Air Jordan 4 & 11 Retail Prices Increase for Holiday 2012

Originally Posted by darkknightmiami

Don't worry lady's and gent's, just as the video game industry is falling over there $60 price hike, Nike shall fall and they will come crawling back to us and begging us to remember the good times they have brought us with their hard work and dedication that they put into their art and craft.

We living in a faaaaaaaaaantasy!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

Nike knows just as we all do...people will continue to buy the shoes no matter what price they mark them at...just get what you want and shut up. And they may improve the quality...may...but i doubt it.

People in here who don't mind the price increase are all sheep. Have some self-respect geez. I swear some of you bend over for Nike/Jordan and take it in the rear so easily
laugh.gif
. I make well beyond my means of living, but I will never shell out $180-200 on a pair of bad quality sneakers that are worth half of what they already go for. The people who blame it on inflation are idiots, prices increase due to supply and demand, not inflation dumb sh*ts. Its JB marketing, JB know all about the resell market and have figured out that their shoes will sell even if they increase their prices. Just watch, if this fad continues, XIs will be $220 next year. MARK MY WORDS!

In a way, I have to applaud JB and Nike. They're just a conglomerate powerhouse of money makers, their profits are doubling and they're taking advantage of people. And the funny thing is, the people are taking it.
roll.gif
And the people rightly deserve it, you keep feeding into this disaster by paying double or triple for shoes that used to be on sales-racks in the 1990s, that's evident of a materialistic society.

XIs AGAIN and for $200. Womp.

Can these MFs PLEASE just retro the XVIs so I can be done with them?

Damn...those will probably be like $180 though
tired.gif

WELL HOPEFULLY THE JORDAN TRend DIES, CUZ IF U THINK ABOUT ITS MOSTLY HIGH SCHOOLErs HYPING JORDAN'S UP LOOK AT THE CONCORDS WHEN I WENT TO MALL IT WAS 65% TEENAGERS IN THE LINES AND ON TV ACTING A FOOL WAS TEENS..... I REMEMBER WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL IT WASN'T A TREND BECUZ EVERYBODY USE TO HAVE THE MINDSET OF "JORDAN'S WERE CONSIDER OLD CUZ TWO NEW PAIR CAME OUT EVERY MONTH" BUT U KNO THE REAL SNEAKERHEAD KNO THAT THEY CAN'T OLD UNLESS U FUK EM UP.... SO HOPEFULLY THE KIDS GO BAC TO AIR ONES OR SOME NEW TREND SOON, PLUS JORDAN IS SMART CUZ THEY ASSUMING THIS YEAR BLACK FRIDAY N XMAS WILL WILD LIKE LAST YEAR SO Y NOT MAKE MORE MONEY

funny thing is for the most part nike isnt marking up too much and killing jb on quality smh

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

I agree, i don't mind the hike in price as long as the quality reflects it.

It's already been confirmed to be the same quality by PO. He's a pretty good person to listen to...

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

Originally Posted by darkknightmiami

Don't worry lady's and gent's, just as the video game industry is falling over there $60 price hike, Nike shall fall and they will come crawling back to us and begging us to remember the good times they have brought us with their hard work and dedication that they put into their art and craft.

We living in a faaaaaaaaaantasy!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

Nike knows just as we all do...people will continue to buy the shoes no matter what price they mark them at...just get what you want and shut up. And they may improve the quality...may...but i doubt it.
roll.gif
That was a good one. Please don't fail to realize that giants do fall and when they fall they don't fall gracefully. For example, Tropicana-Simply Orange, Best Buy-Amazon and also High priced jeans-Levis. The companies on the left are once mighty giants and now are dwindling as their stocks fall, while the companies on the right are taking their market share for not only of the lower price but also for the lack of quality. I understand where your coming from my fellow nike talker, but greed does bring failure. I wish that i could afford a pair of $200 dollar shoes every time i want one but it ain't happening, the only thing that is happening that ill explore other ventures and see where my money can stretch further. As far as buying what we want and shutting up believe me i do, thank god for fusions if it wasnt for those shoes i wouldnt be able to buy some of the shoes that i have now. I work like 12 hours a day and i don't get saturdays off, so if it wasn't for fusions the younger crowds would be buying up all of the retros. 

