Air Jordan 3 Tinker Black Cement July 27, 2019

damn if only we got the one from that photoshop instead, I’ll be on board. I dont really mind the swoosh at all. If the toebox was slanted like it suppose to, this will be perfect. Even the damn EP is lower for these

Can you imagine the debate at Nike back in the day when they were deciding whether or not to take off the swoosh. That was the first Nike shoe with now swoosh on the side. Wonder if it was ultimately an MJ decision or Tinker; I expect Nike would have wanted it on as Nike branding was just building up at that point.

Would like to see these in hand; kind of liking the stylized swoosh. Wonder if these will even be possible to get. I'm defintely a fan of OG in general, however, I do appreciate some new changes.

2’s were the first Nike sneaker to not have a swoosh...

As for these I’m kind of indifferent actually...I like the fact that it’s made off a Tinker design sketch...But I think the execution is lacking...

If they weren’t going to make them off the sketch specs then they should’ve went with a different design...Might have been better if they'd taken an old production sample or something, and used that as the inspiration...

I think these are FIRE with the swoosh to be totally honest. I think the big problem here is the color blocking more so than the swoosh.

Can you imagine the debate at Nike back in the day when they were deciding whether or not to take off the swoosh. That was the first Nike shoe with now swoosh on the side. Wonder if it was ultimately an MJ decision or Tinker; I expect Nike would have wanted it on as Nike branding was just building up at that point.

Would like to see these in hand; kind of liking the stylized swoosh. Wonder if these will even be possible to get. I'm defintely a fan of OG in general, however, I do appreciate some new changes.

Ever seen a pair of 2s? It was a Kilgore decision

I think these are FIRE with the swoosh to be totally honest. I think the big problem here is the color blocking more so than the swoosh.

I think Tinker would have done a more subtle color blocking too, something like this...making the elephant print lighter and adding back the red color pops to balance out the shoe as there's just too much black currently imo.
Air-Jordan-3-Tinker-Correct2.jpg

I think Tinker would have done a more subtle color blocking too, something like this...making the elephant print lighter and adding back the red color pops to balance out the shoe as there's just too much black currently imo.
Air-Jordan-3-Tinker-Correct2.jpg
I feel like in a perfect world they would go with a more traditional White Cement, Black Cement, or Fire Red color blocking, but they added more black and such to differentiate it from those color 3s. They would've been dope, but they would just be one of those aforementioned 3s but with a swoosh. I like the different color blocking.

There are certain things that draw my attention on a shoe. The fire red 'Nike Air' back tab is it. I don't know what it is but I am drawn to it. Similar to the black tongue on the fire red 5's.
Agree the red back tab looks great. Would have looked better with a few more red hits like mentioned above.

JB needs to stop playing and retro of the black tongue (or grape) 5s with Nike Air. I’m guessing we’ll get another retro of the 3M tongue version first though...

I remember 1988 and these would have been absolute fire with the swoosh. I know they look funny now...

Does the grey portion seem to be 3M?

Hoping hype stays low on these but, the cycle will continue.

Find it hard to believe he would have actually put a Nike check on the side of the shoe like that lol.

It's passable since I'm already accustomed to the AJIII silhouette and my favorite part of this shoe is the heel tab in red.

Looks like a fusion though.

Agree the red back tab looks great. Would have looked better with a few more red hits like mentioned above.

JB needs to stop playing and retro of the black tongue (or grape) 5s with Nike Air. I’m guessing we’ll get another retro of the 3M tongue version first though...

Prob won't get the 5's until 2020.

Hmm, not sure where else they could have added red. Initially, I was thinking a red tongue would have looked interesting on these but I liked them as is.

I think these are dope. I don't mind the check and the color blocking with the Red heel tab does it for me. I'm in! Hopefully they're not super limited and I can scoop my size...

I dig them, was wondering about how the finished product would've looked since I first saw the sketch years ago. The thing I'm worried about is Nike/JB making these go the Air Max Zero way and not keeping them a 'one-off' but instead going on with them for years with different CWs

I dig them, was wondering about how the finished product would've looked since I first saw the sketch years ago. The thing I'm worried about is Nike/JB making these go the Air Max Zero way and not keeping them a 'one-off' but instead going on with them for years with different CWs

I would say that's highly unlikely. The zero was a complete new model that was so obvious they were going to mass produce. These are a special edition 3; no 3 has ever been widely available sitting on shelves for years. Some colorways took a few months to sell out, but I doubt we'll see these again and again.

Remind me of BC3 inspired Flight 89's. These been sitting for years and still looking nice. I'm in for a pair but I believe these Tinker 3's are gonna be a instant sell out. Resellers will be going hard.
20180126_092851.jpg

I'm a sucker for the backstory, and it looks pretty good to me, so I'll be trying for a pair.

I really wish they didn't include that stitched "NIKE" though, it looks horrible.

Back
Top Bottom