Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX)

As we close in on 2024,.... I'd say it's time to start looking towards the Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX),...… With the tourney season upon use yet again,.... Wondering if Jordan Brand will allow Kiki Rice to debut these again or might they aim for the NBA Playoffs to start showing these off? So let's get the speculations underway of what we could get okay??

What would everyone like to see with technology or packaging? With Jason Mayden back wouldn’t it be sweet if they retroed these?
IMG_0573.jpeg

As for tech ,.... I believe the 39 will have a lot of close ties to the 9, but with a modern technology setup, a shoe that's both lightweight and performance driven.... I believe that we will likely get the Jumpman on the heel of the shoe a lot like what we see with the Tatum 1 and Zion 3, so expect it to be placed where you can see it's the signature shoe line! I wouldn't be surprised if they bring some of the stats that were on the sole of the 9 to the 39?!? I expect to see 23 and maybe even 45 somewhere on the shoe.....

As for the mid-sole, expect it to get Formula 23 foam as well as a full length Zoom -Air unit and if im being truly optimistic maybe they will double the bag in the forefoot for added comfort.... I'm envisioning that it will stay with the X plate like setup because that l unit they have on the 38 definitely improves it's lockdown in lateral movements! As for the up I believe they will feature the very light weight leather used in the 38, likely owing more in character to the 38 low over the mid,.... As for the upper, I expect a sock like liner , that will improve lockdown and shifting when in motion, add to that and nice tight collar at the ankle and I believe the shoe will improve on what we saw with the 38, side pods with windows to the Zoom Air Unit at the forefoot, with some mimicking to the 9 pods... So what do you all think?? Tell me what you all would like to see???

Besides being stiff what would you change to make them more exquisite. They definitely dropped the ball with the 2009 and XXX and only coming out with a few basic colorways.
I’m curious to see what could have been with the 2009 because Maden is on record stating that those above him with final approval for the original design handcuffed the design and the 2009 is what we got. So, I assume it was even more exquisite and luxurious. And they definitely should have released the two color ways in my avy.

It’s interesting because why would a designer come back to the company that handcuffed their design for the Jordan basketball shoe? I’m sure money is a factor but I’d assume Maden had some leverage for creative control this time back around. We shall see.

Also, lets be clear about the 30, yes the ball was dropped. However, Tinker was not even lead designer on that shoe to begin with and got the assignment with 6 months left. Which is normally when a shoe is going into production. It would be nice to finally get some level of clarification on what exactly happened or at least some info.

As for tech ,.... I believe the 39 will have a lot of close ties to the 9, but with a modern technology setup, a shoe that's both lightweight and performance driven.... I believe that we will likely get the Jumpman on the heel of the shoe a lot like what we see with the Tatum 1 and Zion 3, so expect it to be placed where you can see it's the signature shoe line! I wouldn't be surprised if they bring some of the stats that were on the sole of the 9 to the 39?!? I expect to see 23 and maybe even 45 somewhere on the shoe.....

As for the mid-sole, expect it to get Formula 23 foam as well as a full length Zoom -Air unit and if im being truly optimistic maybe they will double the bag in the forefoot for added comfort.... I'm envisioning that it will stay with the X plate like setup because that l unit they have on the 38 definitely improves it's lockdown in lateral movements! As for the up I believe they will feature the very light weight leather used in the 38, likely owing more in character to the 38 low over the mid,.... As for the upper, I expect a sock like liner , that will improve lockdown and shifting when in motion, add to that and nice tight collar at the ankle and I believe the shoe will improve on what we saw with the 38, side pods with windows to the Zoom Air Unit at the forefoot, with some mimicking to the 9 pods... So what do you all think?? Tell me what you all would like to see???
I dont have too many expectations. I just want comfort and the brand to raise the bar with the tech like always. There should be an obvious evolution from one game shoe to the next. I’d like to see some call outs to the 9 with maybe colors, a new take on the speed lacing that was on the 9, reintroduce the inner bootie, and hopefully they keep the moon boot aesthetic because its one of the visual elements that set it aside from the rest of the line.

And while We’re here discussing the 39, I just want to give a quick mention to the XXXX! I hope they do something truly, truly unique, special and it’s revolutionary.. 40 sig models is crazy to even think about! Ok, back to the 39 :lol:

I dont have too many expectations. I just want comfort and the brand to raise the bar with the tech like always. There should be an obvious evolution from one game shoe to the next. I’d like to see some call outs to the 9 with maybe colors, a new take on the speed lacing that was on the 9, reintroduce the inner bootie, and hopefully they keep the moon boot aesthetic because its one of the visual elements that set it aside from the rest of the line.

And while We’re here discussing the 39, I just want to give a quick mention to the XXXX! I hope they do something truly, truly unique, special and it’s revolutionary.. 40 sig models is crazy to even think about! Ok, back to the 39 :lol:

I believe that they will make the biggest leap in years when they reach the Jordan 40, the 10 was a very plan sure in its secondary release, so I believe that Jordan Brand will need to make the project something epic,..... I honestly think they could go as far as the auto lacing for that shoe, because the overall design would be pretty simple

I'd like to see the 39 be made for casual wear. The "Fundamental" 38 is perfect just for that reason. Some of us are in our 40's, with our bball days long behind us:lol: It's casual-only for me, now

Naw, I think everyone knows by now newer Jordans aint gonna be the prettiest, quite the opposite. :lol:

The 36 was the only exception, 0 casual appeal though.

I like all the above. Hopefully they actually test the shoe on court to make sure there are no defects ala the 38’s. Where some people are experiencing sole separation upon the first run in them. Still not sure how no one at Jordan Brand caught that one. Great, comfortable shoe otherwise.

I think y’all can forget about a 2009 retro lol. That colorway is dope but not a soul Is buying that shoe.
Well this soul definitely would cop I don't follow the crowd I could careless what the next person have to say not everyone hated that shoe so I guess it has to be a old school retro to be accepted man I can remember back in the 92 and 93 my freshman year og high-school those 7's didn't sell out h#ll they were still sitting on the shelves when the 8's came out and was deep discounted and the 8's did the same they when the 9's and 10 's drop

Back
Top Bottom