I'm not sure how anyone can be surprised b the move. With new releases averaging $250ish in the after market, JB is just trying to capture more of the total value generated by shoes. If we assume that the theoretical equilibrium price for in-demand retros is $250 (which is about where IVs and XIIs seem to have stabilized), Nike/retailers are currently capturing about 64% of that value (160/250).

Increasing prices will probably not affect after-market prices much, since 250 seems to be about where recent non-XIs stabilize. JB realizes that current retro demand is at its peak and intends to maximize the value captured during this frenzy while it clears out its latest in-demand models.

Nike is basically just doing what the reseller has done for years. If they can sell the consumer a GR at 160 and they go back and sell it after-market for 250-275, why wouldn't they want to capture more money? Even the budget friendly KD sneaker line has experienced $5 price hikes each year from what I remember from the KD II. The KD IV is another sign of them trying to capture another piece of the shoe market by releasing "limited" CWs like the Weathermans and NERFs at a premium price.

Buy what you like...the days of collecting are over.

Originally Posted by Born Tuesday

XIs AGAIN and for $200. Womp.

Can these MFs PLEASE just retro the XVIs so I can be done with them?

Damn...those will probably be like $180 though
tired.gif
Why don't you just buy an OG pair and call it a day? The quality will be 100X better and who cares about a little yellowing? The shoes are over a decade old and it'll add to the authenticity and 'vintage' feel of owning an OG pair.

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

What cracks me up is fools say every year, well, it's only 10 bucks more...it's only 20 bucks more...year after year. Yet, this $125(AJ 11)shoe is now up to $200. $200 worth of a shoe which isn't even half of the quality it used to be...and don't get me started on shape.

Thats the world we live in fam... Sad... But true 
tired.gif

I'm just as heated as anyone (I mean who ever wants to spend MORE money), but we all saw this coming. And guess what? Nike/JB knows EXACTLY what they're doing. They're #1 for a reason. They do their homework: see the line-ups, ebay prices, monitor us here when we say #@*# like "copped x 4" at pics of piss-poor quality retros, or pull the trigger on a $300 pair of Concords. They have a firm grip on our nostalgia balls and just keep tightening it ever so slightly.
Re-sellers: I don't see much changing at the moment. So they'll cop 9 pairs instead 10 this go 'round and still get theirs.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm still copping the 4s. The 11s: I'll stick with my off-red cardboard CDPs as sucky as they are. With the new price hike, next year I'm going to be very selective about my purchases (Grape Vs and hopefully nothing else...for now).

Nike/JB will work the bubble very carefully. I mean if YOU know that too drastic of a price hike will cause the market to crash, how do think they'll handle their very livelihood?

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

I agree, i don't mind the hike in price as long as the quality reflects it.

But. You. Will. Not. Receive. Higher. Quality. Sneakers.

I agree JB and Nike don't give two sh*ts about the consumer they know no matter how much the increase is they will still sell out, I remember when I was 15 and Jordan's raised the price back then from 115$ to 130$ and I thought that was outrageous now 10 years later here we are again with another increase seems to me every 5-10 years they want to raise the prices for new generations to come up. Personally if they backed up there quality to match there pricing maybe none of us would be ranting about it, but since they are gona release the same bull cr@p quality in my eyes would hurt there sales a little bit (for old heads) yea I'm only 25 but I have been in the Jordan game since I was 10 years old my older brother and sister would spoil me on Jordan's because they wanted me to be thebest dressed kid in school (lol I know) and now till this day my collection is just gettin crazy but I grew up with the life style and grew up watching Jordan play his heart out, I use to be in the palace of aburn hills when the pistons would play the bulls and I would always chant MJ MJ! Now it makes me just want to slap who ever is behind this nonsense price raising SMH

JB is trippin now. After this year I'm most likely gonna really slow down. Less coppin, more wearing.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

TO BE COMPLETELY HONEST, I'M SURPRISED THEY DIDN'T RAISE THEM MORE. IF I WAS SERIOUSLY JORDAN BRAND, I WOULD PRICE ALL RETROS AT $300-$350 BECAUSE I KNOW THEY WILL STILL SELL AT THAT PRICE.
You're crazy if you think they would sell out for that price at retail. The majority of the stock would sit.

^^^QFT ... if the quality reflected the increase in price itd be all good in the hood, but it seems to inversely reflect the price so its robbery!!!!

Back
Top Bottom