AIR JORDAN 4 RETRO - WHITE/NEUTRAL GREY/MILITARY BLUE - 308497-105 - CONFIRMED 6/2012

Originally Posted by ijapino

I'm surprised I haven't seen anybody mention the biggest change to these yet...

The fact that these new ones will be "WHITE" as opposed to "OFF-WHITE"....I guess it really won't matter much, and I'm sure they'll still look pretty clean, but it's still an unnecessary change.
eh, I didn't like that "off white" anyways.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Still won't have "NIKE AIR" on the back so most likely a no go.  

anyways....

zapatohead408 wrote:

The fact that these new ones will be "WHITE" as opposed to "OFF-WHITE"....I guess it really won't matter much, and I'm sure they'll still look pretty clean, but it's still an unnecessary change.

me too. I think the white will be very nice change of pace but we shall see in the final product
smile.gif

Originally Posted by DreSlay

anyways....

zapatohead408 wrote:

While were at it why don't we just make the entire upper patent leather and write "air sponge bob"on the back for  you too

You know, over the years people have made a lot of excuses for why they ditched the "NIKE AIR" on the back of the Jordan shoes that originally had it on the back.  

The most popular excuse is that Jordan Brand wants to distinguish itself from Nike.  So if that were the case, then why does the Jordan Sky High Court Low Leather shoe have a swoosh on the side of it?  Jordan Brand needs to seriously get over themselves and start doing right by the III, IV, V & VI and put Nike Air on the back.  Enough is enough already.
QFT....

SIG CHECK!

anyways....

zapatohead408 wrote:

While were at it why don't we just make the entire upper patent leather and write "air sponge bob"on the back for  you too

why would you want patent leather when you can have pleather?

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

anyways....

me too. I think the whitewill be very nice change of pace but we shall see in the final product
smile.gif

While were at it why don't we just make the entire upper patent leather and write "air sponge bob"on the back for you too
why would you want patent leather when you can have pleather?

i got rid of my last pair due to the quality.  I will definitely be looking forward to copping these if they do them justice this time.

I know it will always be an issue about Nike Air, but honestly, if quality is on point, I can honestly care less if it's a Jumpman or Nike Air.

Although we can all agree, it wouldn't kill them to use Nike Air on the III, IV, V, & VI.

I'm passin on these I wasn't that impressed with the first retro....let me get all those 12s next summer tho!

@frenchblue23 it wouldn't kill them to put "NIKE AIR" on the IIIs,IVs,Vs & VIs but knowin them they are proly waiting to put them together in some mid quality pack on the JB's 50th anniversary or somethin

nice that these are coming back....again. but i'll stick with my crispy retros.

as for nike air on jordans...why do people keep bringing that up? nike is a different brand than jordan (same umbrella, but different brand). it's like asking to put the three stripes on a jordan. not gonna happen...

^ its nothing like trying to put 3 stripes on a Jordan! The OG and first retros of those 4 Js had the beloved "NIKE AIR" on the back of um....some of us just want the good old days back bruh

Will definitely cop. Was gonna cop the last release recently too but I heard rumours about them coming out in 2012 so I flopped, looks like it's confirmed now, thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I know it will always be an issue about Nike Air, but honestly, if quality is on point, I can honestly care less if it's a Jumpman or Nike Air.

Although we can all agree, it wouldn't kill them to use Nike Air on the III, IV, V, & VI.

This is the only pair of IVs that I'm buying next year.
*fingers still crossed for more unnecessary changes*

Well, its grail time again....ran og's into the ground as a kid, destroyed 06s with the quickness, lets see how they hold up this time. Was that even leather last time? Seemed like plastic, or shiny cardboard leather. lol

I still have the last retro of these, after like 5 wears the midsole started to crack and I just put them back in the box and away.

Made me mad, depending on how good the quality of these are better than the last ill cop if not ill pass. The last retro also creased horribly too.

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

I still have the last retro of these, after like 5 wears the midsole started to crack and I just put them back in the box and away.

Made me mad, depending on how good the quality of these are better than the last ill cop if not ill pass. The last retro also creased horribly too.
same thing happened to mine.  the paint on the inside midsole had one hairline chip running the length.  it's not too bad and the rest of the shoe still looks vnds.  i've just come to accept that the midsole paint will eventually chip on every pair of 4s no matter what you do.  3s have the same issue.

Did I get luck with my pair? I bought them about six months ago and have worn them about a dozen times. No cracking, no creasing, they look brand new sans a little dirt on the soles. I was a little kid when the OGs were new, so I have no idea how the quality of the Military's compares to the OGs, but they seem to take serious heat as one of the worst retros in terms of materials and quality.

Seems like the paint cracking is a known issue and a lot of people just get the paint and often preemptively re-coat them before chipping even starts. I've had minimal chipping on 3's unless I was actually balling in them.

Back
Top Bottom