Air Jordan 3 Tinker Black Cement July 27, 2019

Its funny how on the limited pairs they pay close attention to the OG detail , Like the skinny EP on the front and the back underneath Nike Air. But on the mass produced Black Cements it is hit or miss

This shoe is confusing, the swoosh really throws me off. Like I forget I'm looking at a 3 when I see em. Don't like the colorblocking though

Idea was scraped for a reason lol

Reminded me of these
NIKE-FLIGHT-SQUAD-PRM-QS-OD22NZ96-MEDIUM-OLIVE.jpg

Last edited:
Trash

I do like the red back tab tho lol

But yea the concept is dope based on the sketch but this is where the changes were far for the better lol

Based on the sketch it looks like he was deciding between a swoosh or the "NIKE" on the lateral side.
Would have been better to pick one or the other for this release or even have one shoe say nike and the other have a swoosh rather than both having the swoosh on the lateral side AND the NIKE on the medial side.

That mold is what everyone should be talking about. This makes me hate the bc3s coming out even more.

I like these swoosh 3s more than White cements. No doubt. These are going hard with some nice denim.

That swoosh shape though...

That's how tinker draws a swoosh because it's a sketch because he's probably not breaking out a protractor for it. Yet here it is in real life in all it's raw distorted glory. It's so weird and different that it becomes the main attraction by default because they're making the point with it that it's a from a sketch. It's more art than branding. It then becomes dope af.

I'm in on these until I find out it's limited to Marcus Jordan and his boyfriend or something.

One thing that bothers me is how synthetic the leather looks. Still on the fence regarding that.

That swoosh shape was used on a lot of production versions back in late 80s early 90s. Looks pretty much like the swoosh on the OG Maestro.

I think I'm starting to second guess that red heel tab when I picture these with denim...

A gray or white tab with red lettering wouldve been better.

I like these. I wish the stitched gray "nike" wasnt there though. Makes them a little too busy.
It mightve looked better if they actually followed through on his sketch and stitched just the shadow of the font like how he drew it. They basically just straight up stitched NIKE on there and that's not what is on the sketch.

*Hire me, Nike. I have that 20/20 vision. * #talentedandbroke

I like the history behind these. If these aren’t super limited I’ll cop them and probably not wear them much...

Back
Top Bottom