Air Jordan 3 Katrina May 12th

Well, that just ends the Nike vs. Jumpman debate. The JumpAir looks like meek little brother next to a manly group. So wrong! :lol:

Anyway, I'm enjoying the pictures. I'm still salty I had use my funds elsewhere, but I know I can cop from StockX down the road. I really do want to see a White Cement remaster done; the picture above being the prime example why. It's starting to become one of my favorite Js. The only thing is Jordan will probably use the same exact leather they used on the Black Cement, and not the nice one done on these. With a GR you gotta decide what you prefer: NikeAir, or good leather. :smh:

Careful, there’s a lot of Jumpman Air sympathizers ITT.

Your comment was confusing tbh, it sounded like you don’t care about the $40 retail price increase.
Honestly, we had the discussions about price increases years ago when prices were going up $10 a year. Some of y’all just want to complain just to complain and I’m not about that life.

So feel free to not try and bait me into those convos because I want no part of it.

$40 nicer?
everything has basically gone up in price man

yea it sucks because we focus on what we like and see a massive price increase and get upset but when you look elsewhere. prices are up with most as well. only gonna keep going up

yea it sucks because we focus on what we like and see a massive price increase and get upset but when you look elsewhere. prices are up with most as well. only gonna keep going up

My pair is on the way and I haven’t seen a pair in person yet. I’m genuinely curious if the quality increase is commensurate to the price hike. Not a complaint as obviously I’ve already bit that bullet.

Really like these in person. Not gonna nitpick the little things like I did with the BC's 'cause these aren't pretending to be OG. Just a beautiful sneaker. Prefer Nike Air 'cause it looks better and that's how the shoe was designed from the get go but I can live with the jumpman on a non-og colorwary...

Got shipping confirmation from villa last night. Very excited to have these in hand in a few days! I am shocked how fast they sold out online. Seeing then sitting on the euros last week made me think these would sit for a bit. Also adding to that theory was the true blues and the the xi lows. I wonder what the numbers were for these? I have a nike bday coupon I wanted to use so didn' even try for them at 10. Around 10:15 I started checking ndc. Opened up a tab for villa as well at this time. Nothing on ndc so I went to sneakers and saw they were sold out. Villa had me in their que so I checked dsg and didn't even see a listing for thrse. About 1030 I got through the que on villa and was able to purchase. Glad I did for sure. Will double up down the line as the resell is low and in a few months I might get lucky and get one for slightly under retail or close too it. Congrats to all that got a pair and enjoy!

20180513_194733.jpg

Saw these at a few stores at the Glendale Galleria (FA, FTL, Shoe Palace). Did these sit? I really wanted these but just not enough $ this month. Working on my financial freedom :lol:

And obviously better than true Blue 3’s from 2016. Yikes to those pairs.
Yea those don’t exist to me. That particular release is definitely an outlier in terms of quality in recent years (although I do think that the botching of that retro is the reason the current 3s are priced at $190/$200 and not $200/$220, so there’s at least a silver lining).

Someone mentioned this release being kind of like B/red Toes and I agree. I woke up Saturday expecting these to sit and they actually sold out on SNKRS which surprised me because they sat all Thursday with early reserves which also had me baffled at the losses on foot apps.

I picked up my FA pair yesterday around 2 and was pleasantly surprised at the leather and my pair had nice sized EP too. In comparison to my other III's, these are damn near the best.. the only ones better are my BC III's; these have better leather than my FTL's. Also, the height on my pair is very much like OG's not that super short height we've been seeing on III's which was probably an accident but I think I got a solid pair.

My FA still had Tinkers which I wasn't initially a fan of but in person they were fire, so I double backed and copped those too. Jimmy Jazz down the block also had both Katrinas and Tinkers. I'm loving both of these.. they're so fire in person; it brings me back to the excitement I used to get after a release back in college.

IMG_7288.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0448.JPG

Prices have gone up ~25-30% for everything since 2014? That doesn't seem correct...

some dudes complaining about jumpman vs nikeair should have been there in 01 when the true blue got the jump man while the bc got the nikeair. either way i bought both. nikeair or jumpman i don’t care

Back
Top Bottom