Air Jordan 3 Tinker Black Cement July 27, 2019

Air Jordan 3 Tinker NRG
Color: White/Fire Red/Cement Grey-Black
Style Code: AQ3835-160
Release Date: March 24, 2018
Price: $200

Air-Jordan-3-Tinker-NRG-Fire-Red-AQ3835-160-Release-Date.jpg

If they actually got the shape right according to Tinker's sketch, especially the toe area the Swoosh wouldn't have looked so bad. A little "puppet warping" in Photoshop to flatten out the hideous banana
toe and it's a whole different shoe imo....
Air-Jordan-3-Tinker-Correct.jpg

tumblr_m4rtphxrWz1qc5osho1_500.gif

currently i can hope for a double or triple up, but of course by 3/20 people will forget they don't like this "gimmick"......... p.s. what's the difference between a gimmick and a collab?

The swoosh simultaneously makes the shoe dope as a (unworn) collectible but at the same time, off if someone was wearing it.

It be like elephant print on 11s.

tumblr_m4rtphxrWz1qc5osho1_500.gif

currently i can hope for a double or triple up, but of course by 3/20 people will forget they don't like this "gimmick"......... p.s. what's the difference between a gimmick and a collab?

the asking price

These are dope. I like that it pays tribute to the original sketch by Tinker and the Swoosh doesn't look like the traditional Swoosh we see on the 1s. I want all these 3s.
I'm with you. I think they're super dope, and as someone who's into Js, I wouldn't dare miss out on these, even if just for collection purposes, but I plan on rocking. I know some think the shape needs a little work (lots of DS off foot pics of shoes aren't the best looking), but once they're on foot and worn they'll be fine.

So NRG releases mean Green Gatorade stock and not Levi’s, right?

Because Levi was a collab it didn’t have the “NRG” association?

I just really want these and the clear sole white cements lol.

Gotta have it.
So NRG releases mean Green Gatorade stock and not Levi’s, right?

Because Levi was a collab it didn’t have the “NRG” association?

I just really want these and the clear sole white cements lol.
NRG definitely means limited but quantities are different. Levis x Aj4, Gatorade 6, and top 3 gold all had NRG tags with very different availability.

NRG is actually a group within Jordan Brand. A designer group that are responsible for the hyped/limited releases.

For example, the Air Yeezy 2's were NRG.

Digging these for the historical aspect. Not sure I’d ever wear them, but I’d like to stare at them in a glass case in my house.

This is the first limited shoe that I really wanted to secure in a while, need to find a way to secure these.

Doooodooo not mad at the swoosh but the colorblocking and nike on lateral just kill it for me. Resellers gonna feast on these

Can you imagine the debate at Nike back in the day when they were deciding whether or not to take off the swoosh. That was the first Nike shoe with now swoosh on the side. Wonder if it was ultimately an MJ decision or Tinker; I expect Nike would have wanted it on as Nike branding was just building up at that point.

Would like to see these in hand; kind of liking the stylized swoosh. Wonder if these will even be possible to get. I'm defintely a fan of OG in general, however, I do appreciate some new changes.

If they actually got the shape right according to Tinker's sketch, especially the toe area the Swoosh wouldn't have looked so bad. A little "puppet warping" in Photoshop to flatten out the hideous banana
toe and it's a whole different shoe imo....
Air-Jordan-3-Tinker-Correct.jpg
I personally like that swoosh simply because it gives a vintage look. Back in the days, the logo wasn't cut meticulously and it brings back memories. Pretty sure they did it on purpose for that reason

Last edited:
Can you imagine the debate at Nike back in the day when they were deciding whether or not to take off the swoosh. That was the first Nike shoe with now swoosh on the side. Wonder if it was ultimately an MJ decision or Tinker; I expect Nike would have wanted it on as Nike branding was just building up at that point.

Would like to see these in hand; kind of liking the stylized swoosh. Wonder if these will even be possible to get. I'm defintely a fan of OG in general, however, I do appreciate some new changes.

2s had even less swooshes so I don't think it was that serious

These are pretty ugly. Nike had their chance to put a swoosh on it and they didn't. Amd they didnt even do it right! Stop trying to change history nike

Back
Top Bottom