
These are real man. Just look like a b grade pair that slipped past inspection

That's what I was kind leaning toward. Because I know b-grades come in a funky box.

all and all I am starting to be a bit more confident in them. Just wish they didn't have the minor flaws they got. But hell, it could be worse, they could be fakes I suppose

These look fine to me. Usually when the cuts are high they come with other tells like the shoe shape being off or tongues being off, etc. But they have the correct fluctuating eprint thickness and laced up correctly plus everything else checks out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom