Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully the quality is an improvement over the 06 pair...that leather was pathetic. Otherwise, beautiful colorway..

Why do you guys still say things like this?? The era of top quality Jordan sneakers is over. Let it go. The rhetoric is painfully redundant. The quality WONT be better...get over it or buy Lebrons

Ohh, so we have just as much info about this release as we did before. Nice to know.
If this has good quality I will cop twice, since I wouldve finally started my career by then. Bad quality = 1 cop

def grabbing a pair whenever they come out..

hope its right before the summer starts so i can beat the hell out of them all season

Why do you guys still say things like this?? The era of top quality Jordan sneakers is over. Let it go. The rhetoric is painfully redundant. The quality WONT be better...get over it or buy Lebrons
Some pairs do not have bad quality. The WC IVs and Cavs are recent examples.

Can't wait for these to release. It seems like next year all the Jordans i want to finish my collection are coming out: Black/blue 1s, Black toe 13s, Grapes, and white/black/red 8s. Maybe i'll pick up a couple more of the 5s that will come out for the 23rd anniversary.

For a release date im thinking right before or the beginning of summer. If not, Black Friday 2013

Please no 23 on the side. Two pairs to send me into retirement, these and Concords are the Js necessary for doubling up for me.

After that, I'm out. Tired of dealing the resellers, hypebeasts, and jumping through hoops just to get a pair of shoes.

Some pairs do not have bad quality. The WC IVs and Cavs are recent examples.

True and false. I haven't worn my Cavs IV's yet, so I cannot speak on them. But as far as the wc IV's go...they are BETTER quality, yes..."Good" quality, not so sure about. Leather is SUPER hard and stiff. Not too many glue stains, but the truth of the quality wont be revealed until they are worn a few times. For the record, my wc iv's are still ds also, but how many wears until the midsole cracks, I wonder? 12? 20? Less?

Quality is something that for loyalists of the brand, that we want, need, and deserve. For the prices they charge and continually increase, ALL retros, theoretically, should be very good quality. I will speak on ANY topic I choose to scrap, and as far as buying Lebrons...I've been doing that too..:wink:...my passion is for the sneaker I grew up on though which is Jordans.

Last edited:
Quality is something that for loyalists of the brand, that we want, need, and deserve. For the prices they charge and continually increase, ALL retros, theoretically, should be very good quality. I will speak on ANY topic I choose to scrap, and as far as buying Lebrons...I've been doing that too..:wink:...my passion is for the sneaker I grew up on though which is Jordans.

"Want" - yes. "Need and deserve" - arguable. You certainly don't "need" it. You may deserve it...I've been into sneakers well before this whole sneaker bubble thing over the last year or so. I actually had OG VI's in 1st grade. I hear where you're coming from. Don't get me wrong. My point is that EVERY post in the JB thread has complaints about quality. Things used to be one way with Jordans and now they're not. Times have changed. Cars are worse quality (especially American built) than they used to be and cost more now. Such is life homie.

I suppose some may believe that if you complain loudly enough and enough times, maybe JB will change their ways...?? But what's the last Jordan that didn't sell out? Military IV's? And before that...? Stealth X's? So 2 Jordans this year didn't sell out of all the Jordan retro releases so far in 2012? Yea, I think Nike/JB is ok with those kinda stats...

At this point, it doesn't matter WHAT JB releases, the quality will be subpar. You HAVE to know that at this point. So to complain about it is, as I originally said, painfully redundant. Just the idea that you are hoping that the quality will be better than its predecessor is kinda laughable at this point.

Yes, you can talk about whatever you want. At no point did I say that you couldn't. My point simply asked why you continue to do so, "scrap"...

"Want" - yes. "Need and deserve" - arguable. You certainly don't "need" it. You may deserve it...I've been into sneakers well before this whole sneaker bubble thing over the last year or so. I actually had OG VI's in 1st grade. I hear where you're coming from. Don't get me wrong. My point is that EVERY post in the JB thread has complaints about quality. Things used to be one way with Jordans and now they're not. Times have changed. Cars are worse quality (especially American built) than they used to be and cost more now. Such is life homie.
I suppose some may believe that if you complain loudly enough and enough times, maybe JB will change their ways...?? But what's the last Jordan that didn't sell out? Military IV's? And before that...? Stealth X's? So 2 Jordans this year didn't sell out of all the Jordan retro releases so far in 2012? Yea, I think Nike/JB is ok with those kinda stats...
At this point, it doesn't matter WHAT JB releases, the quality will be subpar. You HAVE to know that at this point. So to complain about it is, as I originally said, painfully redundant. Just the idea that you are hoping that the quality will be better than its predecessor is kinda laughable at this point.
Yes, you can talk about whatever you want. At no point did I say that you couldn't. My point simply asked why you continue to do so, "scrap"...

You're entitled to your own opinion. Do I agree totally? No......but moving on...

^THIS...what gets me is when dudes get their pairs and claim quality on their's is top notch!:rofl:.....Jordan's are not top notch quality and they sure as heck aint comfortable

Not entirely accurate. There have been re-retros with better quality in comparison to their predecessor. It happens, just not often enough.

Tuesday release is the best if they go back to it, send them kids back to school if they start camping on these.

Not entirely accurate. There have been re-retros with better quality in comparison to their predecessor. It happens, just not often enough.

I agree with your statement but imo there is a difference between better quality, then a predecessor and top quality....For example the Black/Red XI's coming out this Holiday will most likely be better then its predecessor, The CDP XI (peeling 23)...it will not be top quality though.

Please dont mistake me for complaining cause I will be the first one online trying to cop, just stating an opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom