Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering, how come no one likes the "23" on the side of the V's? I personally don't mind it.
I don't get it either. I know the Red Sole/Black Tongue Vs had the 23 at the side in it's OG form. Don't know if any of the other OGs did. It is truly not bad, and not something I truly care about. For the BM i thought the did a good job of matching the shoe and you can't even say the new 23 doesnt look much better than the OGs

air-jordan-5-og-fire-reds-white-black-red-23.jpg

Just a bunch of people complaining that it isnt like the OG. But I'd rather that than change the color blocking like they did with ALL the IVs this year. (Even the militaries, the blue and grey they chose is attrocious. I do prefer the eggshell white to the grey-white they used to use)

^ That "23" looks weird..

But anyways, I don't mind them having the "23" on the side.

Still copping regardless.

8)

Last edited:
Grapes are decent, I might consider acquiring a pair this time around if it's not a hassle.  I'm not going to go too much out of my way to get them.  It's either online/ store walk-in or bust for me.  

I never understood the fascination with this colorway. I remember when they originally came out and they sat and sat and sat....

Hmmm, I can honestly live without them. Just was never into them. These and aqua viii's are sooooo over-hyped imo. Already have a vision of the final product in my head- crappy pleather, '23' on the side, thin midsole paint. Pass.

Then damn i must be really old as i owned the original blacks and the original white/fire red plus played in them..... if only i knew then what i know now they would have been saved

I remember passing on these...back on December 26, 1990 (true story). Ended up getting the black/metallics (which I loved) instead because I thought that cw was "cooler".

Welp, got my BM Vs last year. Some Grapes this go 'round and I can retire.

gosh i hate these type of teasers. gotta wait for pics to surface, 6+ months to drop and nervous twitch trying to cop them online. i wish they just drop these on saturday. tired of waiting.

Just wondering, how come no one likes the "23" on the side of the V's? I personally don't mind it.

People just want what they can't have. Back in the day people were pissed when the V's didn't have the 23 like Jordan had. Grass is always greener.......

Last edited:
Wore my 06's a few weeks ago . Some dude asked me where I got my fresh prince Jordan's from .

I remember passing on these...back on December 26, 1990 (true story). Ended up getting the black/metallics (which I loved) instead because I thought that cw was "cooler".
Welp, got my BM Vs last year. Some Grapes this go 'round and I can retire.
wow. I bought my white/blk/red 90's that same day. Still have them, too

new nickname....Fresh Prince Vs. You heard it here first.
LOL I remember the first episode they were featured in. It was called homeboy. When Ice Tray came to visit! :rofl:
I get all the fresh prince colorways I like, which is why I am pissed the are dropping the Breds over the Columbias this December :smh: I need those Columbias that were in three of the last six episodes including the last. I remember when I was a kid I wanted all the fresh prince shoes so bad but ma dukes wasnt having it.

history-of-celebrities-wearing-the-air-jordan-xi-complex-02.jpg

celebrity-shoe-sightings-air-jordan-edition-21.jpg

fresh-prince-air-jordan-5-og-grape-3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom